Mastercard tap in TransitLink

dhwang_best

Reaction score
So, from early June till your card died, only contactless transactions (by tapping the card) were made and no contact transactions (insert your card to POS) was made?

Interesting, if this is the case failed your card, then this card maybe verified by MasterCard. However, it should let you do contact transactions......

My Maybank F&F died on me today. After which I try to use its PayPass function at Watsons, also no good.

Called customer service, told me to try using the "smart chip" function for payment and claimed that it may be able to reset the PayPass component. So I went to downstairs Fairprice, neither the "smart chip" nor PayPass work. Meaning the claim was wrong.

Called customer service again, request a new card to be send to me without issue.

One interesting info provided by the first customer service officer is that LTA set a limit on the number of "wave" allowed for bus and MRT rides. I requested this number and I was given "1024".

I did a quick estimate. The previous time I requested a new card when it failed on me was early June. Till today, it's around 5.5 months. I use average 6 tap-in/out a day, so its approximately 6x30x5.5 = 990 for this particular card, which is very near 1024.

Somehow, if this "1024" thingy is true, some how this is killing the card? Just a personal observation.....

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, from early June till your card died, only contactless transactions (by tapping the card) were made and no contact transactions (insert your card to POS) was made?

Interesting, if this is the case failed your card, then this card maybe verified by MasterCard. However, it should let you do contact transactions......

I use this card by tapping/wave even at Fairprice and Cold Storage, and yes, never use the inserted chip.

Maybe to avoid further issue, should make it a point to use the chip for payment once a month to reset the "counter".

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, one question first. Is there any benefit to using Mastercard tap in to transitlink (aka ABT) ? Financially, it is the same as ezlink and you get no rebates whatsoever? Please enlighten.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, one question first. Is there any benefit to using Mastercard tap in to transitlink (aka ABT) ? Financially, it is the same as ezlink and you get no rebates whatsoever? Please enlighten.

There is rebate for ABT on certain cards eg boc qoo10 20%, cimb plat masters 10%

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Transitlink-ABT-logo.png

https://abt.transitlink.com.sg/

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 10% cash rebate is ongoing for CIMB Platinum?

I'm referring to usage on ABT, not the one on the 'Travel' category on CIMB Platinum.

Cimb has been giving 10% (think under the travel category under the old tnc) and should continue to give 10% under the transport category

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.