LG 2018 OLED TVs - B8, C8, E8, and W8 series

phatty81

Reaction score
Anyone tried buying the c8 from overseas? Understand US version has some issues with voltage, what about other countries?

I actually surveryed the prices in KL a couple of weeks back. The only model worth getting was the Sony 65" A8F. Was quoted by HN in Ikano Power Center RM11,400 top up extended warranty to 5 years for RM2650, factor in GST when crossing back here and transportation of $100, adds up to about $5k after conversion. Which will only get you the 55" A8F here in Sg.

So, by purchasing the extended warranty of RM2650, Singapore Harvey Norman will honor it, which means you can refer to HN Singapore for all warranty related issues. I have looked it up and it is actually valid.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my 55” C8 at 2799 after deduction all voucher. Not sure if the LG promoter able to offer same price but no harm trying if interested. PM me if u want the contact.

C8 55” stock is in, am holding back delivery till Returning from trip in Dec

Hi. Can pm where to get? Thanks.

phatty81

Reaction score
So guys, my brand new 4 day old 65" B8, showed a black line vertically today. Quite long black line spanning down halfway down the screen.

What a disappointment with LG's OLED quality.

Called best denki and they agree for a 1-to-1 exchange as long as defects show up within 1 week upon delivery. Now I feel skeptical about their QC.

phatty81

Reaction score
u shld haf topped up and gotten a c8
Haha.. bro, $1k difference... hard for me to swallow..

Anyway, I checked before. B8 made in Korea while C8 made by LG Electronics. Salesman told me C8 made in Malaysia, so B8 is a better buy due to the made in Korea label.

Oh well, just my luck I suppose.

whezzy

Reaction score
Haha.. bro, $1k difference... hard for me to swallow..

Anyway, I checked before. B8 made in Korea while C8 made by LG Electronics. Salesman told me C8 made in Malaysia, so B8 is a better buy due to the made in Korea label.

Oh well, just my luck I suppose.

All is good bro since you got a 1-1 exchange... never really hear about quality issue with B8 so probably just a bit unlucky on your end

d3athadd3r

Banned
Reaction score
huh all C8s made in malaysia or

just the ones sold in sg made in msia?

wtf really cheat $

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh all C8s made in malaysia or

just the ones sold in sg made in msia?

wtf really cheat $

The c8 was never ever advertised to be made in korea... I always assume they are made in either malaysia or indonesia, vietnam or even china...

Posted from PCWX using Motorola StarTac

tok_kok

Reaction score
Some retailers said c8 is made in Malaysia, some said Indonesia. I also don’t know who is correct

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.