(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

culepico

Reaction score
Many ppl think this Tengah location is not so good, 鸟不生蛋的地方. In actual fact it is quite good. When my parents-in-law to be drove us there to recce, at first sight they exclaimed that this plot location is good le. If you really do your homework on this plot of land (Google maps, site examination, distance to current amenities esp. Bukit Batok and Jurong East, future plans for the estate etc.) then the pricing makes sense. There is a reason why HDB price it as such and why there are still so many ppl applying for it. Don't just think that it's Tengah and it's new, therefore it does not deserve such a high pricing or attract so many applicants. Many ppl have that kind of bias mentality against Tengah.

Last edited:

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Around 70% for singles, 30% for elderly. Based on this year's trend, 2-rm for singles is 2x - 4x
I feel this Tengah 1st batch is not ideal for elderly. They have to suffer through all the construction dust and noise due to future developments over 10 years at least.

Construction dust and noise may not be so bad, depends on how HDB develops the town.

For construction of Garden District, the construction vehicles can use PIE and Jurong Road. They need not go through Bukit Batok Road.

For construction of Brickland District, the CCK residents along Brickland Road are going to suffer more than the residents in Tengah Plantation District.

Forest Hill District and Town Central are accessible through KJE.

The construction of Park District definitely affects the residents in Plantation District. Hopefully HDB does not leave it to the last!

CG1996

Reaction score
Construction dust and noise may not be so bad, depends on how HDB develops the town.

For construction of Garden District, the construction vehicles can use PIE and Jurong Road. They need not go through Bukit Batok Road.

For construction of Brickland District, the CCK residents along Brickland Road are going to suffer more than the residents in Tengah Plantation District.

Forest Hill District and Town Central are accessible through KJE.

The construction of Park District definitely affects the residents in Plantation District. Hopefully HDB does not leave it to the last!

Thinking in the same note as you, the current batch of plot (Northmost of plantation) might be hit by the development of Park District unless they can develop Garden and Park at the same time.

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking in the same note as you, the current batch of plot (Northmost of plantation) might be hit by the development of Park District unless they can develop Garden and Park at the same time.

Ya, the first batch of flats in Tengah will be ready in 5 years. Hopefully by then, the flats in Park District are halfway done!

CG1996

Reaction score
Ya, the first batch of flats in Tengah will be ready in 5 years. Hopefully by then, the flats in Park District are halfway done!

Actually the land of north of plantation has been cleared (i might be wrong though), but not south of plantation. i.e between the lorry park and current plot.

scheng1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually the land of north of plantation has been cleared (i might be wrong though), but not south of plantation. i.e between the lorry park and current plot.

I'm not too concerned about that, given that:
1. HDB has already announced that Plantation is the first district to be developed;
2. the new MRT track will run along Bukit Batok Road to the south of current plot. There is a station nearer to the heavy vehicle park, JE2 Tengah Park (serving Dulwich college as well), and the track will cut across the field opposite heavy vehicle park for another station JE3 Bukit Batok West for residents near Block 172.

Five years later, the MRT track probably is being constructed, and the flats in the rest of the Plantation District halfway done.

Prislalala

Reaction score
woah... 1600 applications for 5 room. 1900++ for 4 room.. what are the odds of getting a q number man.. sad..:(

@Bill@710

Reaction score
woah... 1600 applications for 5 room. 1900++ for 4 room.. what are the odds of getting a q number man.. sad..:(

For first timer.. Still not too bad.. 2nd timer.. Haha.. 🤞🤞🤞
Finally 19th nov.. Depressing to see number of application so high.. Guess hdb r celebrating a good sale start for tengah.

Last edited:

sleewx

Reaction score
tengah bto pricing does not come with basic tiling, sanitary, etc.. does that mean the price is even higher?!
esales.hdb.gov.sg/bp25/launch/18nov/bto/18NOVBTO_page_9106/$file/about0.html

sorry, new here. cant post links yet.

BlurSotongKia

Reaction score
For the indicative price of 397k to 480k for 5 room for example, does the range apply to stuff like which floor the flat is on, 3 Gen, balcony? Say I pick a flat on the top floor and balcony, means for the flat alone, I will be paying about 480000?

TonyStark

Master Member
Reaction score
For the indicative price of 397k to 480k for 5 room for example, does the range apply to stuff like which floor the flat is on, 3 Gen, balcony? Say I pick a flat on the top floor and balcony, means for the flat alone, I will be paying about 480000?

yes, of cos floor plays a part. higher floor = cost more, etc

BlurSotongKia

Reaction score
yes, of cos floor plays a part. higher floor = cost more, etc

Thank you :D. Anyone opting in for the Centralised Cooling? Seems like a nice idea but they didn’t mention cost or redundancies if 1 or 2 cooling towers are down... I’m gonna assume it’s the same sort of system you find in shopping malls and offices?

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you :D. Anyone opting in for the Centralised Cooling? Seems like a nice idea but they didn’t mention cost or redundancies if 1 or 2 cooling towers are down... I’m gonna assume it’s the same sort of system you find in shopping malls and offices?

Seems that the ccs is already factored into estimated flat price..

When we go down for selection appt, hdb officer may possibly be telling us the estimated additional cost to pay per mth for using the ccs on top of paying for conservancy fee.

Sent from Nokia 8250 using GAGT

AndRiy80

Reaction score
Seems that the ccs is already factored into estimated flat price..

When we go down for selection appt, hdb officer may possibly be telling us the estimated additional cost to pay per mth for using the ccs on top of paying for conservancy fee.

Sent from Nokia 8250 using GAGT
U can choose whether to opt in or not

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.