Android TV Box

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mele f10 deluxe is another good air mouse.

mx3 is one of the airmouse I am using, it is good, occasionally the cursor drift so I have to calibrate it, calibration is simple and straightforward, the problem is the calibration method is not the same as per manual, and I have to try many methods to get the right one.

but I won't recommend others to buy because I know that it is not possible to get back the same model, even from the same seller.

This is the air mouse I bought. :(

MX3-L 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse
https://shopee.sg/product/87075981/1627208975

I also hooted a Bluetooth Gamepad, actually I don't game dunno I buy for what. :s8:
https://shopee.sg/product/18784557/1433141926

I tried using the default remote from Tanix, it was ok until I tried scrolling in "Youtube kids" and "Newest Movies HD" apps but failed. I tested Ceturplay remote D-pad mode and Mouse mode, it failed as well.

It only worked when i click and drag with a wireless mouse. :(

Not sure if anyone else also face the same issue or issit me doing wrong somewhere.

Can you help me test if you are able to scroll within "youtube kids" app? :) Thanks!

funky05

Reaction score
Any apps which allows me to watch starhub channels like Malay Astro channels and Indian channels ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once I sign in to fb, the fb page mentioned in this thread says unavailable. If you are the mod of the page, can u give me access ?

You have to wait. Mr Choo is one of the moderators. I am not.

Make sure you read the pinned post before asking questions once you get in the group.

In the mean time you can start to browse the posts already without being a member. You can not see the comments though.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Order a MX3 air mouse yet to collect but I have a strong feeling that the air mouse will also not able to scroll in Youtube Kids app and some certain apps. :(

I just tried my normal mouse with YouTube kids and it works fine, click mouse left button and then move mouse to scroll. I then tried my air mouse and it is the same, point your air mouse to the screen, click okay, and then move your air mouse. My air mouse is a generic T3 model but I think it should be similar for your MX3 air mouse.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just tried my normal mouse with YouTube kids and it works fine, click mouse left button and then move mouse to scroll. I then tried my air mouse and it is the same, point your air mouse to the screen, click okay, and then move your air mouse. My air mouse is a generic T3 model but I think it should be similar for your MX3 air mouse.

Hey thanks a lot!

I loaded the android tv version of YouTube kids and now it worked!

Now i can use the original tanix remote to scroll liao! :D

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never really tried it. I do not need Android TV myself since I have my own Chromecast and I do not need Netflix. I do not have 4K TV or monitor either and I am happy with anything 720p/1080p. Without these needs, normal Android is actually better for me.

I read some good words of it — maybe you can try it and comment here.

Hmmmm.... Anyone tried ATVxperience ROM?

Richnogo

Reaction score
Seconded!

Personally I like the Minix Neo U1. Its got a good quality built and online community support. There are a lot of cheaper china-made android boxes though...

I bought that box too! Its really good and reasonable priced for the quality!

Richnogo

Reaction score
Airmouse

This is the air mouse I bought. :(

MX3-L 2.4G Wireless Air Mouse
https://shopee.sg/product/87075981/1627208975

I also hooted a Bluetooth Gamepad, actually I don't game dunno I buy for what. :s8:
https://shopee.sg/product/18784557/1433141926

I tried using the default remote from Tanix, it was ok until I tried scrolling in "Youtube kids" and "Newest Movies HD" apps but failed. I tested Ceturplay remote D-pad mode and Mouse mode, it failed as well.

It only worked when i click and drag with a wireless mouse. :(

Not sure if anyone else also face the same issue or issit me doing wrong somewhere.

Can you help me test if you are able to scroll within "youtube kids" app? :) Thanks!

Airmouse makes a lot of differences, especially if you use kodi, lousy ones will make you feel like want to bang wall.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought that box too! Its really good and reasonable priced for the quality!

Minix NEO U1 was one of the better Amlogic S905 box out there (released in late 2015).

