LG 2018 OLED TVs - B8, C8, E8, and W8 series

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
There’s small LG roadshow just outside of Changi City Point.

Still pondering over
70UK6320PTE
$3799
With $200 MasterCard credit & $300 grocery vouchers.

My main requirement is a big screen UHD. Dun think I will spend more for OLED.

But wondering if paying $1300 more for the LG 70’ is worth considering a Xiaomi MiTV is 75’ ($1890 now). Both UHD. Just not sure on the quality difference.

eaphla

Reaction score
There’s small LG roadshow just outside of Changi City Point.

Still pondering over
70UK6320PTE
$3799
With $200 MasterCard credit & $300 grocery vouchers.

My main requirement is a big screen UHD. Dun think I will spend more for OLED.

But wondering if paying $1300 more for the LG 70’ is worth considering a Xiaomi MiTV is 75’ ($1890 now). Both UHD. Just not sure on the quality difference.

Stay away from Mitv.. not durable..
mine less than 4 mth, 2 horizontal lines of dead pixel appeared.. :(
Poor Image processing too...

So now, just bought 55SK8500 to replace.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Reaction score
Help needed.
While watching my 65C8, out of the blue, a “Screen Share” pop-up message appears on screen prompting to proceed with the request or to ignore. The screen of the unknown phone also appear on screen interrupting viewing for me to make an informed choice.
This has happened a few times. I can’t find a way to turn off share screen as well.
Anyone has any advise?

Thanks.

addirk

Reaction score
LG OLED

Just confirm a 55” c8 for below 2.8k, after deducting all vouchers. Good deal can still be found, just need to do a bit of hunting and luck.

Was told LG promoting B8 due to stock issue.

Hi bro, can let me know where to get the 55" C8 for $2.8K please? Thank you.

humyt

Reaction score
Got my 55” C8 at 2799 after deduction all voucher. Not sure if the LG promoter able to offer same price but no harm trying if interested. PM me if u want the contact.

C8 55” stock is in, am holding back delivery till Returning from trip in Dec

Interested to know the contact for the LG promoter also.

Please PM me thanks!

Or anyone who had PM from darzee please share also!

darzee

Reaction score
Btw, just got my 55SK8500 price revised to $1499, after deducting all vouchers. No freebies, $1499 net.

phatty81

Reaction score
Have not buy yet.

Today was quote
LG B8 65 inch , minus free gift

$4599

Anyone can advice 65 B8 $4599 good price to buy or not ?

Bro, based on your feedback, I went to J8 today and confirmed the 65 B8 for $4699 minus all gifts. They refused to give me $4599 because that was yesterday's price. I was just 1 day late, and it cost me $100 more.

But after i confirmed everything, one of the manager was kind enough to give me a free LG Bluetooth speaker PH3 as a consolation.

d3athadd3r

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, based on your feedback, I went to J8 today and confirmed the 65 B8 for $4699 minus all gifts. They refused to give me $4599 because that was yesterday's price. I was just 1 day late, and it cost me $100 more.

But after i confirmed everything, one of the manager was kind enough to give me a free LG Bluetooth speaker PH3 as a consolation.

bro do u know what is c8 price?

why go for b8 when can get better specs with c8?

phatty81

Reaction score
bro do u know what is c8 price?

why go for b8 when can get better specs with c8?

I was quoted $5799 for the 65” C8. $1k more than the B8. Anyway, I read a lot of reviews saying that the a9 processor on the C8 will result in a slightly brighter picture compared to a7. Both share the same panel. Other small details and highlights will not be visible to normal users like me I guess. So price point was a winner for me.

My intention was to compare the Sony X9000F, Pana FZ950 and the B8. Sony and Pana same price point at $4799 with Sony having free PS4 and no free gifts at all from Panasonic. So in the end I went with the B8.

lacazette

Reaction score
Anyone tried buying the c8 from overseas? Understand US version has some issues with voltage, what about other countries?

moron+genius

Reaction score
Anyone tried buying the c8 from overseas? Understand US version has some issues with voltage, what about other countries?

U need 2 decide the price diff after factoring shipping n gst is worth giving up the warranty. Beside voltage, tuner type also may b different depending on which country u bring in. Closest compatible will b our neighbors

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.