About Dell Warranty (For Desktop)

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
Confused about Dell's different warranty:

Type A: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 Year Collect & Return Service
Type B: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 year Ltd Hardware Warranty,InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
Type C: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 year Premium Support:Onsite Service W/Accidental Damage

What is the difference ? especially Type A and B. (Plan to get desktop from dell)

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
Confused about Dell's different warranty:

Type A: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 Year Collect & Return Service
Type B: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 year Ltd Hardware Warranty,InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
Type C: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 year Premium Support:Onsite Service W/Accidental Damage

What is the difference ? especially Type A and B. (Plan to get desktop from dell)

type A - they take ur pc to their service center and repair
type B - they go ur house help u fix
type C - B + got accidental damage

based on my understanding, but dont quote me

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
type A - they take ur pc to their service center and repair
type B - they go ur house help u fix
type C - B + got accidental damage

based on my understanding, but dont quote me

Thanks.

So the Type B is similar to other brands's N-year onsite warranty, if i understand correctly.

chrisvin

Reaction score
Thanks.

So the Type B is similar to other brands's N-year onsite warranty, if i understand correctly.

Provided after remote access/on over the phone after trouble shoot DELL deem is need to come down or u r able to isolate the issue urself n simply ask for the replacement parts n u fix urself.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no matter which type of warranty you choose, Dell support is 3rd party outsourced and the damaged parts they replace are always refurbished (not brand new) even though your desktop is brand new.

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
no matter which type of warranty you choose, Dell support is 3rd party outsourced and the damaged parts they replace are always refurbished (not brand new) even though your desktop is brand new.
Good to know. Thanks.

Sent from OnePlus 5T using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.