Mastercard tap in TransitLink

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/132581033478808/posts/2347087655361457/

#DidYouKnow that over 100,000 users have participated in our Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) pilot with Mastercard since Mar 2017?

With this success, we’ll be expanding the pilot to NETS and Visa cardholders in Dec 2018! #YesWeHeardYou

From 3 Dec, NETS contactless bank cardholders can register their interest to join the pilot at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit; while an invited group of employees from Visa and participating banks can register at the TransitLink ABT Portal (www.transitlink.com.sg/ABT).

With #ABT, commuters can enjoy the convenience of a “tap and go” fare payment experience with just their contactless credit/debit cards. And best of all, #NoNeedToTopUp! ;) #SmartMobility

intime

Reaction score
They just updated their transitlink app.
Today when i tap out, the money deducted auto appear as notification on my phone...

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno huai pilot testing need sooooo long to do
shows the efficiency of the civil service

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...for-public-transport-to-visa-nets-cardholders

LTA expands contactless payment trial for public transport to Visa, Nets cardholders

SINGAPORE - Visa and Nets cardholders can soon pay for their train and bus rides using their contactless bank cards, with the expansion of a pilot by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to begin next month.

The LTA, Nets and Visa said in a joint statement on Friday (Nov 30) that the account-based ticketing (ABT) system has seen a successful pilot run with Mastercard since March last year.

Commuters are charged for their public transport rides in their credit or debit card bill, similar to contactless transactions made at retail merchants.

The expansion to include Visa and Nets card holders will allow them to improve the inter-operability of these cards before the LTA introduces the system to all commuters with contactless bank cards, the statement said.

LTA chief executive Ngien Hoon Ping said: "I am confident that the Visa and Nets trials will be equally helpful in fine-tuning the ABT system before we launch it to the public in future."

Commuters with Nets contactless bank cards with DBS/POSB, OCBC and United Overseas Bank (UOB) who are interested in joining the pilot can register at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit from next Monday.

Visa will be inviting a group of employees and participants from various banks to take part in the pilot.

The participating banks include Bank of China, Citibank, CIMB, DBS, HSBC, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, Standard Chartered and UOB.

Participants will be informed by Visa or their respective banks to register on the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app from next Monday.

Mr Kunal Chatterjee, Visa's country manager for Singapore and Brunei, said that a recent transit study by Visa found that nearly seven in 10 Singaporeans agree that the top benefit of using contactless payment is the convenience it brings.

They added that they no longer need to use cash or top up their stored value cards to pay for their rides.

The LTA, in an update on the Mastercard pilot, said more than 100,000 commuters have made 26 million trips using the ABT system since March 2017. This is an average of over 50,000 trips daily.

One of the pilot users, Ms Adeline Goh, said: "Nowadays, I simply tap my Mastercard at the fare gates, and there is no need to top-up or worry about insufficient balance in my travel card, especially since I have to take a bus to the MRT station to top-up.

"It is also very convenient for me to check my transactions and track my transport expenditure on the TransitLink ABT Portal."

Mastercard users who are interested in signing up for the Mastercard ABT pilot can continue to do so via the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Any promo related to this?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...for-public-transport-to-visa-nets-cardholders

LTA expands contactless payment trial for public transport to Visa, Nets cardholders

SINGAPORE - Visa and Nets cardholders can soon pay for their train and bus rides using their contactless bank cards, with the expansion of a pilot by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to begin next month.

The LTA, Nets and Visa said in a joint statement on Friday (Nov 30) that the account-based ticketing (ABT) system has seen a successful pilot run with Mastercard since March last year.

Commuters are charged for their public transport rides in their credit or debit card bill, similar to contactless transactions made at retail merchants.

The expansion to include Visa and Nets card holders will allow them to improve the inter-operability of these cards before the LTA introduces the system to all commuters with contactless bank cards, the statement said.

LTA chief executive Ngien Hoon Ping said: "I am confident that the Visa and Nets trials will be equally helpful in fine-tuning the ABT system before we launch it to the public in future."

Commuters with Nets contactless bank cards with DBS/POSB, OCBC and United Overseas Bank (UOB) who are interested in joining the pilot can register at www.nets.com.sg/netsintransit from next Monday.

Visa will be inviting a group of employees and participants from various banks to take part in the pilot.

The participating banks include Bank of China, Citibank, CIMB, DBS, HSBC, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, Standard Chartered and UOB.

Participants will be informed by Visa or their respective banks to register on the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app from next Monday.

Mr Kunal Chatterjee, Visa's country manager for Singapore and Brunei, said that a recent transit study by Visa found that nearly seven in 10 Singaporeans agree that the top benefit of using contactless payment is the convenience it brings.

They added that they no longer need to use cash or top up their stored value cards to pay for their rides.

The LTA, in an update on the Mastercard pilot, said more than 100,000 commuters have made 26 million trips using the ABT system since March 2017. This is an average of over 50,000 trips daily.

One of the pilot users, Ms Adeline Goh, said: "Nowadays, I simply tap my Mastercard at the fare gates, and there is no need to top-up or worry about insufficient balance in my travel card, especially since I have to take a bus to the MRT station to top-up.

"It is also very convenient for me to check my transactions and track my transport expenditure on the TransitLink ABT Portal."

Mastercard users who are interested in signing up for the Mastercard ABT pilot can continue to do so via the TransitLink ABT Portal or mobile app.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have POSB saving account, but do not have their contactless atm card because I am using everyday card for atm :(

can apply at branch, get on the spot, wont affect your everyday card atm

just means u will have 2 atm cards

3 weeks is referring to ABT registration

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.