NUS-ISS MTech Enterprise Business Analytics (EBAC)

mrbongo

Reaction score
i see i see. No wonder you already got offer letter. I applied for full time. two weeks passed and just verified the documents only.

Care to share the application process? What was your bachelor degree, the major, and local public/private or overseas? Did you went through the entry test and interview?

sorry didn't know that this thread now has so many replies liao..haha

the process is like...after the application you go for this entrance test..it's quite hard actually. not because the content is but there are a lot of questions for a 60 mins time limit.

my degree is in comp sci(private)

then afterwards they call you up for interview, ask some questions to make sure you know what you are applying for, etc

then is the long agonising wait..dead silence and I find myself keep refreshing email every now and then to wait for the acceptance email.

To those who have been rejected, just keep pressing on. I have applied many times to NUS; I think this is my third time. Every time I was rejected, I took on more courses online to enrich my knowledge and each time I apply, I keep enforcing the fact that I have improved in my tech skills, etc.. Don't give up, one day you will break through this admission barrier.

frotle009

Reaction score
sorry didn't know that this thread now has so many replies liao..haha

the process is like...after the application you go for this entrance test..it's quite hard actually. not because the content is but there are a lot of questions for a 60 mins time limit.

my degree is in comp sci(private)

then afterwards they call you up for interview, ask some questions to make sure you know what you are applying for, etc

then is the long agonising wait..dead silence and I find myself keep refreshing email every now and then to wait for the acceptance email.

To those who have been rejected, just keep pressing on. I have applied many times to NUS; I think this is my third time. Every time I was rejected, I took on more courses online to enrich my knowledge and each time I apply, I keep enforcing the fact that I have improved in my tech skills, etc.. Don't give up, one day you will break through this admission barrier.

thanks for sharing. I applied for about 3 weeks already. No calls for entrance test :(

Did you do the entrance test tgt at NUS with other applicants?

mrbongo

Reaction score
thanks for sharing. I applied for about 3 weeks already. No calls for entrance test :(

The entrance test might not be at NUS. I took mine at a office building in the CBD area. I think they have a few dates for the tests. Anyway, there were about 40 people at the test.

blackie_meow

Reaction score

You should contact them to register for entrance test. I made the same mistake last year waiting their call for entrance test and in the end, my application was unsuccessful because i did not take up the test.

frotle009

Reaction score
You should contact them to register for entrance test. I made the same mistake last year waiting their call for entrance test and in the end, my application was unsuccessful because i did not take up the test.

Many thanks for the advise. I contacted NUS immediately and they said the schedule is not out yet. The admin staff gave me a website to register for the EBAC info sharing session.

Are you going to register again for the same program?

EmoryHsu

Reaction score
Yup! Just received a couple of days ago. Trying to see if anyone here has got into the same course as well.
Hi, i saw the tuition fees got 2 options from the website

Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents(aged 21 years and above)
Total Fee (range)
S$19,951.22 to S$21,376.46

Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents (without subsidies) & International Students
Total Fee (range)
S$52,023.40 to S$56,774.20

do u know we should refer to which one for citizen/PR holders?

frotle009

Reaction score
Hi, i saw the tuition fees got 2 options from the website

Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents(aged 21 years and above)
Total Fee (range)
S$19,951.22 to S$21,376.46

Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents (without subsidies) & International Students
Total Fee (range)
S$52,023.40 to S$56,774.20

do u know we should refer to which one for citizen/PR holders?

You can refer to this PDF:

http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info/gd/GDTuitionCurrent.pdf
For students who are Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents, the tuition fees quoted here are subsidised by the Singapore government (through the Ministry of Education, MOE) and are exclusive of prevailing GST. The applicable GST for these students is subsidised by MOE. With effect from AY2018/2019, newly admitted Singapore Permanent Residents from Double Degree Programme comprising an MBA from Renmin University of China (RUC) and Master of Science in Real Estate (MRE) from NUS are not eligible for MOE subsidy.

All singaporeans and PRS are eligible for the subsidized sch fees. Those with scholarship are not eligible. That's my understanding.

EmoryHsu

Reaction score
hmm, i thought Mtech EBAC is not MOE-subsidised. Refer to this pdf:

Feel confusing who will provide the subsidies for this program...

mrbongo

Reaction score
hmm, i thought Mtech EBAC is not MOE-subsidised. Refer to this pdf:

Feel confusing who will provide the subsidies for this program...

according to the information session I attended few months ago..someone said they most people(SC&PR) SHOULD be able to get the subsidy..perhaps someone who has attended the latest info session can ask and confirm?

blackie_meow

Reaction score
Many thanks for the advise. I contacted NUS immediately and they said the schedule is not out yet. The admin staff gave me a website to register for the EBAC info sharing session.

Are you going to register again for the same program?

Good to hear that! Yes, I had accepted their offer. All the best to you.

frotle009

Reaction score
according to the information session I attended few months ago..someone said they most people(SC&PR) SHOULD be able to get the subsidy..perhaps someone who has attended the latest info session can ask and confirm?

there will be a session on the coming sat. I will check it out and feedback

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here compared the nus iss course vs smu mbit?
I missed the nus iss course. Not sure if the analytics courses differences.
Anyone can share?

frotle009

Reaction score
What kinda qns are asked at the interview?

Technical?

First few questions were like confirming your interest in the program. Questions are asked for experience in data analytics, time management for the full time program etc

This is followed by some technical questions on statistic theories. Different interviewers might ask different questions. Interviewers are the lecturers for the courses and one will interview the candidates on different slots.

Have the 2019 full time acceptance invites been received by anyone?

Went for the interview last week, not yet receive the offer.

Did you apply as well?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.