Ask me any questions - Part 2

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google map cannot filter Jr only... I need to use the official Japan apps

Why limit your travel to JR only?
I had the JR pass but I still used whichever train company that is most convenient as recommended by google maps.

If you really don't wanna use other train companies, you look through the option which google maps show you and choose the JR trains yourself.

Laundryman

Reaction score
Agree with Princessreiko, don’t ever limit to JR because you want ROI on the Pass. Time is $, catch the quickest connection

Why limit your travel to JR only?
I had the JR pass but I still used whichever train company that is most convenient as recommended by google maps.

If you really don't wanna use other train companies, you look through the option which google maps show you and choose the JR trains yourself.

Laundryman

Reaction score
Mid to late Jan is definitely great time to travel out to play with snow. If you are in Tokyo, nearest ski playground is Gala Yuzawa. Direct bullet train from Tokyo

During Jan time is it worthwhile to travel to mountain area to play with snow slides etc?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like what the above post mention, dont limit to just JR becos of JRP. When i travelled in 2015 with JRP, i still use a mixture of JR/Metro to get to my destination becos it was the recommended route by google maps.

chainer22

Reaction score
will there still be snow in Tohoku region in March? wondering if need special tires for driving.
if yes, will there be additional charges?
and should i be renting the ETC card?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will there still be snow in Tohoku region in March? wondering if need special tires for driving.
if yes, will there be additional charges?
and should i be renting the ETC card?

never say never ... kena snow storm March this year Kawaguchiko area heavy snow for 20 hours :(

Many caught off-guard. One tourist at our hotel could not drive back to Tokyo.

I also dont have snow tires so was not allowed to drive on Expressway. We were not in a rush & took longer normal roads, some parts were more challenging to drive.

Snow tires will cost more (unlike in Hokkaido where it is fitted during winter months).

Plan your route, have contingency & check latest weather situation with hotels, michi-no-eki

The ETC card discount on tolls apply on Weekends & PH only. If you have long Expressway journeys on these dates, then it will have cost savings ... regardless, it is cheap to rent (around JPY540 per rental) ... unless u use ToCoo which charges by day

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to confirm there is no bus from haneda airport to shinagawa in the evening?
i saw on limousine site limited bus hour from airport
thanks

chainer22

Reaction score
never say never ... kena snow storm March this year Kawaguchiko area heavy snow for 20 hours :(

Many caught off-guard. One tourist at our hotel could not drive back to Tokyo.

I also dont have snow tires so was not allowed to drive on Expressway. We were not in a rush & took longer normal roads, some parts were more challenging to drive.

Snow tires will cost more (unlike in Hokkaido where it is fitted during winter months).

Plan your route, have contingency & check latest weather situation with hotels, michi-no-eki

The ETC card discount on tolls apply on Weekends & PH only. If you have long Expressway journeys on these dates, then it will have cost savings ... regardless, it is cheap to rent (around JPY540 per rental) ... unless u use ToCoo which charges by day

:eek: thanks for sharing, i will keep that in mind.

its a must to have snow tires on expressway but not on normal road? how is it more challenging? as someone who have never driven on snow before, sounds daunting

what can i do to prep for such a situation? possible to head somewhere to change tire?

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
do u think 2 days 1 night in winter is enough for mt hakodate, motamochi and red brick warehouse ?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Expedia booking for hotels reliable? Especially when I chose to pay immediately instead of "pay later"? Bcos of the credit card promotion, I can only pay instantly. So far never use Expedia before though...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
And anyone went Tokyo sanrio puroland before? Any reviews?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expedia booking for hotels reliable? Especially when I chose to pay immediately instead of "pay later"? Bcos of the credit card promotion, I can only pay instantly. So far never use Expedia before though...

I've used a few times before. So far so good. Saw someone mentioned that expedia, hotels, trip, etc are just part of the same company.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The place is excellent for kids from 2plus up to teenagers if they are interested in hello kitty and friends stuff... brought my 2 gals aged 2 and 4 then back in 2014... they enjoyed it very much... i find the attractions and rides there are more suitable for younger kids from 2-8yrs old than Disneyland...

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Went many yrs ago, was upset because the toilets have no hellokitty decor. But overall a fun place.

Might go again because of the hellokitty train station.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.