Computer Problem

theproace

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need help with my PC. It has been working fine, until a few days ago where it shut down and restarted on its own. Then there was an instant of the blue screen but I didn’t manage to take note of the error. Now, once I try to power it on, the computer will start then turn off and then it will just keep repeating, turn on and off. The only way to stop is to turn off the main switch.

Please help. Thanks in advance

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
List down all parts of your rig like those on the right -->

theproace

Reaction score
I managed to turn it on. But when I plug a usb drive in or plug my hdmi monitor in it shuts down and the cycle repeats. But if I accidentally knock it it will restart.
When it turns on everything runs fine.

Sorry I’m a noob. But anyone can help me troubleshoot this? Or give and idea. Thanks.

talkonly

Reaction score
I supposed yours is a desktop PC instead of laptop?
Likely some software drivers issue. Can try perform windows update on your PC first, then restart and retry your HDMI or USB drive.

I managed to turn it on. But when I plug a usb drive in or plug my hdmi monitor in it shuts down and the cycle repeats. But if I accidentally knock it it will restart.
When it turns on everything runs fine.

Sorry I’m a noob. But anyone can help me troubleshoot this? Or give and idea. Thanks.

theproace

Reaction score
When did you buy your PC?

Apart from the grounding issue, sounds like your hard disk is corrupt also and cannot be recovered using the Windows 10 online means. You will need to take it out, plug it into another PC and do a CHKDSK in offline mode.

Or, if you have a Windows 10 recovery USB or DVD, insert it and start up a command prompt. Run the CHKDSK from there.

I bought this a 3 years back. For the grounding issue, do I have to just replace the power supply unit or the mother board as well?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest u bring to Nigel's shop and ask for his advice. Would be better as he has the experience to help troubleshoot.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try removing and inserting again your RAM sticks? Perhaps can try 1 stick at a time at a different slot. If you have different HDD, try connecting to your main HDD/SSD only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.