SBF - November 2018

cashec

Reaction score
Just wanna ask. How does the near parents scheme work?

Flat allocation

First-timer families: Up to 30% of BTO/ SBF units
Second-timer families: Up to 15% of BTO units, up to 3% of SBF units
Eligibility conditions: MCPS (near parents/ married child)
At least 1 of your parents/ married child is a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident

You must be applying for a flat in a building project where the nearest block is within 4 km from:

your parents' or married child's HDB block and your parents or married child are the owners/registered occupiers of their flat or the registered tenants/occupiers of their HDB rental flat; or
the private residential property owned and occupied by your parents or married child; or
the private residential property occupied by your parents or married child and owned by your parents/married child’s immediate family member (i.e. defined as the child or adopted child, parent(s) or parent(s)-in-law, or siblings)

guards80

Reaction score
Flat allocation

At least 1 of your parents/ married child is a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident

You must be applying for a flat in a building project where the nearest block is within 4 km from:

your parents' or married child's HDB block and your parents or married child are the owners/registered occupiers of their flat or the registered tenants/occupiers of their HDB rental flat; or
the private residential property owned and occupied by your parents or married child; or
the private residential property occupied by your parents or married child and owned by your parents/married child’s immediate family member (i.e. defined as the child or adopted child, parent(s) or parent(s)-in-law, or siblings)

yes will have more chance to get. 1st time apply on may 2016 bto using MCPS 1 time got it :p

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Flat allocation

Correct me if i'm wrong.
I thought near parents scheme only works for resale right?

cashec

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong.
I thought near parents scheme only works for resale right?

It works for BTO as well as 30% is allocated to MCPS.

For resale, it is additional grants.

enhancement-to-proximity-housing-grant.jpg;wae8aa9d9f13f4938d

jt2901

Reaction score
Just a query, I'm over 35 and thinking of applying a unit under sbf, single owner scheme.

Does it mean I can only pick the two room flexi units?

TIA

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
question- I applied under MCPS, but after applying the summary page shows Public Scheme under Scheme. Is this by default?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.