2018 iPad Pro

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, if you were to use iPad Pro for work (Keyboard + iPad Pro), a better option will be buying MacBook Air. This is due to the full fledge Mac OS software and also the flexibility to run windows.

iPad Pro is use mainly for social media, entertainment + a little bit of work (emails, some reading, simple editing). Using it 24/7 with keyboard doesn't seems very viable in my opinion

Hope some users can share their experience.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, if you were to use iPad Pro for work (Keyboard + iPad Pro), a better option will be buying MacBook Air. This is due to the full fledge Mac OS software and also the flexibility to run windows.

iPad Pro is use mainly for social media, entertainment + a little bit of work (emails, some reading, simple editing). Using it 24/7 with keyboard doesn't seems very viable in my opinion

really depend how u use it. useful for taking notes (esp students), drawing, etc. its a portable device, so if u want to use keyboard, snap the Smart Keyboard, if u want to draw or go portable, remove the keyboard, etc etc

the device is so powerful now...edit photo , video on the run

but if one purchase the iPad Pro just for just social media, entertainment :s22:

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true. The ipad when used with keyboard works very well. I have friends who have been doing that N it’s very viable. Much more portable than MacBook Air. To buy the ipp Pro for entertainment n media and simple work is under utilise it

xhui22

Reaction score
Agree. I’ve my MBP and that’s when I want to do serious work for most of the day. Else it’s the ipad for me as I move around. Much more portable.

really depend how u use it. useful for taking notes (esp students), drawing, etc. its a portable device, so if u want to use keyboard, snap the Smart Keyboard, if u want to draw or go portable, remove the keyboard, etc etc

the device is so powerful now...edit photo , video on the run

but if one purchase the iPad Pro just for just social media, entertainment :s22:

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I choose iPad over MacBook is due to
1) Photoediting softwares that are powerfully becoming available to iPad.
2) Feels more comfortable editing photos with a pencil than a mouse.
3) can do photo editing on iPad lying in bed and on a table but MacBook u can only a table.

For my I choose the bigger iPad over MacBook is all becos of photoediting at a more relaxed posture.
Like I go to Some coffee joints locally or overseas, I can just find a seat and start working on the pics I taken. With MacBook, u need to find a table.
And for those who suka post Instagram and fb, current iPad is really very portable,ergonomics and powerful and a 11” will do.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I choose iPad over MacBook is due to
1) Photoediting softwares that are powerfully becoming available to iPad.
2) Feels more comfortable editing photos with a pencil than a mouse.
3) can do photo editing on iPad lying in bed and on a table but MacBook u can only a table.

For my I choose the bigger iPad over MacBook is all becos of photoediting at a more relaxed posture.
Like I go to Some coffee joints locally or overseas, I can just find a seat and start working on the pics I taken. With MacBook, u need to find a table.
And for those who suka post Instagram and fb, current iPad is really very portable,ergonomics and powerful and a 11” will do.

I totally agree but what I am trying to say is if you were to snap on a keyboard, then. you need a table just like MacBook Pro. Personally I think iPad Pro is better off w/o keyboard (Just iPad Pro + pencil) for portability.

Did you buy the 11" or 12.9"?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No online stores exept Apple to purchase the Apple Pencil and Keyboard folio? Wanna save some money on accessories since it is 11.11

I think court do sell it in physical store with slight discount. One of the bros mentioned about it before.

rvyne7

Reaction score
I totally agree but what I am trying to say is if you were to snap on a keyboard, then. you need a table just like MacBook Pro. Personally I think iPad Pro is better off w/o keyboard (Just iPad Pro + pencil) for portability.

went without keyboard... bought the smart folio but I dont think its wise bringing along pencil just relying on magnet on the side... I tried at store not holding enough it may fall without noticing

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got the 12.9”.
U can still work on the folio with the whole thing rested on your lap.
There’s 2 angle the folio provide. I use the angle slot closer to the keyboard. For sure u can rest your iPad+folio when your leg is straightened on the bed and when the knees are bent. Until a particular angle then it will not be ergonomics to rest your folio on your lap.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think court do sell it in physical store with slight discount. One of the bros mentioned about it before.

Ya. 7% off ready stock apple products.
So a folio is 299 and u get 7% off. Today last day(sales said yesterday.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI. If you were to purchase the iPad Pro 12.9 in with M1 surf lite, the iPad Pro + the surf lite plan for 2 years is same price as the iPad Pro so worth considering.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
While charging my 11” with the included charger and cable, I’m feeling some heat from the screen, especially near the charging port.

The heat is not unbearable but I don’t remember it happened on my previous model. Anyway, it can be attributed by the included 18W charger; the previous one was a 12W. Can’t imagine the amount of heat if I charge it with a 30W as recommended by Apple.

Just getting some sensing if anyone feeling the heat while charging their Pros?

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
i saw qoo10 got one selling ipad pro 2018 64 and 256gb at retail price but can use $110 qoo10 11.11 coupon to offset

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone do me a favour. Want to get a sleeve for my nephew as a surprise. Can someone tell me the length n width of ipp 11? Thanks a lot.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have the new keyboard folio n pencil in store?
Yup. Courts has.
But it’s best to go tampines megastore.
Cos on launch date, courts orchard didnt have it. Only megastore got the stocks. Best if u are able to contact the store

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.