The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

nethdale

Reaction score
Anyone know where can get either Lindberg titanium horn or Lunor frame at a good price? Thank you.

Sauzan

Master Member
Reaction score
What’s the typical price for Hoya progressive index 1.6 with about 400+ astigmatism per side?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where can get either Lindberg titanium horn or Lunor frame at a good price? Thank you.

What’s the typical price for Hoya progressive index 1.6 with about 400+ astigmatism per side?
will update you when i am with the list if someone have not already replied :s12:

Lindberg horn maybe gangsterkia can hook you up.
if not google the lindberg stores in singapore. rrp should be all around the same.

Sauzan

Master Member
Reaction score
will update you when i am with the list if someone have not already replied :s12:

if not google the lindberg stores in singapore. rrp should be all around the same.
Thanks.

I understand there's also 4 categories, and each category has its own grade?

Very confusing/.

nethdale

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Lindberg Horn Titanium’s RRP is almost the same for most shops. I can’t bring myself to commission one with progressive lens. It is as if buying a iPhones XS Max 128gb.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, Lindberg Horn Titanium’s RRP is almost the same for most shops. I can’t bring myself to commission one with progressive lens. It is as if buying a iPhones XS Max 128gb.

Morning!

Horn price would range at about 2.2-2.4k(before discount). If you are looking at their limited edition series which is the UNICA(unique) horn series it will cost about 2.6k.
Unica if you google online, their horn marbling is alot more distinct than the normal buffalo horns that you see.(really nice IMHO)

Prices are all before discounted. IMO best place you can find a the cheapest horn is at JAMCO at katong shopping centre.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

From basic(top) to best(lowest)

Summit series is about 620 onwards
Dynamic series is about 680 onwards(semi-customized)
Lifestyle series range from 820 onwards.(semi-customized)
ID series is about 1000.(fully customized)
Mystyle is about 1750.(fully customized)
(edit:all these are 1.6 index)

All quoted from pricelist. Discount varies from shop to shop.

Each difference in the tier are their Lens design,Soft/Hard which would affect your peripheral distortion, intermediate zone and reading area(wide/narrow)=(need to move head more to read)

Last edited:

Michael_hzc

Reaction score
could you pm your contact? I am interested to buy a spec. Thank you.

From basic(top) to best(lowest)

Summit series is about 620 onwards
Dynamic series is about 680 onwards(semi-customized)
Lifestyle series range from 820 onwards.(semi-customized)
ID series is about 1000.(fully customized)
Mystyle is about 1750.(fully customized)

All quoted from pricelist. Discount varies from shop to shop.

Each difference in the tier are their Lens design,Soft/Hard which would affect your peripheral distortion, intermediate zone and reading area(wide/narrow)=(need to move head more to read)

nethdale

Reaction score
Morning!

Horn price would range at about 2.2-2.4k(before discount). If you are looking at their limited edition series which is the UNICA(unique) horn series it will cost about 2.6k.
Unica if you google online, their horn marbling is alot more distinct than the normal buffalo horns that you see.(really nice IMHO)

Prices are all before discounted. IMO best place you can find a the cheapest horn is at JAMCO at katong shopping centre.

Once again, thank you so much, Gangsterkia. On the side note, any idea why the price range is so high? Thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Once again, thank you so much, Gangsterkia. On the side note, any idea why the price range is so high? Thanks.

The materials(horn) that they use to make the frame, the process of putting together the frame and of course to add to the ''prestigious''/''luxurious'' concept. The horn will also age over time giving you that grainy texture which will accentuate the outlook.. apart from it being seen as a fashion point of view.

But yknow, once you put on a lindberg you will know how comfortable it is and it is well worth the price. However there will always be others who do not like it so its solely based on you when you try it and to see it you think if it is worth it.

Michael_hzc

Reaction score
thanks for the pm gangsterkia! i'd have like to reply you via pm but i cannot reply you on it; apparently i dont have enough posts... could you pm your email or whatsapp if possible i would like to ask you for your other recommendations! thank you once again!

