Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carclick location is far for me. I usually goes to Permas Jaya.

There are other choices too.... Cheers

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. As long as comfortable with the WS, and prices are reasonably close to market, why not stick.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know but he was clearly handling tyres :s13:

He told me that I had to wait an hour... And you know that place only has one Indian coffeeshop nearby (which is not very inviting)...

Bukit Indah, where I later went, was much better. Plenty of eateries around while I wait for my car to get serviced. RM20 for labour towards EO change. RM10 for a car wash. Spent RM30 today on my car and pumped some cheap petrol on the way back. Splendid.

tyre man ah :s13:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are all in blue/black shirts right? He seems to be the in-charge there.

I realised the guy who serviced my car the last time wasn't there anymore (not Ah Yuan). That guy was also pretty attitude but well he got my car fixed and I didn't have to wait much.

Is it the supervisor kinda guy in blue shirt?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any WS for svcing & car accessories there? Haven't explored that area ;)

There are a handful there. I went to the one which i have been using since first ride. Tml heading there again for EO change.

Observed there are few tune shops and car spray shops too. No accessories shops like Sheng Auto type.

Leave my car at shop and go Aeon jalan jalan which is 5mins walk away. Food shops are plenty there though.

funky05

Reaction score
They are all in blue/black shirts right? He seems to be the in-charge there.

I realised the guy who serviced my car the last time wasn't there anymore (not Ah Yuan). That guy was also pretty attitude but well he got my car fixed and I didn't have to wait much.

The supervisor will be in shirt.. the rest in polo t-shirts or t-shirts

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
i rem someone posting abt a local car wash guy who goes around different places for car wash quite recently...anybody still have that post? for some reason I cant find it

nyf_kenny

Reaction score
think toyota most workshop are quite experienced with it esp for old cars' wear & tear
i would suggest go to a workshop u r comfortable with and see what needs to be change n come back buy the parts n bring over again

COE-renewed car probably can expect engine mountings worn...all the belts depending on mileage n previous owner change or not..i would personally change all oil/fluid..check yr brakes to check it life...tyres depending on size - bigger sizes SG is cheaper

the rest like shocks, bearings & bushing maybe can wait for symptoms to appear...

some mechanics, i believe ah yuan is like this too, wont recommend u to change internals of engine if u r thinking of doing overhaul or something unless again u get the symptoms like engine eating oil or loss of compression or engine knocking...think modern days engine are quite well built now and and shld last with proper maintenance

im looking for a decent dashboard n door restoration also...lemme know if u have yr done

Toyota nothing to worry unless it's one of those super RARE models like ISIS or sienta. Even if it's a rare model the only downside is that most of the spare parts will be from Japan (more exp)

In Bolehland, most car owners don't visit the workshop unless their car got something spoilt else they only do normal servicing. So bolehland workshops won't ask you to change this/that unless you tell them there is a problem.

Dashboard = check with BTS spray paint
Workshop = Carclick or any Hawk Tayar

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Servicing due? Have it checked all round during servicing. Carclick's pricing is mostly reasonable, workmanship is good and fast. You can go there if you want to do up some wear and tear for COE renewal.

Alternatively, you can do a one-time servicing in SG; there are reasonably priced ones starting from $50. Go through those FOC 15/20/30/40 points check and also inform them you are going to renew COE and wants to know which wear & tear to replace (but don't tell them that you're going other workshop to do lah :s13:).

BUT rmb, you're not obliged to change those parts unless it's super critical (e.g. your belt is torn halfway, low on coolant but you don't need a flush perhaps a topup, etc). Some might sell or hard sell.

As for melted dashboard, try to find 2nd hand parts scrapyard.

For all the mechanical checks... ie: gear box, engine and related, go to Carclick.
Agreed, better you try one round servicing at sg, get them check and tell you what is due to change/ issues, then get all the parts needed and fix it at JB.

For accessories and car a/c, you can try Sheng Auto.

Thanks all of you for your valuable feedback! Solid!

zhihao57

Reaction score
After servicing at BMW, my car keeps vibrating, no confidence in them alr. Wanna try other shops. 5series, 5yo, 60k milage only.

Any reliable workshop for BMW servicing in JB?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After servicing at BMW, my car keeps vibrating, no confidence in them alr. Wanna try other shops. 5series, 5yo, 60k milage only.

Any reliable workshop for BMW servicing in JB?

Either you can try Carlick, which is popular in this thread, or else you can try:

L10 Pro
23, Jalan Permas 9/9, Bandar Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor.
Contact Ah Chen @ +6012-794 2588.

Vibrating can be many causes. Probably need longer time for trouble shooting.

Have you asked in BMW chat group if any?

Please take note: As is a row type workshops, expect workshop conditions like those in Sin Ming Industrial Estate.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.