Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There we go with 123kiddy again, JM sucks but cannot sack JM.

At least I dare to say if Ed not happy then sack JM.

eh hello. im questioning the performances/tactics especially after such a poor season
whats wrong with that

even under SAF whenever we lose a match, supporters discuss what went wrong and also critic him n the players

this is what forum is for right?

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba Mlbi Matic LKK Lindelof Bailly Alexis Fred Dalot Zlatan

Fantastic? Apart from Zlatan all the rest have been bashed to dead by most leh.

I’m all for sacking JM if Ed says so and I’ll support the new manager. Why Ed doesn’t do it? No ball?

maybe woody still think he can turn it around leh?

he sack moist half thru the season but he also waited till end of season then sack LVG so we never know what's he thinking? maybe he waiting for a certain manager to be available?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
We do not have a gd RB.
We do not have a gd CD.

But the board think otherwise cause as long as have a RB and CD, we are good to go.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
maybe woody still think he can turn it around leh?

he sack moist half thru the season but he also waited till end of season then sack LVG so we never know what's he thinking? maybe he waiting for a certain manager to be available?

So come Jan JM can buy players or not? Or just accept fate he will be sacked and again don't buy anyone in Jan?

End of the day, it means this season top four is gone. If we get it, then it's a surprising win. If don't get it, then it's as expected.

Get used to mid-table.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lewandowski so old already... waliew....

Why buy a striker when we really need defenders?

You all really want Young and Valencia to extend until 2050??
I dare say we have some decent depth in defence. But when the striker doesn't/can't score, there's no way we can win matches.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba bashed to death correct, but when he injured against Man siti, "eh where pogba? sure lose sia". Lingard cannot be Messi, don't play better (cus that's the standard mah). Bailly yes did 2 mistakes in one of the games, but Smalling has been making mistakes since SAF era, what say you? ... ** lah. besides all this, you think they're not fantastic meh?

Same with Martial, sulking in pre-season say you all, get out of man utd say you all. but now, oohhh ahhhhh martial!

thats why i say i pity the players, esp De Gea, the most. They're doing the running work listening to orders, but once wrong, forever wrong.

not really a big fan of lingard but to say he's lousy is unfair to him
obviously JM and southgate sees something in him that alot fans dont
and people are forgetting he won United the community shield, league cup and fa cup for us by scoring in all those finals

i would say he's a good and useful squad player but he needs to improve on his final 3rd decision. very cui.

he did way better than Di Maria did during his time here
sure Di Maria is big name player but what did he do during his time here?
he did absolutely nothing.
no one is doubting he's way more skillful than lingard but in the end what did he do to help further this club? we need committed players not those just in for pay checks

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So come Jan JM can buy players or not? Or just accept fate he will be sacked and again don't buy anyone in Jan?

End of the day, it means this season top four is gone. If we get it, then it's a surprising win. If don't get it, then it's as expected.

Get used to mid-table.

hard to say
its usually very difficult to buy players during the jan transfer period

but with the calibre of players under him now. we should be pushing for top 4. not midtable

in case you are not sure, quite a few of our players are league title winning players from various clubs
he have experienced players who won titles before and a bunch of talent young players to work with so there's no reason why he cannot get into top 4

Last edited:

apeape

Reaction score
friend, I was sarcastic about the Lingard comment.

Also you nvr know, I remember we won the EPL when Utd was 8th in Dec....... but that felt like agessssssssssss agoooooooo.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha i know
but there are many doubters
although he wont get into any top sides, he's still a useful squad player

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
in case you are not sure, quite a few of our players are league title winning players from various clubs
he have experienced players who won titles before and a bunch of talent young players to work with so there's no reason why he cannot get into top 4

Because you are only inward-looking; you focus only on what we have. But you are not taking into consideration what other clubs have done to their team. Putting the players of all teams on the table, based on paper value, you cannot say our squad is better than Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham.

So if everyone is to perform to full potential, we can at best get into 5th/6th. And when we don't do best, it will be 7th-10th. Which is where we belong. Isn't it?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lewandowski so old already... waliew....

Why buy a striker when we really need defenders?

You all really want Young and Valencia to extend until 2050??

