Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those with ukobox does the web tv lags? mine keep loading all the time e.g. every 5 min or so. sometimes data error. this is despite the box is like 1m from my router.

The PCB design of this box is flawed having the processor so close to the USB port with no real heat dissipation provided. Thin aluminum sheet is no replacement for real heat-sink!

Might want to try using a usb extension cable for the wifi adapter instead of plugging directly to the usb port.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have to personally go buy right? ask them come house install is random 1 right?

Either free redeem or direct purchase need to be done at the retailer, only NMS can be done online and deliver to your mailbox. Installation is straight-forward lah, refer to ads on TV, YT or the user manual can already. :s22:

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Either free redeem or direct purchase need to be done at the retailer, only NMS can be done online and deliver to your mailbox. Installation is straight-forward lah, refer to ads on TV, YT or the user manual can already. :s22:

so if i get them to install for me, i cannot choose draco right?

cause my tv quite heavy. need to unmount from the wall mount. if can get the better setup box n get them to do for me is best.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if i get them to install for me, i cannot choose draco right?

cause my tv quite heavy. need to unmount from the wall mount. if can get the better setup box n get them to do for me is best.

Even if you opt for NMS and free installation, I'm not sure if the installer will go to that extends, their job is installation of the box and antenna. Best to call the helpline for technical enquiries.

As for Draco, best to check with the retailer as they do provide additional installation service for a fee.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you opt for NMS and free installation, I'm not sure if the installer will go to that extends, their job is installation of the box and antenna. Best to call the helpline for technical enquiries.

As for Draco, best to check with the retailer as they do provide additional installation service for a fee.

cannot be i ask them come down to install for me, they asl ME to find for them the port to plug it in right?

if no free installation then i just install myself liao. its just troublesome to unmount the tv.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot be i ask them come down to install for me, they asl ME to find for them the port to plug it in right?

if no free installation then i just install myself liao. its just troublesome to unmount the tv.

Perhaps I was not clear. For NMS package, you can opt for free delivery and installation.
https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#redeem

Whether they would go to the extend to help you unmount your TV that you have to ask them.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps I was not clear. For NMS package, you can opt for free delivery and installation.
https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#redeem

Whether they would go to the extend to help you unmount your TV that you have to ask them.

they say can opt for free installation. doesnt really make sense if they offer u free installation and ask u to find for them the ports on your tv.

my concern is i dunno where the ports are, and behind the tv hard to see. thats y need unmount.

think liddat i just go for draco ba. the draco only 1 model right?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they say can opt for free installation. doesnt really make sense if they offer u free installation and ask u to find for them the ports on your tv.

my concern is i dunno where the ports are, and behind the tv hard to see. thats y need unmount.

think liddat i just go for draco ba. the draco only 1 model right?

It does make sense because free installation refer to the box and antenna not user's equipment (TV). That's why I keep stating best to call them and state your case, ie. TV is mounted and you don't have the know-how to connect.

Yup, for Draco there is only one model HDT2-7700.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my mum's bedroom mid-level surrounded by apartment block.
Which type antenna is good? rod or flat panel or t-wire?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it has one hdmi connector on the side, don't have to unmount the tv.

Looks ugly leh and what if need to use the HDMI connector for something else in the future?

Think of expansion, think of redundancy, think of future, don't think like SMRT.

Hitorigoto

Reaction score
I have the NMS box but I find that the volume is very soft as compared to when I watch directly from the TV. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.