PlayStation Classic Mini-Console

ghostjacker

Reaction score
Big mistake or good idea by Sony.Would you get one. What games would you like to come with it? For me it has to have Metal Gear Solid and at least 1 Resident Evil game.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And you shall see how useful/popular this kind of products is when you remove the Nintendo fanboi magic.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure sell like hot cakes. issue is if they can make enough of it.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Big mistake or good idea by Sony.Would you get one. What games would you like to come with it? For me it has to have Metal Gear Solid and at least 1 Resident Evil game.

I see the 1st 5 games - only FF7 is attractive for me.

I've beaten it on PS1 & plat it on PS4. Hope to see Chrono Cross, MGS, RE3, Dino Crisis, Puzzle Fighter, FF Tactics, Vagrant Story,FF9 (but already released upgraded PS4 version), etc. The library is too huge! And a little dominated by Squaresoft, for the games I would like to see.

20 games slots only.....hard to squeeze in man.

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
too late to jump on the bandwagon leh

classic consoles now hype dying down

the NES ones are already on discount

mliolukiye

Reaction score
too late to jump on the bandwagon leh

classic consoles now hype dying down

the NES ones are already on discount

Probably will skip this anyways. I bought NES & SNES classic cos when I was younger, I don't have the opportunity to play those games. Now I can, all in it. You are right, I saw some leftover stock selling cheap. Haha.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point playing the original game on official hardware unless the emulator can do this:

FZIPerb.png

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I see the 1st 5 games - only FF7 is attractive for me.

I've beaten it on PS1 & plat it on PS4. Hope to see Chrono Cross, MGS, RE3, Dino Crisis, Puzzle Fighter, FF Tactics, Vagrant Story,FF9 (but already released upgraded PS4 version), etc. The library is too huge! And a little dominated by Squaresoft, for the games I would like to see.

20 games slots only.....hard to squeeze in man.

i only want wild arms..

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This kind of thing is no secret; backward compatibility is usually based on emulators already made by others

The reason to get these kind of consoles is for the legal games.

This is hard to beat tho:
Nintendo downloaded a Mario rom to sell back to users

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...o-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

sacar101

Reaction score
This kind of thing is no secret; backward compatibility is usually based on emulators already made by others

The reason to get these kind of consoles is for the legal games.

This is hard to beat tho:
Nintendo downloaded a Mario rom to sell back to users

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...o-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

I just find it weird that a multi billion company like sony that do software for at least 20+ years don't code their own emulator. For me is like microsoft telling their employee to use libreoffice instead of microsoft office.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not worth after looking at all the reviews. Basically sounds like a lazy port. At least Nintendo makes the effort to spruce up the emulation. This is just getting a cheap hardware with a PS skin, and using off the rack emulation software. Considering the success of Playstation all these while, this classic console is a disappointment.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not worth after looking at all the reviews. Basically sounds like a lazy port. At least Nintendo makes the effort to spruce up the emulation. This is just getting a cheap hardware with a PS skin, and using off the rack emulation software. Considering the success of Playstation all these while, this classic console is a disappointment.

Tiagong Nintendo's has sound emulation accuracy problems...

While PSClassic at least uses tried-and-tested open source...

mliolukiye

Reaction score
The games don't entice. Better games aren't in the list. Maybe PS Classic 2 with better line up if licensing issues (speculated) solved.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.