Ask me any questions - Part 2

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask me any questions

Hi all,

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding to Japan.
Japan Trip Adviser here.
Been to Japan 36 times already.
I'll try my best to answer. (^_^)

Here are the places i have been to.

21 prefectures:
Hokkaido, Aomori, Niigata, Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Gotemba,
Nagoya, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Tokushima, Takayama, Shirakawago, Okinawa, Nikko、Koyasan/Wakayama

Rules:
1) Pls quote your original message when replying so that everybody knows what's going on.

Now a full time teacher. =)

FAQs
1) What's the weather in Japan like during ~?
See here

If you need help with planning/buying tickets, can pm me, i can get the travel agency that i collaborate with to help out.

Old thread is here

Best regards,
Can

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks all think i join a day tour better... i am traveling from osaka back to tokyo.. then from toko join a day tour . easier... can travel to prenium outlet too... actually i search i can rent a car at Mishima station quite cheap abt $80 per day... then can drive to sky walk then kawaguchigo... but are all place easy to find parking and got parking fee?

IMHO, if never been to premium outlet..Easily 1/2 day there..Bus from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba is like around 1hr.

If travelling with a kid and luggage, ur rent car at Mishima Station would actually be a better option. I did Osaka>Tokyo last time and otw the way, i stay over Kawaguchiko for a night..Alight at Mishima and bus to Kawaguchiko Station(Around 1+hr for express).. That is gonna eat off ur time.I took 7+ train from Kyoto..

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks u all for the replies... i try to aviod holiday and visit disneyland on a friday 11th jan instead of 14th jan... for disneyland 14th is less crowded then 11th but i see disneyland sea on the 14th is scary.... so safer to visit on a friday then monday holiday.... book 1 day fuji tour going on a sunday ( to avoid city weekend crowd).. more flexible.. so far i calculated included following (SIA tics, accomodation for 11 nights, 7 days JR pass, 1 day fuji tour and disneyland 1 day pass) each pax abt 1.3k... still looking at other tour to book... like those skii or snow slide tour worth to go?

chainer22

Reaction score
thinking of exploring either Fukuoka or Tohoku region for my trip next March and probably self-drive.

Is it recommended or should i stick to public transport?

always wondered how its like to drive around in Japan and maybe get to see stuff that's not as accessible via public transport.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of exploring either Fukuoka or Tohoku region for my trip next March and probably self-drive.

Is it recommended or should i stick to public transport?

always wondered how its like to drive around in Japan and maybe get to see stuff that's not as accessible via public transport.
Driving in Japan is highly recommended if u want to see natural scenery that are unusual not so accessible by public transport.
Just dun drive in the city coz parking is expensive and hard to find. And u may end up walking even more compared to taking train

chainer22

Reaction score
Driving in Japan is highly recommended if u want to see natural scenery that are unusual not so accessible by public transport.
Just dun drive in the city coz parking is expensive and hard to find. And u may end up walking even more compared to taking train

thanks for advice!

if im heading to tohoku, how should i arrange for rental car pickup? i will likely be flying to narita.

navigation-wise, will google maps be sufficient?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for advice!

if im heading to tohoku, how should i arrange for rental car pickup? i will likely be flying to narita.

navigation-wise, will google maps be sufficient?
It depends on where u are planning to go in Tohoku.
U may want to take a train to the first city u are visiting, then rent car from there. Or u can rent from Narita Airport and drive up, visiting some places in ibaraki first before reaching Tohoku.

From my experience, in-car GPS is a lot more accurate than Google maps. So u can just use the in-car one. Google maps is fine too

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I be reaching haneda Airport in the morning and travel to Osaka by JR pass. From the chart the earliest I can exchange Jr pass is haneda Airport at 0645.. if I take keikyu line to shinagawa to collect the JR pass I also need to wait to 9am then can collect Jr pass? Right?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I be reaching haneda Airport in the morning and travel to Osaka by JR pass. From the chart the earliest I can exchange Jr pass is haneda Airport at 0645.. if I take keikyu line to shinagawa to collect the JR pass I also need to wait to 9am then can collect Jr pass? Right?
yes. change at Haneda loh. Then ur trip to Tokyo station will be free.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks u all for the replies... i try to aviod holiday and visit disneyland on a friday 11th jan instead of 14th jan... for disneyland 14th is less crowded then 11th but i see disneyland sea on the 14th is scary.... so safer to visit on a friday then monday holiday.... book 1 day fuji tour going on a sunday ( to avoid city weekend crowd).. more flexible.. so far i calculated included following (SIA tics, accomodation for 11 nights, 7 days JR pass, 1 day fuji tour and disneyland 1 day pass) each pax abt 1.3k... still looking at other tour to book... like those skii or snow slide tour worth to go?

Ski tour usually is non-English and if it's your first time, I suggest you join a class first. It might take 2-3 hrs to learn the basics.

cutthroat

Reaction score
Have a question about skiing. A part of me really wants to go skiing in Japan but i am hesitant because i don't know if they will have shoes in my size. Anyone know the biggest size the resorts will supply? I fit a US 13-14.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ski tour usually is non-English and if it's your first time, I suggest you join a class first. It might take 2-3 hrs to learn the basics.

not to skii.. to play this only
1611_nagano_01.jpg

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. change at Haneda loh. Then ur trip to Tokyo station will be free.

thanks... cause i thinking of paying tics to travel to Shinagawa.. to cut short time.. but since it open so late might as well make use of JR pass and travel to tokyo station to take shinkansen

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have a question about skiing. A part of me really wants to go skiing in Japan but i am hesitant because i don't know if they will have shoes in my size. Anyone know the biggest size the resorts will supply? I fit a US 13-14.

You can email Gala Yuzawa as the place is very tourist friendly. They should have 13-14 size as a good number of skiers are foreigners.

not to skii.. to play this only

Ok, this one no need training to level up lol

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS would you know if ANA Intercontinental Tokyo is it easy to get around in that area?

chainer22

Reaction score
It depends on where u are planning to go in Tohoku.
U may want to take a train to the first city u are visiting, then rent car from there. Or u can rent from Narita Airport and drive up, visiting some places in ibaraki first before reaching Tohoku.

From my experience, in-car GPS is a lot more accurate than Google maps. So u can just use the in-car one. Google maps is fine too

oh yes evilerniex bro, do you have any car rental company to recommend?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.