Sony Android TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, need to get a new TV and thinking of a Sony android TV as recommended by my bro. I read about bugs. Is Sony's android TV still in its infancy stage and buggy/slow so I should stay clear, or safe to get the 2018 models. Thinking of X75F mid range series.

Shalehen21

Reaction score
Better get the 2017 x900e model

Hi guys, need to get a new TV and thinking of a Sony android TV as recommended by my bro. I read about bugs. Is Sony's android TV still in its infancy stage and buggy/slow so I should stay clear, or safe to get the 2018 models. Thinking of X75F mid range series.

xiangzeng

Reaction score
pay some more money to get x85f range, of course the x9000f is still a good choice. Use a ethernet cable Cat 7 for connection to internet and less waiting for downloads. Read up sony.com.sg for its models and also youtube videos on sony tv. get information and then think if sony fits your needs.

Kaizer28

Reaction score
Should be in the region of around 3.5k. Three words sums it all for this model. Extreme X1 processor.

Same as the popular x9000e or x900e. Brilliant model if u can get it af a lower price. If not just get the x90f.

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
See sony days 2018 any gd promo.. Coming tmr or 16 Nov.. See if got give free ps4 for those high end tv

Shalehen21

Reaction score
Just gotten myself the sony x930e 65”. Its running on the same x1 extreme processor. Go look rting reviews comparing this model to the 2018 x90f.

Should be in the region of around 3.5k. Three words sums it all for this model. Extreme X1 processor.

Gaddy23

Reaction score
930E is a good TV and very bright. Mind sharing how much and where? Its a wonder how good it is despite being edgelit.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read about you guys advising to get higher range for the processor. Does processor matter mainly for the apps and internet speed? As I dont intend to be heavy user of these. Just normal digital tv viewing.

Kaizer28

Reaction score
Excerpts from an article I came across :-

Sony has fitted the series with its X1 Extreme video processor, rather than the standard X1 processor used in last year’s X900E models. A key component of this (40%) more powerful Extreme processor is that it carries a unique twin-database system for adding detail to and removing noise from sub-4K sources.

This worked wonders on all the HD Blu-rays and even DVDs we played on the X900F, making them look far more detailed - genuinely 4K-like in Blu-ray’s case - without exaggerating any source noise they might contain. For the second year in a row, there’s just no other mainstream TV technology out there today that can upscale HD to 4K as well as Sony’s X1 Extreme processor.

I read about you guys advising to get higher range for the processor. Does processor matter mainly for the apps and internet speed? As I dont intend to be heavy user of these. Just normal digital tv viewing.

Kaizer28

Reaction score
Mind to share price and where you bought it? Getting the same model soon.

Just gotten myself the sony x930e 65”. Its running on the same x1 extreme processor. Go look rting reviews comparing this model to the 2018 x90f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.