Wechat wallet

shirleyblu

Reaction score
I dun think you able to withdraw out with sing bank card.
You can only withdraw with china bank card.

Hi urgent..
I received a sum of RMB from a friend cus we went out then he no SGD -.-
Stupidly I said yea yea I got wechat can receive.
After awhile, now wna cash it out I realize I can't...
Error code:
balance requires verification of real-name identity info

All this while I'm thinking if i can receive i should be able to send out as well ma and I added a dbs debit card in it, no issue. Never say not supported or what till now.

Any idea what I should do?

shirleyblu

Reaction score
Just want to check those withe BOC china bwnk card, how do yiu remit money to the account ? I tried DBS remit but it says foreign ID not supported.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to know that it works. Thought they will reject the verification seeing you're a foreigner with foreign passport and number.
:D
Can share how your friend get registered? And she made payment via her Singapore credit card that linked to alipay?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

isn't that very clear in my earlier post? :vijayadmin:

someone with RMB transferred to her alipay account

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi urgent..
I received a sum of RMB from a friend cus we went out then he no SGD -.-
Stupidly I said yea yea I got wechat can receive.
After awhile, now wna cash it out I realize I can't...
Error code:
balance requires verification of real-name identity info

All this while I'm thinking if i can receive i should be able to send out as well ma and I added a dbs debit card in it, no issue. Never say not supported or what till now.

Any idea what I should do?
submit your details for verification

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bro? Can teach? Thanks a lot.
I thought of that but can’t seem to find any option to.
if you need spoon feed, i think this service suits you
(personally i never try before)
https://www.vpayfast.com/wechatAuthentication

If you are not willing to pay, please explore your wechat. It will come with instruction how to submit your passport all those.

johndoe02

Reaction score
if you need spoon feed, i think this service suits you
(personally i never try before)
https://www.vpayfast.com/wechatAuthentication

If you are not willing to pay, please explore your wechat. It will come with instruction how to submit your passport all those.

I’ve tried looking around but most of it is in Chinese which I am not very good in.
All I need to do is be able to transfer my remainder WeChat CNY inside my account to another account.

johndoe02

Reaction score
Since u able to receive, u should be able to send. Best try send 0.10 or 0.01 first to see if possible. Should be able to use by both Ang bao and transfer.

Can cfm, i cant send out..
ask me verify info..
i sent 4x 200 angbao and thats the cap.. any further angbao/transaction be it 1CNY or 1000CNY also can't.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can cfm, i cant send out..
ask me verify info..
i sent 4x 200 angbao and thats the cap.. any further angbao/transaction be it 1CNY or 1000CNY also can't.

Without verifying your real identity, you have a limit of WeChat Ang Bao amount.

https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/mic...annel=helpcenter&t=help_center/w_topic_detail

1. For users who have not yet completed real name authentication:
They can't use WeChat Pay, the limit is 0.
the limits for red packet made using your balance for each transaction are 200 RMB, and can up to 1000 RMB per day and 2000 RMB per month. If these limits have been reached, you may add a new card to complete your transactions.

2. For users who have completed real name authentication:
The limit for each Red Packet is 200 RMB, up to 100 Red Packets can be sent each time. The maximum amount of sending red envelope via Balance is 100,000 RMB in a single day.
The payment amount of a bank card is limited by the bank.

Notes:
If the daily limit for a bank card is less than 20,000 RMB, then the Red Packet amount limit is based on the bank card limit.
If the daily limit for a bank card is more than 20,000 RMB, the amount limit of sending Red Packet is still 20,000 RMB

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I believe you will not really be able to finish the real name Authentication without a bank account opened in mainland. Therefore you can do it slowly within the limit, RMB2000 per month.

Please refer to Note 3 in the following WeChat help page.

I gave up already since I only have RMB1000 in my wechat wallet through Ang Bao.

WeChat China Wallet is meant for people in mainland China, including foreigner living/studying in China.

For foreigner you can link a foreign credit card and then be able to receive/send Ang Bao within the limit, that is good enough for most use cases.

https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/mic...ffbamr151208mzn7vm&back=true&lang=en&plat=ios

The verification method of the WeChat payment binding bank card:
China ID Card, foreign passport, Hongkong & Macou citizen's return permit, MTPs

Notes:
1. Bank cards from Mainland China can be linked for WeChat Pay by verifying your registered mobile number.

2. For bank cards from outside Mainland China, only credit cards may be linked. The card number, expiration date, and CVN2 will be required for verification; billing address will also be verified for cards opened in the United States and Canada.

3.When you are noticed to verify your identity after you linked a credit card opened outside Mainland China, you need to add a new card for an account opened in Mainland China.

4. Currently users who use the MTPs to register China Mainland Wallet cannot use WeChat pay in Taiwan, but can use it normally in mainland China.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point with WeChat Pay MY or SG when we can’t use in China .

So just use WeChat China Wallet and live with the limitations which is quite okay for normal usage because many vendors can accept WeChat Ang Bao. I believe you can also pay the vendors by scanning the bar codes using the Ballance in your account but I have not tried to do that yet. I will try that in a month’s time.

1. For users who have not yet completed real name authentication:
They can't use WeChat Pay, the limit is 0.
the limits for red packet made using your balance for each transaction are 200 RMB, and can up to 1000 RMB per day and 2000 RMB per month.

Last edited:

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I have created Wallet on my wechat, but, only my china colleague can give me the angbao(wechat cash), how could I TOP up the wechat cash on my own. The local bank accounts and credit card don’t seemed to work. Please advise, thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have created Wallet on my wechat, but, only my china colleague can give me the angbao(wechat cash), how could I TOP up the wechat cash on my own. The local bank accounts and credit card don’t seemed to work. Please advise, thanks.

No way without a China bank account.

You have to pay someone to send you Ang Bao.

Or engage some 3rd party service which I do not know the reliability.

Edit to add: some shops in China also offer top up service for AliPay and WeChat Pay.

Last edited:

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Which means I have to ask my colleague to give me the ANG BAO in rmb and I transfer the amount in sing dollar back to him again.

No way without a China bank account.

You have to pay someone to send you Ang Bao.

Or engage some 3rd party service which I do not know the reliability.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which means I have to ask my colleague to give me the ANG BAO in rmb and I transfer the amount in sing dollar back to him again.

Yes that seems to be the way to go. I tried different ways to come to this conclusion myself since I do not have a Chinese bank account.

For my last business trip to Shanghai I was lucky to be able to use my Singapore Corporate credit card to pay all expenses in the hotel and cash for some lunch sessions but my colleagues pay most of the times. Then I was near to the company and walked to the office. One of the time they also pay for DiDi taxi (Chinese version of Grab) for me. I also paid cash for the subway— a bit inconvenient but doable, need coins.

Next time I will try to pay with WeChat (微信零钱) for food items. Studying too for other things. Cash is still usable but a bit inconvenient.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.