The current model seems to be NEO U9-H which is out in 2017 and it using more powerful S912 CPU. Lazada seems to sell it for around S$180-S$190. At that price, Zidoo X9s may be a better choice with NAS function but everyone has its preferences.

Overall Minix is one of the more premium brands out there if you want to pay for the brand, probably similar to Zidoo.

Beelink may be another choice to a lesser extent (lower cost too). Beelink GT1 Ultimate is also using Amlogic S912 CPU and Lazada price is around S$100.

Zidoo H6 Pro and Beelink GS1 are using the lesser popular Allwinner H6 CPU and may be worth a look as well.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never really tried it. I do not need Android TV myself since I have my own Chromecast and I do not need Netflix. I do not have 4K TV or monitor either and I am happy with anything 720p/1080p. Without these needs, normal Android is actually better for me.

heard that chromecast works, but not netflix .

can only run hp version of netflix that gives only 480p.

The potential problems for custom rom is the hardware compatibility - remote control, bluetooth, wifi.. etc - may work on some boxes, but not all.

If using airmouse, lan and don't need bluetooth, it is a very good alternate rom - it gives you free chromecast .

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I also have a Chromecast but too troublesome to connect another device to the TV, sound good if I can get Chromecast function in my Android box. :)

Maybe when I backside itchy then I try. :D

heard that chromecast works, but not netflix .

If using airmouse, lan and don't need bluetooth, it is a very good alternate rom - it gives you free chromecast .

Yeah, that the key thing! :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have a Chromecast but too troublesome to connect another device to the TV, sound good if I can get Chromecast function in my Android box. :)

Maybe when I backside itchy then I try. :D

Yeah, that the key thing! :)

It is very convenient if chromecast is available in android box.

You can also install happycast in the android box to receive DLNA .

Chromecast+DLNA cast will make the box very versatile.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Not sure if I want to replace my raspberry pi + 1gen Chromecast with a mibox.

My og Chromecast can't play 720p60 youtube videos smoothly. I just use the yaste app on my phone to get Chromecast like casting on my pi running osmc (Kodi)

Is there a YouTube app that blocks Ads on androidTV os? If I had to use Kodi for YouTube to just block ads I see no reason to change my current setup.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to replace my raspberry pi + 1gen Chromecast with a mibox.

My og Chromecast can't play 720p60 youtube videos smoothly. I just use the yaste app on my phone to get Chromecast like casting on my pi running osmc (Kodi)

Is there a YouTube app that blocks Ads on androidTV os? If I had to use Kodi for YouTube to just block ads I see no reason to change my current setup.

Hmm, my 1st gen Chromecast work pretty well (I remember 720p no problem). It is located very close to my router though. My cheap 1080p only 40inch Akira dumb TV has three devices connected to the HDMI, SingTel TV box, Apple TV 3rd gen (wired Ethernet) and Chromecast 1st gen (2.4G wifi). Then old Wii and an old DVD player are connecting to other ports.

Apple TV 3rd gen also has YouTube but I like Chromecast better. I used to watch podcasts though Apple TV but now seldom use since phone is easier.

No experiences with ads blocking...

Edit to add:

BTW, I think YouTube ads are not too bad.

And If I am not wrong YouTube Android TV version should provide better resolution than Kodi YouTube. Kodi YouTube interface is pretty ugly if you ask me, Android TV version is slightly better, normal phone version interface is better.

Kodi is practically useless for my purpose since I am mainly interested in Chinese entertainment (Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien).

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Hmm, my 1st gen Chromecast work pretty well (I remember 720p no problem).

It's and issue with all 3 generations of Chromecast after Google did some changes to the bitrate of 60fps videos. Even the new release 3rd gen struggles with 1080p60 videos.

Not sure if newpipe works on androidTV os or I should get a rooted TV box and install YouTube vanced.

YouTube on Kodi isn't straight forward to setup. you have to create and use your own API key from Google in order to not overload the default key. also you have to enable mpeg-dash to get 1080 and up playback.

maybe I should just get the mibox for the better Chromecast.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.