I threaten to fire my helper

Victoria2017

Reaction score
In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
But she is wide awake at that time. I can forgive her if she is half awake

i think telling her what you expect is more important than just yelling at her.
yelling wont solve anything - just to vent your anger and frustration which actually does little good.

Educate her on the harmful effects of reading in the dark and what you would like her to do e.g turn on the lights to read. If the problem persists, you have the right to be angry and take further actions.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the early morning, I entered my daughter’s bedroom only to find the 6-year-old reading a story book in the darkness of the room, while my helper was playing her mobile phone, totally unaware of ignorant of what my daughter was doing.

It was not the first time that I caught my helper neglecting her duty of caring for my kid. I was only a bit annoyed in the past. But this time I got really angry and yelled at them both: why don’t you turn on the light? Don’t you know reading in darkness is harmful to your eyesight!

Then I turned to my helper, threatening her: Next time if you don’t stop my kid from reading when it is dark, I will fire you.

The helper has been with us for four years. Am I too harsh on her? I know I was in a fury and lost my temper at that time.

Well, nobody will care for your daughter better than you as a mother.

Did you turn to your helper threatening to fire her in front of your daughter? Next time your daughter will learn to threaten the helper the same way you did...

Posted from PCWX using A mobile device.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
"neglecting her duty of caring for my daughter."

IMHO the maid is to help with house chores so the parent can.....parent.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score

do you fire yourself as a mom if you were busy using your phone and accidentally your kid took a book and take a glance at it in her room while in the dark?

of course its too harsh. Treat people with respect. you dont own them as a human being.

speak nicely like how you want people to speak to u at. that is basic human courtesy.

PeachVanilla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your daughter 6 years old already dunno how to turn on the lights herself??

I think the problem is your daughter :s22:

sAVaGEmP5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah liddat every move or action of your daughter when is not up to your standard, and so happen your helper checking phone, must kana from you.

This kind of job how to do, wrong i sure tio, if correct is normal.

Pls dont judge me, judge my action, step yourself away from this situation and see thru a different lens.

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
Your daughter 6 years old already dunno how to turn on the lights herself??

I think the problem is your daughter :s22:

Yes, you should be training your daughter to be responsible, rather than blame the helper. Six years old should be able to take some responsibilities.

My hubby, a gown man, also likes to browse his phone in the darkness while taking a cab at night. I always have to nag at him to stop.

sadsad123

Banned
Reaction score
That's the problem with society these days - parents outsourcing their roles to a maid. And then blaming everyone but themselves when their own kids mess up.

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
Hire helper to look after child is like this because your child is not theirs. Helper may be also tired after a day at work too..

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think scolding helps... if she don't take you seriously... scold louder and bang something, then she will be afraid of you. :)

Always instill fear~, works in the army, works at home too~

SibehHL

Reaction score
I think scolding helps... if she don't take you seriously... scold louder and bang something, then she will be afraid of you. :)

Always instill fear~, works in the army, works at home too~

You forgot about using the cane... works as part of our law, works at home too...

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1st time that had happened or many times?
Rather than be specific, you may want to consider telling your helper everytime your daughter is awake in the room, the lights should be on.
You likely do not want an incident related to lighting.

Cashflow202

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Careful your dinner tonight

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.