iPhone XS Esim question

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remove esim or remove iPhone from selling there? Lol

I don’t think they’ll not sell iPhones in any market given a choice.

It’s still business lost, no matter how small the market is.

Unless the targeted market is in extremely undesirable conditions.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Mobile share and number share is different.

Mobile share is 2 or 3 different numbers tagged to your main line while number share is 1 number share 2 sim cards, just like multi sim.

Number share seems only available for apple watch so far? gear s3 not using mobile share? :s11:

yotoden

Reaction score
Still no news from our telcos... while waiting let's chat chat your intended use case for Esim/dual sim.

I wanted to use eSim for SG telco, another physical SIM for my MY postpaid telco. Don't need both active at the same time to avoid roaming charges. But might occasionally turn on both SIM just to check SMS.

I don't go to MY too often, maybe average 1.5 month once go makan jalan jalan, but changing SIM card very mafan, sometime also forgotten to bring the SIM......

Travelling is also a very good example.

So what is yours?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they’ll not sell iPhones in any market given a choice.

It’s still business lost, no matter how small the market is.

Unless the targeted market is in extremely undesirable conditions.

Well Apple holds more power than the telcos so you’ll expect telcos to introduce eSIM soon unless you are talking about China.

The telcos stand to lose out more than Apple if no iPhone is available in the market during launch or even delayed launch.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well Apple holds more power than the telcos so you’ll expect telcos to introduce eSIM soon unless you are talking about China.

The telcos stand to lose out more than Apple if no iPhone is available in the market during launch or even delayed launch.

Yeap. I completely agree with you that telcos stand to lose out more than Apple.

However, IMO, Apple will never willingly forgo any market. Even if they’re only working with a specific telco in that specific country, it’s considered as being available in that specific market. That specific telco will stand to gain then.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Still no news from our telcos... while waiting let's chat chat your intended use case for Esim/dual sim.

I wanted to use eSim for SG telco, another physical SIM for my MY postpaid telco. Don't need both active at the same time to avoid roaming charges. But might occasionally turn on both SIM just to check SMS.

I don't go to MY too often, maybe average 1.5 month once go makan jalan jalan, but changing SIM card very mafan, sometime also forgotten to bring the SIM......

Travelling is also a very good example.

So what is yours?

I am would use it the same way too but I don’t think the iPhone implementation of dual sim allows users to “switch off” eg sim 2 while the card is kept in the sim tray in the phone. Tried my friend’s HK set and can’t find a way to do that. I know most android has this feature so it’s a surprise to me that iPhone can’t do it. Maybe future updates ?

tec_geek

Reaction score
I am would use it the same way too but I don’t think the iPhone implementation of dual sim allows users to “switch off” eg sim 2 while the card is kept in the sim tray in the phone. Tried my friend’s HK set and can’t find a way to do that. I know most android has this feature so it’s a surprise to me that iPhone can’t do it. Maybe future updates ?

I think that is true too. I’m currently trying the GigSky eSIM feature and indeed, I can’t turn off the cellular functions (voice, sms or data) for the physical SIM.

Only able to turn off the eSIM profile.

EDIT: And yes, planning to do the same too as like yotoden. eSIM for SG telco and physical SIM for MY prepaid card. Hope it either supports eSIM too!

Last edited:

yotoden

Reaction score

I read iOS 12.1.1 Developer Beta 3 already able to on/off any one SIM.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
I read iOS 12.1.1 Developer Beta 3 already able to on/off any one SIM.

That’s good news. I guess now the big thing would be to enable dual WhatsApp on a dual sim iPhone. I doubt iOS will do it but maybe some apps might ..

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap. I completely agree with you that telcos stand to lose out more than Apple.

However, IMO, Apple will never willingly forgo any market. Even if they’re only working with a specific telco in that specific country, it’s considered as being available in that specific market. That specific telco will stand to gain then.

Yes you are right and I can bet ST will be the first to introduce eSIM like it's a big thing lol

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently you can only turn esim on/off. Very unlikely when they enable on/off on physical sim and remove the previous feature

alan_shearer

Reaction score
It is possible to have two WhatsApp account on one iphone. I am doing it now, without jailbreak. Just that for one of the account you have to “reload” it every 7 days to refresh the certificate and for this account it cannot be backed up to iCloud (at least I have not found a way to do it).

My method does not involve installing tweakbox or appvalley

I think everyone’s hoping iOS could have two WhatsApp accounts in the phone, just like some Androids could.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.