Ask me any questions - Part 2

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first draft itinerary for Dec trip. Is that workable? Trip with elderly.
Sunday Tokyo
Monday Lake kawaguchi
Tuesday Aomori
Wednesday Aomori
Thursday Aomori
Friday akita
Saturday akita
Sunday Tokyo
Monday Tokyo
Tuesday Tokyo

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
I actually created a thread :) but dunno will get response or not so just posting here too :)

my thread is as follows : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/japan-271/need-help-quite-few-questions-5942223.html

Hi all

next year march 16 -24th my gf and me would be heading to Japan for our getaway trip

i intend to bring her to Hakone as we have yet to go hakone tgt and i am intending to propose to her

As such i wanted to book a ryokan.. but dont really have an idea which ryokan is good :/

my budget is around 500-600ish for 2D1N. is it too low or high?

what is the recommended range you guys think i should book a ryokan at? :x

Do you guys have any recommendation that i can look at?

and also would like to check are there any florist nearby there?

do you guys think that is a good idea to propose at the Hakone Shrine? will there be a lot ppl if we go before sunset or early in the morning? haha

and do you guys have any links that i can hire a photographer for tat day?

Thanks all hope to hear from you guys soon!

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
okay what's ur budget for this whole trip?

errrrrr, dont really have a budget for the whole trip bah:s22: but both of us just graduated from uni so.. i guess budget we wont be too high bah, just tat for that few days i am willing to spend more, the rest of the trip we had more or less planned it out le haha..

The ryokan stay my budget is around is around 500-600ish for 2D1N is it too low or high? if you have cheaper alternatives that are good i am open to suggestions too :) was hoping to have a private onsen in our room or it isnt necessary? lol

i am not too sure anyone know the cost for hiring a photographer for half/ full day?:X

do you guys think proposing at Hakone or amanohashidate or Shirakawago will be a better choice?><

DAY1 HND Airport 6am Hakone
DAY2 Hakone > Takayama
DAY 3 Takayama > Shirakawago
DAY 4 Takayama> Kyoto
DAY 5 Kyoto > amanohashidate
DAY 6 Kyoto> Osaka
DAY 7 Kyoto>Tokyo
DAY 8 Flight back to Singapore 6pm

this is our third time visiting japan bah :) as such visiting places we never visited. osaka is more of stop to get tidbits :X

is it too rush?

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what kind of photographer which you're hiring but my recent trip my wife did hire one in Kyoto for 4hrs. Cost $38k

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of photographer which you're hiring but my recent trip my wife did hire one in Kyoto for 4hrs. Cost $38k

Hmmm maybe go around hakone or somewhere asking a photographer to take couple photos and I propose at the end :) haha intend to propose at the hakone shrine if all goes well haha

mind sharing the link?:D

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
errrrrr, dont really have a budget for the whole trip bah:s22: but both of us just graduated from uni so.. i guess budget we wont be too high bah, just tat for that few days i am willing to spend more, the rest of the trip we had more or less planned it out le haha..

The ryokan stay my budget is around is around 500-600ish for 2D1N is it too low or high? if you have cheaper alternatives that are good i am open to suggestions too :) was hoping to have a private onsen in our room or it isnt necessary? lol

if you want more budget one, can check the ichinoyu chain.

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No budget but won't spend too much on good luxury hotels. Just wanted to relax and see snowing.
Anyone can recommend good hotel as in nearby JR and convenient stores at sendai, akita, aomori, Tokyo?

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
yeah too rush bro, how to enjoy sia? but total of this trip how much?

Haha. I wanted to skip Osaka de. But gf say must drop by there to buy some stuff before heading back to Tokyo so yea :x

Hmmmm air tickets I got around 780pax

But my Budget whole trip 3.5k bah

I will be paying for accoms and flights bah :x but the food she say she will pay own her own.

Yea I find it a bit rush. Any suggestions? Haha

Shirwakago and amanohashidate we doing day trips only bah. Just sighting seeing :)

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha. I wanted to skip Osaka de. But gf say must drop by there to buy some stuff before heading back to Tokyo so yea :x

Hmmmm air tickets I got around 780pax

But my Budget whole trip 3.5k bah

I will be paying for accoms and flights bah :x but the food she say she will pay own her own.

Yea I find it a bit rush. Any suggestions? Haha

Shirwakago and amanohashidate we doing day trips only bah. Just sighting seeing :)

Transportation is gonna cost you abit..7D JRP is gonna cost you S$340/each.

But too rush IMHO for 8 days..

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
do you guys think proposing at Hakone or amanohashidate or Shirakawago will be a better choice?><

DAY1 HND Airport 6am Hakone
DAY2 Hakone > Takayama
DAY 3 Takayama > Shirakawago
DAY 4 Takayama> Kyoto
DAY 5 Kyoto > amanohashidate
DAY 6 Kyoto> Osaka
DAY 7 Kyoto>Tokyo
DAY 8 Flight back to Singapore 6pm

this is our third time visiting japan bah :) as such visiting places we never visited. osaka is more of stop to get tidbits :X

is it too rush?

Definitely too rush. Too many places in 8 days.
And you need to factor in travelling time between these places.
Instead of flying back from Tokyo.
Why not fly back from Osaka instead so you can stay 1 or 2 nights there.
Unless you already bought your flight tickets and accommodations.

Last edited:

naveen99

Banned
Reaction score
It is called Century Southern Tower Hotel...

https://www.southerntower.co.jp/

I booked directly from the website... coz those apps like expedia and agoda always shows sold out... but their website still available...

3rd parties like Experdia /Agoda are only given a specific number of rooms to sell and in many cases the hotels will retain rooms for direct booking.

In my case when i booked this very same hotel (Century Southern Tower Hotel) 3 months ago for my upcoming trip in 2 weeks time, Agoda offered the best deal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.