Michael_hzc

Reaction score
thanks for the pm gangsterkia! i'd have like to reply you via pm but i cannot reply you on it; apparently i dont have enough posts... could you pm your email or whatsapp if possible i would like to ask you for your other recommendations! thank you once again!

The materials(horn) that they use to make the frame, the process of putting together the frame and of course to add to the ''prestigious''/''luxurious'' concept. The horn will also age over time giving you that grainy texture which will accentuate the outlook.. apart from it being seen as a fashion point of view.

But yknow, once you put on a lindberg you will know how comfortable it is and it is well worth the price. However there will always be others who do not like it so its solely based on you when you try it and to see it you think if it is worth it.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

Would you like to let us know over here which area would be easier for you?
Perhaps some of us here including myself can recommend you too.

Michael_hzc

Reaction score
Sure. I am around Clementi.

I have -5.5 for both eyes and astigmatism of -1. So prefer to get 1.67 index lenses. Could you advise how much it might cost for Nikon or Zeiss?

For the frame, I want to do a titanium one, could be Silhouette or Lindberg. Any suggestion and price range of these frames? Thank you.

Would you like to let us know over here which area would be easier for you?
Perhaps some of us here including myself can recommend you too.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Sure. I am around Clementi.

I have -5.5 for both eyes and astigmatism of -1. So prefer to get 1.67 index lenses. Could you advise how much it might cost for Nikon or Zeiss?

For the frame, I want to do a titanium one, could be Silhouette or Lindberg. Any suggestion and price range of these frames? Thank you.

For the price of lenses, you are looking at a figure of around $320++ for the lenses(excluding add-ons like transition and blue filter).

I believe both brands that you are interested in are pretty good brands that are lasting.

Price range for lindberg is around 680---2400(buffalo horn) depending on which series you get and for silhouette, a ball park figure of 400-500(depending on the rimless or full frame design).

If you are looking at area around clementi, you might want to head down to bukit timah shopping centre to look at Mee Mee optics or towards west mall, bukit batok Mr Eyewear. Mee Mee should have both lindbergs and sil, wheareas Mr Eyewear only has Sil. Perhaps give them a call and check if they have any specific model you are looking for or just head to to view the frames!

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

Hahahah for me i think having the iphone xs max is crazy. holding a 2k+ value phone in hand. However, for glasses it seems to be a different story haha.
maybe if you wear it you will feel more confident/value it more etc.
bottom line = if you feel comfortable with it, get it. if not dont. end up wearing a 'burden'

dont have to get such an expensive one if it doesn't make you feel comfortable. so many different brands at various price points. choose those that you feel comfortable with :)

Michael_hzc

Reaction score
Great. Really appreciate your help!!

For the price of lenses, you are looking at a figure of around $320++ for the lenses(excluding add-ons like transition and blue filter).

I believe both brands that you are interested in are pretty good brands that are lasting.

Price range for lindberg is around 680---2400(buffalo horn) depending on which series you get and for silhouette, a ball park figure of 400-500(depending on the rimless or full frame design).

If you are looking at area around clementi, you might want to head down to bukit timah shopping centre to look at Mee Mee optics or towards west mall, bukit batok Mr Eyewear. Mee Mee should have both lindbergs and sil, wheareas Mr Eyewear only has Sil. Perhaps give them a call and check if they have any specific model you are looking for or just head to to view the frames!

Reaction score
Mind sharing where you got yours done in JB?

For comparison's sake I just walked past a spectacle shop in hougang. Same Rayban that I got quoted rm600 with 1.67 in house lens is selling here sg238 with 1.56 in house lens. I guess it will be close to sg300+ with a 1.67.

Without going into a lengthy discussion or debate I will just relate my own experience. I have had my IC done in JB, 3 pairs and another 2 pairs, wore them for the past 10 years without any issues. At least i cannot tell the difference with those made in SG. There are also some reputable shops in JB, with the same boss having branches in SG. Some opticians in SG are also malaysia trained. I also do not think Malaysians eyesights are any worse than Singaporeans.

Just saying, ultimately it's all up to the individual.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who here got more then 1 pair of specs to rotate around? I almost every year get 1 new pair.. Have abt 8 pairs in rotation now. How abt u?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.