30 consider old? he is better than any of our strikers and one of the best target men.

we need a striker who can score as well as a defender to replace smalling.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
30 consider old? he is better than any of our strikers and one of the best target men.

Ibra become grandfather ? Larsson become dinosaur?

Lol.

We can squeeze at least 2 to 4 seasons out from lewan

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score

Mai la, want to sign 29yo already created havoc in the forum, you now bring in 30yo one, cannot imagine the havoc it will cause.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because you are only inward-looking; you focus only on what we have. But you are not taking into consideration what other clubs have done to their team. Putting the players of all teams on the table, based on paper value, you cannot say our squad is better than Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham.

So if everyone is to perform to full potential, we can at best get into 5th/6th. And when we don't do best, it will be 7th-10th. Which is where we belong. Isn't it?

i focus on what we got cos because transfer period is over.
obviously i hope we get more players in but we didnt
what can we do? keep whining no new players or try to work with what we have

no club can radically change the entire squad over night right

look at chelsea. they got a new manager and they didnt buy many also.
but the main spine of the team are still the old players
and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

same as arsenal, struggling for years with more or less the same squad.
everyone is laughing at them for years
new manager comes in with new ideas, and buy a couple of players only

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it's really how to set up the team before every game and get our players to play to their real abilities
players like alexis, pogba, fred, matic, mata and others are champions in their own right vs those in pool,arsenal and spurs who won nothing at all. how do you even determine they are better than ours.
your impression of them as average players are way off the mark
a Real madrid or Bayern team struggling in 5th/6th in the league this season does not mean they have lousy average players suddenly.

i think the realistic expectation is incremental purchases.
bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.

how about our recent purchases? got any of them improve the team?
all came with big money and big reputations
and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dare say we have some decent depth in defence. But when the striker doesn't/can't score, there's no way we can win matches.

Yes but we still have Alexis.

What depth do we have in defence? Who’s gonna play in RB if Young is injured?

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
JM doesn't decide how much to pay for LKK, Balot or Fred and doesn't decide how much is Alexis' salary. To put the blame of him signing expensive players is just ridiculous.

Can he make the current team play better? I have said many times he can and he should. I have never said JM has no fault. I am just being realistic but somehow you decide to term me as JM diehard supporter.

I don't know how many times I repeated this - JM is at fault, but he won't be attacking suddenly like Pep or Klopp no matter how we cry. He is going to park bus. I am sorry he will not change for anyone, including you. If you want a change of style, changing him is the only option.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i focus on what we got cos because transfer period is over.
obviously i hope we get more players in but we didnt
what can we do? keep whining no new players or try to work with what we have

no club can radically change the entire squad over night right

look at chelsea. they got a new manager and they didnt buy many also.
but the main spine of the team are still the old players
and how is it that JM almost relegated the team and conte comes in and win the title with the same group of players?

same as arsenal, struggling for years with more or less the same squad.
everyone is laughing at them for years
new manager comes in with new ideas, and buy a couple of players only

spurs i dont think they even spent a single cent this transfer period? can you explain why we can beat them last season and even finish above them and then this season we got thrashed 0-3 by them this season by the exact same spurs players when they didnt spent money?
they got better players than ours? i really dont think so. they are just consistent in beating those below them all the while to be in the top 4 but they usually lose to the bigger teams

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it's really how to set up the team before every game and get our players to play to their real abilities
players like alexis, pogba, fred, matic, mata and others are champions in their own right vs those in pool,arsenal and spurs who won nothing at all. how do you even determine they are better than ours.
your impression of them as average players are way off the mark
a Real madrid or Bayern team struggling in 5th/6th in the league this season does not mean they have lousy average players suddenly.

i think the realistic expectation is incremental purchases.
bring in new players to improve the squad like what liverpool did. they have been bringing in players in key positions over the past transfer periods and actually sticking with them.

how about our recent purchases? got any of them improve the team?
all came with big money and big reputations
and why would you just bought a player for 50m pounds and then not use him when your other key midfielder is out injured
i dont want to put hate on matic but even JM's most trusted player is not doing a proper job for him this season
Super wot

Sent from Carrie's heart using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.