(Official Tengah NOV 2018 BTO Thread) Consolidate all research here!

Prislalala

Reaction score
Thank you :D. Anyone opting in for the Centralised Cooling? Seems like a nice idea but they didn’t mention cost or redundancies if 1 or 2 cooling towers are down... I’m gonna assume it’s the same sort of system you find in shopping malls and offices?

No harm opting in if paying by CPF leh. :s13:

luvira

Reaction score
I think if lucky and don't always heavy rains, 2021 can collect keys.

I was guessing there's a chance it could be earlier. Have there been any past projects that were completed years ahead of the projected date?

ShihTzuLover

Reaction score
Yes... Most of the BTOs and even condos TOP at least 1 quarter before the expected projected date.

Moreover now all BTOs are prefabricated units and that will speed up the construction process too. Take the Sembawang bto for example... They started the project 1.5 years ago and now it's already halfway done. I guess Sembawang gonna TOP in 2 years time. Just my observation.

Last edited:

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a chance for the project to finish a quarter of two ahead of estimated completion date, but for it to be a year ahead is quite unlikely. There hasn't been many examples of the latter in recent times.

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
honestly if finish 1 quarter early, you should be happy. if finish 1 year early, you should be very worried...

luvira

Reaction score
Gauging from when the results were out last year, I'm guessing we'll only get our queue numbers around Xmas or in the first week of the new year?

@Bill@710

Reaction score
Gauging from when the results were out last year, I'm guessing we'll only get our queue numbers around Xmas or in the first week of the new year?

For some lucky souls.. Will be best Xmas present.. Haha.. Merry Christmas to u in advance. Mm🎁🎁🎁

SkyNinja

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly if finish 1 quarter early, you should be happy. if finish 1 year early, you should be very worried...

Finish early means contractor efficient mah. You know those cranes and construction machines are $$ if idling? Most bosses will try to get projects many to keep doing

@Bill@710

Reaction score
Haha yeah. Hope you'll get a good number as a nice Xmas present! :)

Thanks to you. My Xmas wish is hdb to release more units so more of us can have our choice of home instead biting our fingers over ballot result.

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
about 1.5 months wait, so just before new year (or after if everyone holiday mood :D) seems about right

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.