Super x-fi amp, app, and a headphone too?

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
I realized my phone don't have type c port. May I know does anyone have their phone with no type c port?

seoulez

Reaction score
I find some pple review very funny...... if u really really like speaker so much then u should stay with speaker......
Keep saying the product cannot delivered....... want headphone to become a real speaker.
It not a replacement........

wind30

Reaction score
I find some pple review very funny...... if u really really like speaker so much then u should stay with speaker......
Keep saying the product cannot delivered....... want headphone to become a real speaker.

That is what creative was claiming... in previous demo that it is similar to a good 5.1 setup...

Cant even get 2 speaker setup right.

Normal headphone sound is unnatural inside your head. Creative sound is also unnatural floating nowhere...

To me it is a waste of 200 bucks

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Creative:
With Super X-Fi, headphone audio is magically moved out of your head, as if the headphones disappear. Everything sounds natural again, like in the real world. This mind-blowing audio technology uses acoustic mapping and holographic sound to create a headphone experience that’s indistinguishable from a dedicated set of surround speakers!
https://www.sxfi.com/tech/

Reviewer: It doesn't sound like speakers

Fan: I find some pple review very funny...... if u really really like speaker so much then u should stay with speaker......

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score

That's the whole point of this technology....it's like saying Whatsapp is being marketed as the mother of all messaging apps, but then turns out the messaging tech is broken...huh???

Oh but nevermind, it's still a great mobile dac/amp! Huuuhhhhh......??!!
Then maybe market it as a dac/amp?

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the whole point of this technology....it's like saying Whatsapp is being marketed as the mother of all messaging apps, but then turns out the messaging tech is broken...huh???

Oh but nevermind, it's still a great mobile dac/amp! Huuuhhhhh......??!!
Then maybe market it as a dac/amp?

so much for the holy grail

mr sim will be very sad, many companies can build good DAC/Amp within a few months (vs his 20 years), with a few hundreds thousand dollars ( vs his $100,000,000).

without the dsp, the dongle is just the off-the-shelf dac chip and ops amp.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine should be delivered next week, and yes, my LG G7 ThinQ has USB-C so I'm good to go. I will get a micro-USB to USB-C adapter because my other devices do not have USB-C (Sony Z5 Premium, Samsung Tab S2, Lenovo Phab 2). Quite curious as to how it would sound, though I've dismissed the hype about it sounding like a real 5.1 setup, as long as it gives a decent simulation of it is kao hoh liao.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I collected mine on the 18th of Oct. They have me a USB C to micro USB adapter free, Just ask for it when you collect the amp.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, coming to mid week and I have yet to hear from Creative about delivery of my SXFI amp....

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got mine delivered last night, not a bad package for 199SGD! Didn't quite like the Aurvana SE because I find it lacked detail, treble sounded muted/fuzzy......I'm a closet treblehead! Anyway, putting the SXFI through its pace with my HD600, will be using my HD800 and AKG K812 later.....I'm a treble and detail guy!:s22:
PbL6BzH.jpg

lengbebe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intermittent lags and distortion and unstable when used on all 96khz settings. IMHO I think it's not bad when used as a sound card without the super xfi effect turned on, but the sxfi effect sounds rather flat deflated and artificial. But it may just be me.

Tested on my mbp. Not enough drivers on the mac as well.

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Chukarzii

Reaction score
Got mine delivered last night, not a bad package for 199SGD! Didn't quite like the Aurvana SE because I find it lacked detail, treble sounded muted/fuzzy......I'm a closet treblehead! Anyway, putting the SXFI through its pace with my HD600, will be using my HD800 and AKG K812 later.....I'm a treble and detail guy!:s22:

How the sound like with hd600? I still waiting for my hd6xx to be arrived. And also what your connection like? Just SXFI to headphone?

behwatch

Reaction score
After patching with newest firmware of today, very stable, no more static after playing a certain time.

Converted 3.5mm to XLR to use on my KG Carbon + SR009.
Watching movies and concerts with 5.1, 7.1 has been a joy.
Stereo material still needs improvement as it does not really sound bigger.

Comparing with Smyth Research Realiser A16, A16 still wins using HD800 but the cost of it is 10X.

gYayUPjh.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.