Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you don't buy 1 player and think he will make others click...
our squad is far from "1 more addition and we're ready to challenge"

apeape

Reaction score
Man Utd has always been a business first club, ever since Glazers took over and yes SAF was still around during that period. We were just lucky to have SAF and his charisma to back up the footballing side. Does the board want to change the way they manage the club? will someone who like chili all of a sudden dont like chili?

Yes I get it about the contract, the not backing up... but people reach boiling point. your boss still like you after mistakes and mistakes? and you havent rectify those mistakes still want to expect some form of leverage? what you do in those circumstances? you give and take, boss dont want give pay rise, nvm work harder and rectify problems on your own to prove your worth. Same, Board dont want give money to spend, work with what you have, one tactic does not solve/fit all. But does JM want to change?

Im not discounting the fact the yes man utd still needs to spend to fix some problems, but be realistic. Would you want to give your kid money to buy a toy which he'll play for 4 days then chuck it somewhere else and moan for new toys?

As mentioned, proof is in the standings. it will never be Woody's head on the table, ever.

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
City and Chelsea continues to buy a lot of players in each position of the squad every year

look at what Fergie left us with, and den discount those already left and retired, den ask this question, have we adequately replace them? i haven't even start on strengthening further to match our rivals...becos City n Chelsea continued to buy regardless of whether they won any titles.
Will he say the same thing about City, Chelsea if their bosses are not former players/football people?

Are we like the only club in the UCL that has no football people in the board?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so that's wrong but wanting Mourinho to change his style of football is right:s11:
Does the board want to change the way they manage the club? will someone who like chili all of a sudden dont like chili?

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
To the anti-JM gang, I am happy if JM is sacked immediately, or at the end of the season, and we get whoever you deem fit to lead us. I am happy to see him succeed, but I know he will suffer like Moyes, LvG and JM. And I know when that happens, we will be here debating are we pro-new manager or anti-new manager all over again.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but on the other hand, I know we will not be competing much as long as Glazers are in charge. We are the rerun of Tampa Bay failure. They have gone 15 years without title, we will be singing 20 times 20 times for a very very very long time.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes I get it about the contract, the not backing up... but people reach boiling point. your boss still like you after mistakes and mistakes? and you havent rectify those mistakes still want to expect some form of leverage? what you do in those circumstances? you give and take, boss dont want give pay rise, nvm work harder and rectify problems on your own to prove your worth. Same, Board dont want give money to spend, work with what you have, one tactic does not solve/fit all. But does JM want to change?

Sack JM then, I am not against it. All I am preaching is support our manager, not just from us but from Ed too! If Ed doesn't want to support JM, then sack him!

But no, some here say (not you but someone else), JM cannot buy new players, JM must attack more, and he doesn't want to sack JM too. Simisai logic? Prata king.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. wad im saying is we need more than just 1. that's how bad our squad is right now. hence we are performing like bottom table teams grinding results to stay above 10th.

"United in all parts of the pitch are behind the other teams that are going for the title so to think about comparing them is unfair because they are no where near."
yes agreed, but it seems some people here is advocating that.

apeape

Reaction score
so that's wrong but wanting Mourinho to change his style of football is right:s11:

Glazers and Woodward has been with United for more than a decade, 6 years of those SAF was still around. All glory glory.

5 years later and Utd facing darker days people want to blame the board who knows nothing about football? if like that, were they wrong in employing JM in the first place because they know nothing?:s11:

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Glazers and Woodward has been with United for more than a decade, 6 years of those SAF was still around. All glory glory.

5 years later and Utd facing darker days people want to blame the board who knows nothing about football? if like that, were they wrong in employing JM in the first place because they know nothing?:s11:

Yes of course. What is our identity? Attacking football. Is Moyes an attacking football manager? Is LvG one? Is JM one? You can answer yourself.

Moreover, all the three has a very different style of playing. If you look at City and their managers, they all play a similar style. Sven, Mancini, Pep, Pellegrini, they all are similar.

Ours? Moyes style is what? LvG is pass pass pass. JM is park bus. Our players jumping from one style to another completely different style.

We were successful when Glazers first bought us is only down to SAF and not anyone else. We had a better CEO at that time too. However, there is no second SAF in this world.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SAF was pulling the strings from top to bottom in the club for footballing matters.

next up, when SAF and Gill left, comes Glazers who finally are holding the power to footballing matters.....
tell me, from the appointment of Moyes, van Gaal, and Mourinho...what is the direction you see the owners have regarding the football side

apeape

Reaction score
To the anti-JM gang, I am happy if JM is sacked immediately, or at the end of the season, and we get whoever you deem fit to lead us. I am happy to see him succeed, but I know he will suffer like Moyes, LvG and JM. And I know when that happens, we will be here debating are we pro-new manager or anti-new manager all over again.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but on the other hand, I know we will not be competing much as long as Glazers are in charge. We are the rerun of Tampa Bay failure. They have gone 15 years without title, we will be singing 20 times 20 times for a very very very long time.

Im happy to be proved wrong as well because if all of a sudden everything clicks, we will be back to glory glory, with titles.

But one thing for sure I'm going to miss about JM is his bantering. the ear thing against Juve, classic! **** off Paul Scholes, you would've done the same if you were taunted for a full 90 mins hahaha

apeape

Reaction score
SAF was pulling the strings from top to bottom in the club for footballing matters.

next up, when SAF and Gill left, comes Glazers who finally are holding the power to footballing matters.....
tell me, from the appointment of Moyes, van Gaal, and Mourinho...what is the direction you see the owners have regarding the football side

I think I mentioned earlier, nothing. Which brings me to my question was employing JM the wrong decision in the first place since they know nothing? Moyes was purely on advice from SAF btw.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you don't buy 1 player and think he will make others click...
our squad is far from "1 more addition and we're ready to challenge"
If we can land SergioA or HarryK you might be surprised.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I mentioned earlier, nothing. Which brings me to my question was employing JM the wrong decision in the first place since they know nothing? Moyes was purely on advice from SAF btw.

So you see the problem started then. They listened to SAF and hired Moyes, and blindly. They then gave him 6 years contract. They then sack him after 1 year. They then hired LvG because Netherland did well in World Cup, not because they like LvG style. They then sack him as soon as they know JM is available because JM brand at that time sounded sexy. Again, nothing about football is put into consideration. They only reason they haven't sack JM now is there is no one as sexy like Pep available.

JM couldn't get more from this group is his fault. But hiring the wrong managers 3 times in a row cannot be JM's fault right?

apeape

Reaction score
of course lah not JM fault, but the football on show you cannot say its not JM fault la c'mon.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I read a statistic somewhere JM is doing worst than David Moyes after 12 leagues games. :o

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
of course lah not JM fault, but the football on show you cannot say its not JM fault la c'mon.

Of course it is his fault, I have never said he has no fault.

So, Ed either support him more by giving him what JM needs or sack him. Ed did neither.

And by some other member's logic here, JM at fault, JM must change and play attacking football, JM cannot buy new players, JM cannot be sacked. Then tell me how can JM please this guy?

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mai argue lah

Ashley Young considering signing one year extension

Good news or bad news you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.