2018 iPad Pro

krionX

Reaction score
Overall I am very pleased and happy with the iPad Pro 12.9 256 Wifi+Cell. Was tempted to get 11 inch but it was too small for me to split screen and do work. So decided to get 12.9 inch instead, really no regrets. The screen is suitable for any work if you like to multi task side by side.

The speakers of iPad Pro is very good and has bass and stereo surround effects. The keyboard and the pencil I see is a very good to have to compliment the overall iPad Pro experience. Compared to the older gen pencil, this 2nd gen pencil is much lighter. Although it has a magnetic function onto the iPad, but the chances of getting it lost can be quite high. Only if the Keyboard cover has a slot to contain the pencil that will be even better.

The 1st gen and 2nd gen pencils weigh the same.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if Apple charges restocking fee for returning unopened iPad Pro bought yest? Full refund or is there a restocking fee? Would they waive?

Should be full refund. So fast regret?

xhui22

Reaction score
Anyone can share how’s the Apple keyboard? Trying to justify to myself to get it over waiting for the 3rd party ones. Sorry if I sound noob cuz am upgrading from an Air 2 (dinosaur). Thanks!

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier, I tried to charge my 11” with my Anker desktop charger USB port rated at 2.4A, with a USB C adapted fitted to the micro USB cable, it failed to charge.

Then, I use my XiaoMi charger with its USB C cable, it failed to charge too.

Makes me wonder if the new Pros are intelligent to only allow chargin with its original iPad Pro charger and cable?

Anyone else charge their Pros with 3rd party charger/cable successfully?

Does Apple have their authentication chip on the USB-C cables as well?

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share how’s the Apple keyboard? Trying to justify to myself to get it over waiting for the 3rd party ones. Sorry if I sound noob cuz am upgrading from an Air 2 (dinosaur). Thanks!

Quite a good buy. When u flip all the way to the back to hold the ipad with one hand, of course u will press the keyboard but it will not trigger anything. Very strong magnet to hold the ipad and the keyboard folio case together. No regret and I’m using it to reply to u now.

xhui22

Reaction score
Nice. I went to play with it in store and it’s very light! Though the orientation of the ipad took a while for me figure how to move it around. Hmm. If it’s for 4-5years investment, maybe can stick to this. 🤣 thanks for sharing!

Quite a good buy. When u flip all the way to the back to hold the ipad with one hand, of course u will press the keyboard but it will not trigger anything. Very strong magnet to hold the ipad and the keyboard folio case together. No regret and I’m using it to reply to u now.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier, I tried to charge my 11” with my Anker desktop charger USB port rated at 2.4A, with a USB C adapted fitted to the micro USB cable, it failed to charge.

Then, I use my XiaoMi charger with its USB C cable, it failed to charge too.

Makes me wonder if the new Pros are intelligent to only allow chargin with its original iPad Pro charger and cable?

Anyone else charge their Pros with 3rd party charger/cable successfully?

I’m also using 3rd party charger and Samsung type C cable, no issue. My original ipad cable and charger still inside box.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. I went to play with it in store and it’s very light! Though the orientation of the ipad took a while for me figure how to move it around. Hmm. If it’s for 4-5years investment, maybe can stick to this. 🤣 thanks for sharing!

Best is u need not turn on Bluetooth for it to work. No need charging as well.. I wonder how this thing connect and work but I think the power came from ipad as it had 3 gold colour connectors at the back.

xhui22

Reaction score
Haha you just sealed the deal for me! Thanks for sharing again. :)

Best is u need not turn on Bluetooth for it to work. No need charging as well.. I wonder how this thing connect and work but I think the power came from ipad as it had 3 gold colour connectors at the back.

xhui22

Reaction score
Another noob qns. Does anyone charge their ipad from a USB port (those multi USB port charger adapter)? Means the cable is USB A to USB C (ipad)? Too many devices to charge. IPhone XS, iPhone 6, and IPP. Hope no need bring so many charger out

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another noob qns. Does anyone charge their ipad from a USB port (those multi USB port charger adapter)? Means the cable is USB A to USB C (ipad)? Too many devices to charge. IPhone XS, iPhone 6, and IPP. Hope no need bring so many charger out

I’m using the above mentioned hub to charge my ipad, iphone, Apple Watch, note 9, p20 pro.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys purchased the wifi or wifi + cellular model?

I got the 11” Grey Cellular 1TB model. I need to use it on the go most of the time to access work related stuffs. Download cctv videos, definitely need 1TB space.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Connect and powered from the 3-pin smart connector at the back.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m also using 3rd party charger and Samsung type C cable, no issue. My original ipad cable and charger still inside box.

Might need to enable the USB accessories inside the Face ID menu.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.