PARC ESTA - THREAD

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
Its considered high price but near mrt price wont drop so much i think.

jonchar

Reaction score
I thought the location, design, everything together was ok. However, I have my doubts with 1,400 units at this development. So many people meaning there may be crowds using the pool etc.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
This project looks not bad. Not familiar with the location so shall not comment about the price. Interesting to see a noticeable group of Malays looking at this project.

c1e273-CROWD-AT-PARC-ESTA-BALLOTING.JPG

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
This project looks not bad. Not familiar with the location so shall not comment about the price. Interesting to see a noticeable group of Malays looking at this project.

c1e273-CROWD-AT-PARC-ESTA-BALLOTING.JPG

Any agent worth their salt will tell potential buyers whatever their races that $3500/monthly pay can own 1 hdb n 1 condo. Anyway this is geylang serai area so sure got the top rich malays wanna stay.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Parc Esta is considered overpriced then?

Not too familiar with the area so I won't comment. But sims drive is at a more central location.

Developer of parc esta was very optimistic of the market by offering much higher than what the owners asked for back in 2017.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Parc Esta is considered overpriced then?

Sims urban oasis -14xx to 15xxpsf (surrounded by industrial, PIE, HDB, slightly far off from mrt)
Parc Esta - 16xx to 17xx psf (nearer to many eateries, mrt just across the road)
Park place - 1800 to 2000 psf (next to mrt circle line, tons of Malls, 3 grade A office).

The 3 are of different league in D14, price difference quite logical to me.

Last edited:

zinedine

Reaction score
Sims urban oasis -14xx to 15xxpsf (surrounded by industrial, PIE, HDB, slightly far off from mrt)
Parc Esta - 16xx to 17xx psf (nearer to many eateries, mrt just across the road)
Park place - 1800 to 2000 psf (next to mrt circle line, tons of Malls, 3 grade A office).

The 3 are of different league, price difference quite logical to me.

I agree on this. Wifey is keen on Parc Esta, but I have my reservation.

Can I ask what is your take on Normanton Park? 1600 unit. Besides AYE. I like that place quite a bit. But not near to MRT nor markets...

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Can I ask what is your take on Normanton Park? 1600 unit. Besides AYE. I like that place quite a bit. But not near to MRT nor markets...

The land not cheap, 969 psf ppr. (Should b 16xx to 17xxpsf onwards) - just my Guess.
May yield 1800 units, another mega project leh.
The only motivation for this project is the future Greater Southern Waterfront that will offer Normanton Park more choices of work and recreational facilities and it’s near to one north business district, science park, nus.

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The land not cheap, 969 psf ppr. (Should b 16xx to 17xxpsf onwards) - just my Guess.
May yield 1800 units, another mega project leh.
The only motivation for this project is the future Greater Southern Waterfront that will offer Normanton Park more choices of work and recreational facilities and it’s near to one north business district, science park, nus.

The silat Avenue site better. Close to Cbd and the upcoming southern waterfront and walking distance to future cantonment mrt station

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Parc Esta is just 1 mrt stop to PLQ. I will rather bet on PLQ or Parc Esta rather than SIms urban oasis.
But I don’t like mega project, More than 1300 units. Hehe
So I will go for a PLQ, But that’s just me.
Cos I heard once a wise man who says this before - good location is never outdated.

Sigh, miss the boat during Duo Residence launch.

Last edited:

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pricing is relative with distance to the nearest MRT station.

Example a 500m to MRT, 100 to 200psf off, a 1km from MRT another 300 to 400psf off.

Not exactly the price range I quoted, but surely a jump in psf vs distance.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Pricing is relative with distance to the nearest MRT station.

Example a 500m to MRT, 100 to 200psf off, a 1km from MRT another 300 to 400psf off.

Not exactly the price range I quoted, but surely a jump in psf vs distance.

wow, by your reasoning, the plot beside serangoon mrt station will go for over $2,000psf since affinity ($1,500psf) is 2km away from serangoon central.

Or is affinity overpriced?

but yes, distance to mrt matters.

Last edited:

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, by your reasoning, the plot beside serangoon mrt station will go for over $2,000psf since affinity ($1,500psf) is 2km away from serangoon central.

The plot beside Serangoon mrt has been empty for a very very Long time already. I grew up in the area and lived just opposite the plot from no mrt to mrt and later on Nex

Last edited:

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Landed enclave, when Terrasse was launch, it ave price was 1kpsf, at that time others new launch in D19 next to MRT also launch at 1kpsf. Dev are targeting landed atas buyers, not mass mkt buyers.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Affinity has its own within walking distance to future Serangoon north mrt. (Approx 5 mins walk)
It’s value (whether overprice or underprice) is not determined by its distance to Serangoon central because no one knows the future land price at Serangoon central site.

But definitely it will not be cheap with its proximity to NEX and mrt.
Not forgetting Serangoon central mrt is a circle line.

Hougang central plot has also been left vacant for damn Long though news has it that it will be developed as mix development by linking and transforming Hougang Mall to become a mega mall.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.