2018 iPad Pro

Azores

Reaction score
For those haven’t bought their iPad pros yet, the AppleCare+ covers the Apple Pencil as well, but the pencil must be bought together with the iPad Pro. I was told must be same invoice. I bought them separately due no stock and even though highlighted, they say no choice, it’s by third party insurer terms.

doodbug

Reaction score
For those haven’t bought their iPad pros yet, the AppleCare+ covers the Apple Pencil as well, but the pencil must be bought together with the iPad Pro. I was told must be same invoice. I bought them separately due no stock and even though highlighted, they say no choice, it’s by third party insurer terms.

This is correct. (In the end I bought the Apple Pencil Gen 2 and IPP and Applecare+ online from the Apple Store together). Smart Keyboard Folio is not covered under AppleCare so can buy later. Is there stock anywhere for the 12.9 inch keyboard? Online states end of the month - but it said the same thing for the IPP 12.9 inch two days ago, then suddenly, it was in stock for same day collection.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Wah, such big difference? Like that my telco set damn lugi.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Do you guys purchase applecare for ipad pro?
For me, I will purchase for my mac & not for iphone.

Cos, mac prone to have a problem (graphics, hdd, in-built speaker, monitor) while my iphone not problem at all.
Never had an ipad before, so not sure what kind of problem ipad users always encounter.

krionX

Reaction score
App Store and search for watsapp. Will show messenger for watsapp. Install and launch will have a qr code.
Need to go to watsapp on phone and go to settings page and look for web watsapp. Then use phone to take scan on iPad watsapp messenger qr code. Then settled.

This is a waste, to be honest. Apps like this are just web browser containers.

Just go to web.whatsapp.com (request desktop site) and you get the same functionality.

Why is 4:3 or 3:2 better when the android folks are moving to 16:9

16:9 is only good for watching videos. For productivity, 4:3 (iPads) or 3:2 (Surface) is better.

Last edited:

slogd3ad

Reaction score

Just go to web.whatsapp.com (request desktop site) and you get the same functionality.

16:9 is only good for watching videos. For productivity, 4:3 (iPads) or 3:2 (Surface) is better.

Agree on the productivity screen ratio.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it's worth the get Apple Care + for iPad Pro

u r covered 2 years warranty .

Out-of-warranty fee
11" S$ 748
12.9" S$ 968

AppleCare+ service fee
$68 for both model

unless u r those that confirm every year upgrade device ...then no point getting the apple care

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/ipad/repair/service

Do you guys purchase applecare for ipad pro?
For me, I will purchase for my mac & not for iphone.

Cos, mac prone to have a problem (graphics, hdd, in-built speaker, monitor) while my iphone not problem at all.
Never had an ipad before, so not sure what kind of problem ipad users always encounter.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it's worth the get Apple Care + for iPad Pro

u r covered 2 years warranty .

Out-of-warranty fee
11" S$ 748
12.9" S$ 968

AppleCare+ service fee
$68 for both model

unless u r those that confirm every year upgrade device ...then no point getting the apple care

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/ipad/repair/service

Even yearly upgrade is worth it. Can always call in to cancel and Apple will refund the AppleCare+ remaining value.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even yearly upgrade is worth it. Can always call in to cancel and Apple will refund the AppleCare+ remaining value.

yeah. apple product.. once out of warranty.. damn expensive to service.

happen to me twice. so now i scared already
many years back macbook pro ... motherboard died 1 week later after the 1 yr warranty period. was quoted $700+++ to replace. in the end, i got a iMac.

current macbook pro ...same thing! send in to 3rd party to replace component $350.

damn suay :s13:

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip! Will try tonight.
The app got the bloody ads at the top. Damn irritating.

Plan_C

Reaction score

Confirmed. I ordered a pencil last Sat morning and iPad with Applecare+ later in the day for collection (2 invoices). Was told to return my ipad and pencil, ask for refund, and then order again under the same invoice. But then means got to wait another 2 weeks because there’s no stock of ipad.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried charging my iphone from ipad with a usb-c to lightning cable. It works! But u need to connect the usb-c first followed by lightning cable to activate the charge. Also can import my iphone photos!

eERuacm_d.jpg

I8n7Ugp_d.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.