2018 iPad Pro 12.9”/11” Accessories Thread

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I love the keyboard but won’t be using it 24/7. Also quite bulky if I were to bring it overseas. I have the first gen iPad Pro. Seriously I use it more than my MacBook Pro.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I love the keyboard but won’t be using it 24/7. Also quite bulky if I were to bring it overseas. I have the first gen iPad Pro. Seriously I use it more than my MacBook Pro.

Bulky but still thinner and more portable then your MacBook Pro.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If iPad Pro run on Mac OS, I won’t have get rid of my MacBook Pro. Not need to have 2 devices

wedgehammer

Reaction score
There are two problems for Cases and tempered glasses for iPad Pro 2018 that most of third-party products are having:
1. Cases do not support Apple Pencil 2 charging
2. Tempered glass disables Face Id

I tried to search online for a case and glass which do not have such problems, but found out that sven very reputable brands like Spigen, ESR, Speck... are having such issues. Anyone knows any 3rd party case and glass for iPad Pro 2018 that dont such these problems?

i’m using generic tempered glass and case with my 12.9 (both sourced from carousell) and never faced (no pun intended hehe) issues with the face id. i don’t understand how the transparent clear glass can cause issues with face id

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i’m using generic tempered glass and case with my 12.9 (both sourced from carousell) and never faced (no pun intended hehe) issues with the face id. i don’t understand how the transparent clear glass can cause issues with face id

Refraction.

wedgehammer

Reaction score
hmmm if there’s refraction, then there should be tell tale signs? i don’t see any and have never faced face id issues even with my cheapo tg sp. so maybe those having face id issues not due to sp but maybe part of the case covering the truedepth cameras. or maybe edge of screen prot or a certain combination of both obstructing the truedepth cams. but clear sp by itself shouldn’t cause the face id to fail unless obscuring the cameras or not transparent enuff

Last edited:

wedgehammer

Reaction score
maybe those matte or privacy type of screen protectors, but clear sp shouldn’t present any problems

ahtancw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any place sell ipad 12.9 new casing? and screen protector?

Hard to find now that covers the side, can put Apple Pencil and supports charging at the same time. Will be early 2019 for speck

ksksksks

Reaction score
For those facing face ID issues.
Try to set up face ID after applying the tempered glass.

Let me know if this works for u guys

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
For those facing face ID issues.
Try to set up face ID after applying the tempered glass.

Let me know if this works for u guys

It doesn’t really works for me.

I have my TG applied immediately after I collected my 11” and went on to set it up.

During the set up, I have experienced challenges in setting up my Face ID; often indicated Face ID is not available, try again later message.

After it was set up, it often miss to unlock with the message that the camera is blocked.

I’m using the Apple Smart Keyboard Filo. There shouldn’t be anything blocking the camera other than the TG itself. I have reset my Face ID and this time, it couldn’t register my face at all with the same message. That was when I decided to remove the TG and now, Face ID works as it should be, flawlessly.

I’m not exactly sure the reason why having a TG would fail the Face ID. I’m having TG on my iPhone all these while since the X model and no issues at all. There are some users here who has no issues.

wedgehammer

Reaction score
what type and brand screen protector you guys using, those having issues with face id?

the clarity must be really bad to cause issues with face id. i guess i lucked out with my cheapo one

ClarkKent

Reaction score
Anybody using any alternative charging adapter that is as powerful as the supplier adaptor?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess you guys don’t know how AppleCare+ works. It covers 2 accidental damages and only pay $42 to get the screen replaced.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, if get from amazon, wouldn’t the plug be US pin and not UK pin for sg?

It will be a US plug but you can either use an adapter to convert to local plug or change that power cable to local plug (<$5).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.