iPhone X Display Module Replacement Program for Touch Issues

PetPet

Reaction score
Apple said:
Apple has determined that some iPhone X displays may experience touch issues due to a component that might fail on the display module. An affected device may exhibit the following:

• The display, or part of the display, does not respond or responds intermittently to touch
  • The display reacts even though it was not touched

Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the display module on eligible devices, free of charge.

The program covers affected iPhone X devices for 3 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

Source — https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program/

zorrus

Reaction score
So we will need to go back to Apple store to let them diagnose?

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Apple Launches SSD Service Program for 13-Inch Non-Touch Bar MacBook Pro Sold Between June 2017 and June 2018

The program covers affected MacBook Pro models for three years after the first retail sale of the unit, but it doesn't extend the standard warranty coverage of the 13-inch MacBook Pro. Customers who already paid for a repair for a drive failure can contact Apple Support for a refund.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Incidentally, mine froze while I was doing some stuff in Whatsapp, like couldn't delete a post, couldn't move to previous page. Was puzzled so I just restarted the phone and it's OK. That's before I came across articles about this program while scrolling FB.

Since it's a coverage of 3-years after the first retail sale, I'll observe some more first.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
my ipX always freeze now and then, but seems still unable to schedule appointment with apple store.

you have to go down to apple store to schedule appointment.

that's what I did. I called and they told me they cant book appointment due to slot is full and suggest me to do a walk in to have my device fixed.

So I was like okay, I go down then. after that I go down they say, sorry, no appointment we cannot do anything.

so I told him say your staff told me say can now you say cannot? then he suggested me to book appointment and they booked on the spot for me.

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently i was browsing fb, i scrolled the page down and tried clicking onto something. The scrolling didnt stop in fact it kept scrolling down,

Is this consider the display issued ?

GGGGGG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently i was browsing fb, i scrolled the page down and tried clicking onto something. The scrolling didnt stop in fact it kept scrolling down,

I had the same issue as you, don't know is it Facebook app issue. Others app like Instagram etc no problem. :s11::s11:

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue as you, don't know is it Facebook app issue. Others app like Instagram etc no problem. :s11::s11:

Wah, good to know someone encountered same issues.

Yeah I have no idea if its fb app issue or the display issue. So far there’s nonscrolling effect issue on other places except fb ( for me )

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, good to know someone encountered same issues.

Yeah I have no idea if its fb app issue or the display issue. So far there’s nonscrolling effect issue on other places except fb ( for me )

If you cannot perform the same issue on other apps, mostly likely it is the issue with FB app. If you have display issue, it will be apparent systemwide.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which category should we choose when trying to fix an appointment to bring the phone in for this touch issue?

Screen repair is correct? :o

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Encountering this issue on my XS Max as well.

Most probably it’s FB issue.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, mine froze while I was doing some stuff in Whatsapp, like couldn't delete a post, couldn't move to previous page. Was puzzled so I just restarted the phone and it's OK. That's before I came across articles about this program while scrolling FB.

Since it's a coverage of 3-years after the first retail sale, I'll observe some more first.

Mine so far no freezing, I guess it only affects certain number or batch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.