Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bro, you were there yesterday?? What time?
Yeh, ah hong and ah yuan are good guys although sometimes I feel ah yuan dao me a bit. :o their pricing is decent for quality work. Although now with only two of them running their own show, if bigger job might be prudent to call and make an appointment in advance, walk in might have to wait a while depending on their job load.
same for me bro, ah yuan don't talk much to me until collect money time.
most of the the time is ah hong entertain me only, answer all my questions on my ride.

anyone of you using lock nut for your wheel which require special nut to remove your wheels?

i am using lock nut, every time go jb ws they will ask my for that special nut removal thing, i heard is not good to use those air gun on such lock nut to remove trye?

should be using torch wench or something?

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls post before and after shots if possible, always nice to see. :)

Me also bro :( heart pain to corner nicely also knowing it's adding excess wear to my tyres :s13: then again at one point I was using 19s and 20s so having a car on 17s has been quite nice on my pocket. :D
yah 17" can corner very smoothly, dame shoik when u see the car corner nicely.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeh, ah hong and ah yuan are good guys although sometimes I feel ah yuan dao me a bit. :o their pricing is decent for quality work. Although now with only two of them running their own show, if bigger job might be prudent to call and make an appointment in advance, walk in might have to wait a while depending on their job load.

Ah yuan is friendly but his face is like that, when he does smile, make sure quickly come back sg and buy TOTO.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

HellHunter

Reaction score
Ah yuan is friendly but his face is like that, when he does smile, make sure quickly come back sg and buy TOTO.

I know this problem...I think my face also like that :o :s13: but don't buy TOTO even when I smile, sure unlucky :(

nyf_kenny

Reaction score

I was there at carclick around 2 plus and left around 4 plus.

Decided to change my tyre here in sg as the brand I'm interested, JB don't have. Kumho PS31 (S$68/pc, 195/60R15) and also change battery (Amaron) here in sg (S$85, 55B24L)

Anyone can recommend car wash with decent car vacuum, those that I went anyhow vacuum.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These Kumhos are slightly noisy right?

Decided to change my tyre here in sg as the brand I'm interested, JB don't have. Kumho PS31 (S$68/pc, 195/60R15) and also change battery (Amaron) here in sg (S$85, 55B24L)

Anyone can recommend car wash with decent car vacuum, those that I went anyhow vacuum.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Define your expectation of a "decent car vacuum":)

HellHunter

Reaction score

Oh..I reached just before 4. You were sitting in the office right? :o remember the black sg car that came in? :p

Price on Amaron battery looks good man. Did you get quotes from ah yuan and da sen etc also? How did they compare?

I think Legends at B.Point does an OK job but their quality depends on which guys are working that day and how many cars they need to clear. Busy time not as good. Can consider those detailer shops like D'lux or Posh. A bit more ex like rm14 or 15 if I'm not wrong but can tell them to focus more on the interior vac part.

Last edited:

topek88

Reaction score
Anyone went to NYK auto service before?

1, jalan ros merah 2/5,
Taman johor jaya, 81100

Was quoted RM1470 for 15" volk TE37 (replica) with bridgestone RE003

Pricing is good, compared to AL tyres quoted $800sgd

HellHunter

Reaction score
A couple of EO on sale at giant Malaysia, including Shell.
Later I upload pics

Thanks :D I saw Giant online catalogue have the Bosch fully syn 5W40 4L for rm129 // semi syn for rm99.
Edit: oh another catalogue got Shell helix ultra for rm89.50(only available in Giant hypermarkets).
Anyone went to NYK auto service before?

1, jalan ros merah 2/5,
Taman johor jaya, 81100

Was quoted RM1470 for 15" volk TE37 (replica) with bridgestone RE003

Pricing is good, compared to AL tyres quoted $800sgd

I've not gone to NYK before.

You can check this shop also for a comparison-
HBE Auto (AKA Save n Safe)
https://www.facebook.com/HBEAUTOSDNBHD/
No. 6, Jalan Suria 14, Taman Putera, 81100 Johor Bahru
+60 16-787 1037
+60 7-334 0152
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/NfGm2pTVwSk

Last edited:

funky05

Reaction score
Causeway bridge halfway got banner saying no more tng top up at msia customs.. didn't see anyone at tambah nilai counter as well.. usually got someone walking around with the top up machine but didn't see anyone earlier

nyf_kenny

Reaction score
These Kumhos are slightly noisy right?

Not really noisy I find it acceptable.

Define your expectation of a "decent car vacuum":)

At least they should vacuum the slip between car seat and the centre console where the gearbox is and the arm rest is. Those gap are slightly harder to reach.

Oh..I reached just before 4. You were sitting in the office right? :o remember the black sg car that came in? :p

Price on Amaron battery looks good man. Did you get quotes from ah yuan and da sen etc also? How did they compare?

I think Legends at B.Point does an OK job but their quality depends on which guys are working that day and how many cars they need to clear. Busy time not as good. Can consider those detailer shops like D'lux or Posh. A bit more ex like rm14 or 15 if I'm not wrong but can tell them to focus more on the interior vac part.

Oh... the black car, ya you will sitting outside ha ha. You order some part right?

Never check with them but I did check with HBE AUTO SDN BHD aka Save N Safe, RM$265/pc and tire Michelin XM2 for 195/60R15 going for RM$241/pc

For Kumho PS31
Chen Jin Trading
10 Kaki Bukit Road 2
First East Centre
#01-33
Singapore 417868
Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/UPtfeZYfpY92
Whatsapp 9045 5087 (Check if there available stock before heading down)

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks :D I saw Giant online catalogue have the Bosch fully syn 5W40 4L for rm129 // semi syn for rm99.
Edit: oh another catalogue got Shell helix ultra for rm89.50(only available in Giant hypermarkets).

I've not gone to NYK before.

You can check this shop also for a comparison-
HBE Auto (AKA Save n Safe)
https://www.facebook.com/HBEAUTOSDNBHD/
No. 6, Jalan Suria 14, Taman Putera, 81100 Johor Bahru
+60 16-787 1037
+60 7-334 0152
Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/NfGm2pTVwSk

Giant Sg always have shell helix offer at $29.90
RM89 is not that attractive.

My last set of Michelin from save n safe(2016).
Maybe I m unlucky, 3 out of 4 tyre valves leaking. End up have to change to steel valves at ah yuan.

funky05

Reaction score
Giant Sg always have shell helix offer at $29.90
RM89 is not that attractive.

My last set of Michelin from save n safe(2016).
Maybe I m unlucky, 3 out of 4 tyre valves leaking. End up have to change to steel valves at ah yuan.

How much is the steel tyre valve ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.