blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody keen to get?

Using Charge 2 now and like to better than Ionic

Will be getting Charge 2 becoz it will be swim 🏊*♂️ proof

camelsback

Reaction score
Deal breaker for me is the proprietary charger. Hate to bring it along with me during travels and I travel a lot for work. Should have gone with the built-in USB charger.
Very nice design though.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree

FitBit purposely design all their watches to use different chargers

I have 3 FitBit watch - Charge 2, Blaze and Ionic

And yes, all 3 use different chargers - painful

I bought spare chargers for my workplace and so far, the arrangement works - one set of charger @home and another charger @work

Deal breaker for me is the proprietary charger. Hate to bring it along with me during travels and I travel a lot for work. Should have gone with the built-in USB charger.
Very nice design though.

Last edited:

sakurahimex3

Reaction score
I’m waiting to get it! Don’t see it released anywhere yet. Anyone knows when’s the exact release date? Am thinking of getting it on Lazada or something.

Alternatively I could get it through qoo10 which has the international set (and probably cheaper) but not sure how the international warranty will work.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7 days battery life ? What's a joke

Amazfit Bip can last for 40 days ....

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello. i'm back with my Charge 3 review!!! Been using it for 3 weeks already.

Previously I was using Charge 2 and it mysteriously died one fine day. I cannot seem to turn it on or charge after that.

Physical outlook

- Charging cable is still proprietary and is different from Charge 2 or Alta cable
- Still comes with the same flimsy clip on connector cable ; the other end is USB type A
- Only one size is available now, the box includes both small and large bands
- Straps are different from Charge 2 , so you cannot recycle or reuse Charge 2 straps. Improved strap connecting clip on portion , now it no longer breaks easily at an angle. (I had my original Charge 2 band broken that way)
- Device screen size is just slightly wider than Charge 2, with curved screen. P.S Tempered glass sp will definitely NOT work on it. (Charge 2 screen is totally flat)
- Left side button is haptic button, you would still need some squeeze pressure to activate it
- Got 3 options now for screen brightness (dim, normal or auto brightness)
- Vibrations comes in 2 options now, normal or strong

Software wise

- Very stupid clock faces options, out of 7 faces, only 2 includes date. (If u choose the date face then you cannot see either the steps counter or heart rate monitor on the same face) . Also you cannot customise and add third party faces
- Can swipe up to see device battery percentage but not on clock face at a glance
- The rest of the fitbit app remains the same as before i.e track steps, auto recognise exercise type and logs , sleep tracking, timer , silent alarm etc.
- For the females out there, Charge 3 includes period tracking. I would say it's fairly accurate; but need to monitor over several months to comment further. It works quite similar to Clue app.
- Syncs well with the healthy 365 app

Notifications

- Now you can turn on off notifications on the device without going into the fitbit app
- Can receive whatsapp & bbm notifications (you can still get whatsapp notifications when people quote you in group chat even though you've muted the group chat)
- Recent update can add quick replies messages on the device

Conclusion
Charge 3 is a nice upgrade from the Charge 2. Fitbit manage to refine some details and improved on the Charge 3. Charge 3 retails at SGD238, definitely a no brainer to get it over Charge 2 anytime.

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 weeks.. Is yours the local set? Normal edition? Does it comes with nfc?

According to lazada's fitbit, they claim that local normal editions wld come with nfc regardless whereas another seller of stocks with local warranty claims that only special edt wld have nfc

Posted from PCWX using Redmi Note 3

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score

According to lazada's fitbit, they claim that local normal editions wld come with nfc regardless whereas another seller of stocks with local warranty claims that only special edt wld have nfc

I bought mine from US best buy. Normal edition without nfc.

dowzkeh

Reaction score
I bought mine from Harvey Norman, seems only normal set. Comes with fitbit pay

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation guys. Now just thinking whether the hassle to import from US wld be worth it to save a few bucks

ahber79

Reaction score
For those who have yet to purchase, can consider getting from Carousell. Quite a number of sellers these few days selling the special edition version (Graphite Aluminum Fitbit with Frost White Sports Band). If you are looking for Rose Gold Aluminum Fitbit with Frost White Sports Band, you can wait till 06 Dec when they will start to redeem this version.

Free gift from UOB Christmas spend and redeem promotion. Official retail price is $268. Managed to get one just now at $180. Local set with warranty. Comes with Fitbit pay and extra black classic wrist bands (S and L).

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For those who have yet to purchase, can consider getting from Carousell. Quite a number of sellers these few days selling the special edition version (Graphite Aluminum Fitbit with Frost White Sports Band). If you are looking for Rose Gold Aluminum Fitbit with Frost White Sports Band, you can wait till 06 Dec when they will start to redeem this version.

Free gift from UOB Christmas spend and redeem promotion. Official retail price is $268. Managed to get one just now at $180. Local set with warranty. Comes with Fitbit pay and extra black classic wrist bands (S and L).

thinking whether to redeem this, keep it as an upgrade over my Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier :/

C_boliao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Once i wear this, can't wear my normal watch. Unlike the atla hr. It's small n sleek. So not too bad

Shalost

Reaction score

Wow , so u got two straps. Worth it..

schlep

Reaction score
My Fitbit pay on the Charge 3 doesnt work. It used to work for about 2 months. Anyone faced the same issue and managed to solve it?
I tried making making payments in different merchants but the terminal didnt scan my watch but it was able to accept my physical card.

substancia

Reaction score
I can’t find many place that accept Fitbit pay. So far I only see challenger

My Fitbit pay on the Charge 3 doesnt work. It used to work for about 2 months. Anyone faced the same issue and managed to solve it?
I tried making making payments in different merchants but the terminal didnt scan my watch but it was able to accept my physical card.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.