Desktop occassionally cannot bootup

Benihime

Reaction score
Hi all, my desktop seems to be having issue booting up recently. There are days where it can boot up normally and there are days where it cannot boot up.

When it's not booting up, there is no signal to monitor, system fan not working and there is no light on mouse. All other components are running - GPU, keyboard, CPU fan

Hopefully someone can advise what could be possible issue. Thanks.

Intel i5-4570 3.2GHZ 6MB 4C/4T HD4600 LGA1150 CPU (84W)
MSI z87-G43 LGA1150 Mainboard
ASUS DUAL GTX1050 2GB
Corsair Vengeance 1600 8GB (4GB x 2)
Samsung 840 series 250GB 2.5 SSD
Hitachi 1TB 3.5MB Sata3
LG GH24NS95 24x Sata INT DVD Writer
Coolermaster Elite 430 Black
Coolermaster R4-L2R-20CK-GP 90CFM 12cm System fan
Cooler Master 750W 80+ Bronze
Win7 64bit

Benihime

Reaction score
I just changed my PSU recently, could it be mobo instead? Is there anyway to diagnose further?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You still have the old PSU? Is it working fine when you changed?

shichuanhua

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i also had this issue after updating the chipset driver from intel, changed back the chipset driver from MB website seems fine now

Benihime

Reaction score
You still have the old PSU? Is it working fine when you changed?

My old PSU died after 5yrs. Dont have a spare one to try.

i also had this issue after updating the chipset driver from intel, changed back the chipset driver from MB website seems fine now

My desktop can't boot for now. If it's able to boot later on, I'll go give it try. So frustrating..

Benihime

Reaction score
I have updated my chipset driver from the mobo website and changed the mobo battery but issue persist.

I have gave up and will be building a new PC with Black Friday coming up. Just managed to pick up EVGA Supernova G3 650W for $107 from Amazon Prime SG. Will be looking for other good deals

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since u bought psu, try using it first to rule out psu issue. if works then save money

acewind

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack. I am also facing similar problem. Sometimes when I on the pc, the mobo, cpu lights up, but no display. Then slowly the cpu and motherboard will auto shutdown then restart again. Same problem no display. Then I will just turn off and come back maybe half day later, it works Liao. What could be the likely problem?

At times when I am watching video on full screen mode, halfway thru, it will auto restart . Old computer , nearing 10 years :(

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem years ago and found it to be a faulty RAM stick. Initially I thought it was PSU also.

Benihime

Reaction score
Just an update. I have changed the PSU and it seems like the it is now resolved. Given that the issue is intermittent, I'll have to monitor for the next few days and see how it goes.

Thanks for everyone's advice and those who have PM me!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.