SUSS Part Time 2019/01

Bria1721

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanna check on how many of yall have went to uni after poly? what was your gpa? my gpa currently is 2.54 in year 2 sem 2 now and im worried i wont be able to get accepted in a local university? p.s i failed my o level e.maths with a d7 so im very worried they wont accept me due to that. thanks

Wah yr 2 sem 2... gpa confirm stuck below 3 alr.
Can try suss part time loh...
I also like that last time, last year then I wake up and push my grades up to 2.8...

orinyori

Reaction score
yeah i dont plan on taking anything related to engineering but I could still get into a local uni if I manage to raise my gpa right? eventhough i got a d7 fr math?

That would be dependent on the prerequisite of the course you are applying to.
O Level grades would no longer comprise of 20% of your University Admissions Score (UAS). So that it is fully based on your polytechnic results.

However, "the universities can continue to impose subject-specific pre-requisites to ascertain an applicant’s suitability, MOE added. For example, a polytechnic student who wishes to apply to a computer science course at NUS would need at least a B3 in O-Level Additional Mathematics."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-applying-for-nus-ntu-o-level-grades-10907838

The key thing would then be:
- Pull up your GPA significantly
- Apply for courses with no math pre-req

orinyori

Reaction score
😱 till now u still not enrolled?

I'm not sure where is the misunderstanding.
Because many of you are concerned that you haven't received your offers, I'm just sharing my situation - that I got my offer on 15 Nov 2016 for the Jan 2017 intake. I'm finishing my second year already.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Because many of you are concerned that you haven't received your offers, I'm just sharing my situation - that I got my offer on 15 Nov 2016 for the Jan 2017 intake. I'm finishing my second year already.

they excited laa.i got mine even later than u.lol

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Wow. So u straight away got a final offer? Didn’t even get a provisional? What course u in?

If it helps, I am from the January 2017 intake and I got my offer on 15 Nov 2016. :)
Also, I didn't get any provisional offer before 15 Nov.

RandySee

Reaction score

Ohh wow nice ! Exactly on the 15 hmmm

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.