SUSS Part Time 2019/01

orinyori

Reaction score
i visited SUSS confessions page on facebook.

ppl there say u can do a maximum of 70 credits in 1 year.

so the fastest u can graduate with a basic degree from SUSS will be 2 years.

If you want a 2 years degree, maybe you should look at Kaplan instead. The curriculum there is much easier too. For SUSS, the minimum would be 3 years in general. You are allowed to take up to 20cu of core modules a semester. So out of that 130cu, 120cu are core modules. So you will need 6 semesters for this.

You can write in to request to take more than 20cu of core modules per semester but this is subject to approval. If you are a borderline GPA 2.0 person, I don't think they would allow you to do so many modules. They want to make sure you can cope also. Instead of loading up and failing everything. Do consider the fact that this is a part time program but the materials you need to learn is the SAME as a full time program and most of us are working full time at the same time.

RandySee

Reaction score
So let’s say if touchwood fail one of the module, need to retake next semester and pay for the course again am I right ? :s22:

jokerforlife

Reaction score
So let’s say if touchwood fail one of the module, need to retake next semester and pay for the course again am I right ? :s22:

Bobao. In most cases, fail means resit (take final paper only, don't need do Tma GBA). Unless fail till damn jialat (think exam score less than 15 or 25 ), then is retake (take the mod again, redo tma GBA)

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Bobao. In most cases, fail means resit (take final paper only, don't need do Tma GBA). Unless fail till damn jialat (think exam score less than 15 or 25 ), then is retake (take the mod again, redo tma GBA)

yrp. and on the case of RETAKE/not resit, govt will still subsidise.. if i remembered correctly, government got subsidy extra 30cu? means ur total cu is 130, u technically can retake 6 times or 6 diff modules. Thereafter,u pay full amount for per module

Eshyyy

Reaction score
Is anyone here taking a part time course that has major/minor?
I'm in Business w Psychology minor, and I can't seem to select any Psychology modules (such as Introduction to Psychology 1/2) for my first semester.

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to complete your major modules first before you can pick minor modules??

Hi. at the email at one of the attachments, i think they stated that it's recommended to start the minor modules from the 4th sem onwards. I'm minoring in paramedicine. take up the courses that they recommended you to. i think they want you to prioritize and clear the compulsory and Ucore first

Eshyyy

Reaction score
Maximum 70CU? Wow. That’s some real **** there man.

same goes to me. i rmb clearly that i am eligible for the govt subsidy as i've just completed poly and this is my first uni program. i will head down to sch tmr and update you once again!

Anyways, anyone must take the english test as well?

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want a 2 years degree, maybe you should look at Kaplan instead. The curriculum there is much easier too. For SUSS, the minimum would be 3 years in general. You are allowed to take up to 20cu of core modules a semester. So out of that 130cu, 120cu are core modules. So you will need 6 semesters for this.

You can write in to request to take more than 20cu of core modules per semester but this is subject to approval. If you are a borderline GPA 2.0 person, I don't think they would allow you to do so many modules. They want to make sure you can cope also. Instead of loading up and failing everything. Do consider the fact that this is a part time program but the materials you need to learn is the SAME as a full time program and most of us are working full time at the same time.

Minimum need above 3 GPA to request for 30cu study load, basically like those Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) aka accelerated pathway programme to complete basic degree in 2 years.

RandySee

Reaction score
Ohh I see like that one uh 🤔🤔 thanks for the info :)

Reaction score
Sadly, I have to the the English prog too. Similar to yours, but the issue is only after payment they give us the access before we can do so right?

same goes to me. i rmb clearly that i am eligible for the govt subsidy as i've just completed poly and this is my first uni program. i will head down to sch tmr and update you once again!

Anyways, anyone must take the english test as well?

Claree

Reaction score
I just tried to select my modules and I am only allowed to select 4 modules (20CUs) and I don’t get to choose which modules I want to take first, they give me the exact 4 and I can choose 20CU or lesser.

Is it supposed to be like this? Like they preplanned your journey and courses for you already. I mean I don’t mind but I was just surprised that I don’t really get to choose except for how many out of the 4 modules I want to take hahaha.

orinyori

Reaction score
I just tried to select my modules and I am only allowed to select 4 modules (20CUs) and I don’t get to choose which modules I want to take first, they give me the exact 4 and I can choose 20CU or lesser.

Is it supposed to be like this? Like they preplanned your journey and courses for you already. I mean I don’t mind but I was just surprised that I don’t really get to choose except for how many out of the 4 modules I want to take hahaha.

It's not pre-planned but depending on your course, they may limit certain modules for the first semester. Like I think I wasn't allowed to choose any level 2 modules in the first semester.

junn95

Reaction score
Sadly, I have to the the English prog too. Similar to yours, but the issue is only after payment they give us the access before we can do so right?

Same.. I have to go for the eng prog, and yea you have to pay for the 1st sem in order to get the login details to start on the eng prog. What course are you in? Im taking comms with multimedia.

Apple Jack

Suspended
Reaction score
UPDATE: i called SUSS. the person said i had registration error / technical glitch and solved the govt subsidy problem for me. u can call the numbers below and ask for help. saves u a trip to SUSS if u live far away from it.

Part-time Application and Admission Enquiries

School of Humanities & Behavioural Sciences
6248 9332

School of Business
6248 9336 / 9337

S R Nathan School of Human Development
6248 5785 / 0118 / 9337 / 9334

School of Law
6248 0127

School of Science & Technlogy
6248 9331
Thanks, going drink kopi anyway. Got alot qn to ask

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
what u shld see for 5 CU after govt subsidy:

2e1yjw2.png

There’s different pricing for diff age correct?

Your current price you showed, may I know what’s your age?

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
There’s different pricing for diff age correct?

Your current price you showed, may I know what’s your age?

this one should be the normal pricing after subsidy for the "regular" age.. iirc, those 40 plus i think should be 200 plus per module..

but i realized the module fee increased alot..when i just enrolled in 2015,per module after gst and subsidy is like borderline 500 only.

Reaction score
Oh, I Guess have gotta wait for a few days then.

I’m in Management

Same.. I have to go for the eng prog, and yea you have to pay for the 1st sem in order to get the login details to start on the eng prog. What course are you in? Im taking comms with multimedia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.