2018 iPad Pro

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha so it's very 'poisonous'. But I felt having a keyboard and pencil for the iPad Pro is a complete package. =:p
Yes! When it comes to mobile gadgets, it's always poisonous! Hahah I suppose it's also for your needs as well which requires the pen and keyboard? For me not so much of typing so I can save some cash heh :p

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

hellojeffo

Reaction score
Anyway morning all, just to update I have pasted a tempered glass screen protector on the IPP 11" and it's working fine with face ID. However the screen protector doesn't really stick will at the edges, and I don't know is it me or the screen protector sometimes swipes might not be registered as promptly as I want it to be.

I have a feeling that due to the smaller bezels, the palm rejection is more aggressive. With a tempered glass on, it might keep registering "palm touches", resulting in sensitivity drops.

Further, if you lay the iPad flat on the desk or on your bed, the sensitivity worsens a lot! Once you tilt the iPad up in a normal reading position, the sensitivity returns to normal.

I am using some random TGSP bought from Challenger at a cutthroat price

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT

runestyx

Reaction score
Try touching the sides metal part, it will work, also leaving a charging cable connected will not have this prob, seems the tg has some grounding issue.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes! When it comes to mobile gadgets, it's always poisonous! Hahah I suppose it's also for your needs as well which requires the pen and keyboard? For me not so much of typing so I can save some cash heh :p

Yeah I got the pencil for taking notes and to-do list in Notability. The keyboard for typing in forums and other web-related services. So yeah, I use both quite extensively but more on keyboard.

True also if you don’t do much typing as the on-screen keyboard will suffice. I type a lot so yeah...the keyboard makes more sense. :D

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that due to the smaller bezels, the palm rejection is more aggressive. With a tempered glass on, it might keep registering "palm touches", resulting in sensitivity drops.

Further, if you lay the iPad flat on the desk or on your bed, the sensitivity worsens a lot! Once you tilt the iPad up in a normal reading position, the sensitivity returns to normal.

I am using some random TGSP bought from Challenger at a cutthroat price

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 using GAGT
That's the first thing that came to my mind as well. I tried shifting my hands to hold the iPad in different ways and the touches registered more easily when my palm were nowhere on the display.

Guess I have to train myself to hold the iPad 'correctly' haha.
Yeah I got the pencil for taking notes and to-do list in Notability. The keyboard for typing in forums and other web-related services. So yeah, I use both quite extensively but more on keyboard.

True also if you don’t do much typing as the on-screen keyboard will suffice. I type a lot so yeah...the keyboard makes more sense. :D
Hahah yeah but as long as we are happy with our purchase it doesn't matter :D but I do find that the speakers kinda lose out to previous generations. Do you feel it too? I feel that the old iPad pro 12.9inch first gen seemed to have much louder speakers.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah yeah but as long as we are happy with our purchase it doesn't matter :D but I do find that the speakers kinda lose out to previous generations. Do you feel it too? I feel that the old iPad pro 12.9inch first gen seemed to have much louder speakers.

But it’s true that the 12.9” model has louder speakers than the 10.5” but it’s more than sufficient for me as I’m not the type who blasts the speakers, usually I don’t cross more than half.

Not sure about the new Pros but my colleague’s 11” sound is pretty good too, should also be better than my 10.5”. =:p

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
But it’s true that the 12.9” model has louder speakers than the 10.5” but it’s more than sufficient for me as I’m not the type who blasts the speakers, usually I don’t cross more than half.

Not sure about the new Pros but my colleague’s 11” sound is pretty good too, should also be better than my 10.5”. =:p
Hahah I guess it's probably due to the size then cause the old 12.9 sounds dam loud! So I'm quite surprised that this 11 incher doesn't sound that loud lol

rvyne7

Reaction score

>.< I still feel 11" too heavy.... honestly its not the best portable ipad when traveling (reading manga/lite novel on MRT)... I still prefer mini... :p still keeping it though already invested expensive case and screen protector

also bonus for like me own usb-c 4k monitor ... I had to retire my apple tv for this lol

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah I guess it's probably due to the size then cause the old 12.9 sounds dam loud! So I'm quite surprised that this 11 incher doesn't sound that loud lol

The 12.9" has larger speakers so presumably should be louder too. But I suppose shouldn't be an issue about loudness as if on the go would be using earphones or headphones.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
>.< I still feel 11" too heavy.... honestly its not the best portable ipad when traveling (reading manga/lite novel on MRT)... I still prefer mini... :p still keeping it though already invested expensive case and screen protector

also bonus for like me own usb-c 4k monitor ... I had to retire my apple tv for this lol

Yes I still have my mini 4 too but it's just sitting on my table for a long time, occasionally cleaning it but parts of the sides of the original silicone case feels a bit sticky, so means deterioration.

My Apple TV leh....ok lah sometimes I still use it as it's a housewarming gift from my colleague. :D

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score

Hahah the most portable is still mini lah but the thing is I doubt they are gonna upgrade the screen or anything to keep the cost down.
The 12.9" has larger speakers so presumably should be louder too. But I suppose shouldn't be an issue about loudness as if on the go would be using earphones or headphones.
Haha yeah but okay lah. Like what you said most of the time it'll be with headphones.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
I use 10.5 to go out
12.9 for at home play games and watch movies

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
But overall, just enjoy using your new toy! :D
Haha I'm waiting for the backpack that I ordered to arrive before bringing it out. Office laptop bag too small, don't want any mishaps to happen to my iPad haha.
I use 10.5 to go out
At home not use TV to watch movies? Haha

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's backlit still, for now haha. For me I mainly use it for browsing websites and YouTube so a keyboard is not really a must for me haha

The iPad Pro is overkill for your usage haha..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score

rvyne7

Reaction score
I use 10.5 to go out

:p reading manga for long time while standing in crowded train is bit not convenient... space wise and added the weight... or maybe just really used of mini size weight coz prefer reading it using 1 hand for most of the time with 10.5/11" that's hard

Last edited:

JJughead

Reaction score
The 9.7" iPad (2018) is really affordable at <$650 for the 128GB WiFi version. Just placed an order for my daughter.

It's to replace her laggy iPad Air model. She needs the earphone jack for her headphones. The physical Home button would also come in handy for familiarity.

Now considering the 11" and 12.9" iPad Pro for myself. May pass my current iPad Pro (2016 model) to my other daughter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.