NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I don’t think there will be a quota. My friend told me that the interviewer said most people will receive interview, and interview is just a chit chat to make sure you want to join this program. Then they will do the selection according to our test result.
I've been given the offer letter today, all I need to do is to accept the offer!

Anon7108

Reaction score
Me neither. But I think our interviews were later compared to others--we attended interviews in Nov.

This is the a way to comfort myself but I am still a bit upset.

As long as you don't get any rejection mail then don't lose hope. The first wave who received offers have 1 week to communicate their acceptance or it will be auto forfeited to other applicants. (wonder what will happen to those who don't check their emails often)

Have you considered General Assembly? It was the other place I was looking at, although curriculum might be slightly different. Also caters towards non-IT conversions. Feels more creative and street savvy kind of environment and I was strongly leaning towards full stack course. But downside for me is it has no job attachment compared to gdipsa. I was all geared up and looking forward to go there should iss application not go through. Might still enrol there in future for other courses, who knows.

Anon7108

Reaction score
Where are you going for your bootcamp?
Which laptop are you guys buying , if you're?

Gdipsa is THE bootcamp. Interviewer mentioned it's hardcore and will be intensive. Better to start doing some preparations before semester starts.

I will just use my old acer laptop. If its not powerful enough to run IDEs or whatnot then i'll upgrade. Don't wish to spend unnecessary money lah...

cb9j9@K4

Reaction score
As long as you don't get any rejection mail then don't lose hope. The first wave who received offers have 1 week to communicate their acceptance or it will be auto forfeited to other applicants. (wonder what will happen to those who don't check their emails often)

Have you considered General Assembly? It was the other place I was looking at, although curriculum might be slightly different. Also caters towards non-IT conversions. Feels more creative and street savvy kind of environment and I was strongly leaning towards full stack course. But downside for me is it has no job attachment compared to gdipsa. I was all geared up and looking forward to go there should iss application not go through. Might still enrol there in future for other courses, who knows.

Thank you bro. This is the first time I heard General Assembly. Did some research and seems attractive.

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gdipsa is THE bootcamp. Interviewer mentioned it's hardcore and will be intensive. Better to start doing some preparations before semester starts.

I will just use my old acer laptop. If its not powerful enough to run IDEs or whatnot then i'll upgrade. Don't wish to spend unnecessary money lah...

what sort of preparations :s22:

world-class

Reaction score
I should be getting a new ultrabook laptop from Dell. Just curious, are you guys mid-career switchers too? If so, were you all doing anything IT-related prior?

frotle009

Reaction score
Hi all, i am applying for full time masters program for 2019 intake. Is it more difficult to get into part time or full time? I have already submitted my application two weeks ago, the status is "verified documents". Since the closing date is Mar 29th 2019, guess i have to wait a few month for the outcome.

Anon7108

Reaction score
Thank you bro. This is the first time I heard General Assembly. Did some research and seems attractive.

Yup, GA is quite well known in industry and they got grads hired by startups and big companies such as Google, IBM. Courses are not cheap though but they have tie up with IMDA Singapore for big subsidy. Content wise they are more towards web development and data science. Heard its very intensive as well and they really train you to hit ground running.

If die die looking for masters from local U, NTU also has a Msc in Info Sys. Syllabus is different but more or less same objective to train ppl for industry. However, it seems to be quite low profile and they don't do much marketing of the program to my knowledge. Didn't consider cos campus is really too far away.

Anon7108

Reaction score
what sort of preparations :s22:

Read up lor. Within half a year want to train ppl in so many languages and framework, best to start early.

I should be getting a new ultrabook laptop from Dell. Just curious, are you guys mid-career switchers too? If so, were you all doing anything IT-related prior?

Previous work not IT related but not entirely newbie. Have some IT knowlege acquired out of personal interest and hobby.

withoutomission

Reaction score
Nus Iss Gdip

Now currently doing the gdip program, it's quite easy to get in I reckon, so long as you're keen to learn. I regretted not doing any readings/practice beforehand. The course is tiring and exhausting, covers a lot of things but not in depth. Suggest starting on c# and asp.net if you want a leg up. Java too. There's multiple frameworks they will teach and if you think you have time to study, have your life on weekends, forget it. For someone like me that went in on pure interest and want a career switch with no experience with IT whatsoever, you will suffer greatly. The good thing about nus iss is that they have connections and you can get internships at big companies. It will be a majority of overseas students, so be prepared to work with people of various ages, different nationalities, chances are you will be the minority. It really is a full time commitment, so if you're on the fence about the whole thing in the first place, don't do it.

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now currently doing the gdip program, it's quite easy to get in I reckon, so long as you're keen to learn. I regretted not doing any readings/practice beforehand. The course is tiring and exhausting, covers a lot of things but not in depth. Suggest starting on c# and asp.net if you want a leg up. Java too. There's multiple frameworks they will teach and if you think you have time to study, have your life on weekends, forget it. For someone like me that went in on pure interest and want a career switch with no experience with IT whatsoever, you will suffer greatly. The good thing about nus iss is that they have connections and you can get internships at big companies. It will be a majority of overseas students, so be prepared to work with people of various ages, different nationalities, chances are you will be the minority. It really is a full time commitment, so if you're on the fence about the whole thing in the first place, don't do it.

thank you senpai
what else do we have to read/practice ?

teweyty

Reaction score

Hi, I just got the offer for the program and glad to come across this forum. Thanks a lot for your info!

Btw, do most of the lecturers teach in Windows or Mac OS? If it's Windows, will you suggest to use a Windows laptop to be in sync with the lecturer?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.