Need help with Asus laptop

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Hi I have Asus laptop but it has been very very slow ever since I bought 2 tears ago and I have even sent for repair twice during warranty period.
Apparently the problem comes back shortly after I got the laptop back and install google drive and dropbox.
The disk usage in task manager is almost consistently at 99% usage at idle.
I suspect Asus has a lot of inbuilt programs that are not compatible or causes conflicts with the system.
Can I do an install of a fresh clean operating system on an Asus Laptop? I tried factory reset before and the problem persists. Gave up on using Asus one.
Thanks.

stooopidboy

Reaction score
no point doing factory reset, will still have all those asus nonsense. i recommend doing clean windows reinstall.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I have Asus laptop but it has been very very slow ever since I bought 2 tears ago and I have even sent for repair twice during warranty period.
Apparently the problem comes back shortly after I got the laptop back and install google drive and dropbox.
I suspect Asus has a lot of inbuilt programs that are not compatible or causes conflicts with the system.
Can I do an install of a fresh clean operating system on an Asus Laptop? I tried factory reset before and the problem persists. Gave up on using Asus one.
Thanks.

At least do indicate the model of this Asus laptop.

As there do have others complain on issues with Asus laptops on certain components unable to resolve even at their service centers.

Refer to Notebook Clinic where the complains are available.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
At least do indicate the model of this Asus laptop.

As there do have others complain on issues with Asus laptops on certain components unable to resolve even at their service centers.

Refer to Notebook Clinic where the complains are available.

My model is UX310U. The lag is unbearable and totally not expected of a i5 processor with nvidia gpu.
Anyone can point me to any guide on reinstall fresh windows on asus laptop? I have experience in formatting and reinstall my oem desktop but not sure about branded laptop. Thanks.

narkizy

Reaction score
Thanks.

Sounds like your HDD could be malfunctioning. Since the laptop is old I'll assume its running off of a crappy old dinosaur hard-drive. Buy a cheap 240gb SSD, clone your stuff over or just reinstall win10 on the new ssd and throw away your old hardrive.

Now watch your laptop grow wings again. You're welcome.

Last edited:

kracie17

Reaction score
My model is UX310U. The lag is unbearable and totally not expected of a i5 processor with nvidia gpu.
Anyone can point me to any guide on reinstall fresh windows on asus laptop? I have experience in formatting and reinstall my oem desktop but not sure about branded laptop. Thanks.

its actually the same as reformatting on desktop. just make sure you downloaded all the drivers first before formatting and ensure that you had your data backup first! do consider getting a SSD. it will improve your life so much.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Is there any difference in ssd used by desktop and laptop. Tried to find on lazada but didn't see any specifically labelled for laptop.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference in ssd used by desktop and laptop. Tried to find on lazada but didn't see any specifically labelled for laptop.

SSD can be used for both desktop and laptop. Only thing you need to take note is the interface and form factor.

Is there a more specific model for your UX310U? Online shows a variety such as UX310UA, UX310UQ, etc. Based on -UQ, it states m.2 ssd and sata hdd. Meaning you need to get m.2 sata based ssd if u plan to use it with HDD as D drive.

Last edited:

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
SSD can be used for both desktop and laptop. Only thing you need to take note is the interface and form factor.

Is there a more specific model for your UX310U? Online shows a variety such as UX310UA, UX310UQ, etc. Based on -UQ, it states m.2 ssd and sata hdd. Meaning you need to get m.2 sata based ssd if u plan to use it with HDD as D drive.

Thanks for the helping information. I need to check again on the specific model. I do remember is Sata connection though as J open behind before to check.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Asus UX310U model.

There is another member with similar model Asus UX303 who is having issue with the SSD including installations.

Maybe you could take to read on the threads and ways to resolve some issues although with similar model.

Copy of Windows 10 OS

Note that the said member do have other issues relating to the laptop where you could check it if such issues do pop-up.

Edit:
There is a video on UX310 series on replacement of the SSD/HDD storage and other components available in the link/thread mentioned above.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can windows search for dxdiag. It show show the laptop specific model. Frkm here, you can google aearch on your model's teardown or review for ssd info and buy accordingly.

kracie17

Reaction score
if im not wrong, you can see the back panel. it should indicate the specific model of the laptop if not, you can enter bios to see.. when powering on, immediately spam f2 or del key..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.