Iphone XS Wifi Connectivity

surprisecenter

Reaction score
guys,

would like to check if anyone is facing the same issue?

i have 2 iphones 6s, 1 iphone xs and xs max in my room connected to 5ghz wifi. (living in a old 4-room HDB, the router is just 3 steps away from my room)

it seems like only during gaming (mobile legend) that the XS is facing some connection issue. it lags while the other 3 devices doesn't.

i'm using starhub fibre 1gbps and also the new EA8100.

would like to know if xs has this wifi issue in their soft/hard ware?

another thing is,

i connect directly a cable to the modem of starhub to test its speed.

i'm getting 800-900mbps in IE and Firefox but only 200-300mbps using Google Chrome.

Lan cable cat5e. Test at starhub website.

I need some advice my lovely friends.

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys,

would like to check if anyone is facing the same issue?

i have 2 iphones 6s, 1 iphone xs and xs max in my room connected to 5ghz wifi. (living in a old 4-room HDB, the router is just 3 steps away from my room)

it seems like only during gaming (mobile legend) that the XS is facing some connection issue. it lags while the other 3 devices doesn't.

i'm using starhub fibre 1gbps and also the new EA8100.

would like to know if xs has this wifi issue in their soft/hard ware?

another thing is,

i connect directly a cable to the modem of starhub to test its speed.

i'm getting 800-900mbps in IE and Firefox but only 200-300mbps using Google Chrome.

Lan cable cat5e. Test at starhub website.

I need some advice my lovely friends.

I think is your router, the 8100 quite problematic afaik :( the other devices no problem? If you very sure that’s it’s your xs, then could be your device issue.

Try do reset network settings on your xs

Last edited:

surprisecenter

Reaction score
I think is your router, the 8100 quite problematic afaik :( the other devices no problem? If you very sure that’s it’s your xs, then could be your device issue.

Try do reset network settings on your xs

yea i did actually. i can try again.

if 8100 is really that bad, do you guys have any recommendation for a good router?

now i am concern with the fact that if the problem is really from the phone. how do i gather evidence for apple for a 1 to 1 exchange?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea i did actually. i can try again.

if 8100 is really that bad, do you guys have any recommendation for a good router?

now i am concern with the fact that if the problem is really from the phone. how do i gather evidence for apple for a 1 to 1 exchange?

Don’t 1:1 first, I think you try the public beta first, got ppl say did improve the connectivity better. If really still cannot then you go rma. You try disabling the DFS feature of your 8100 and try again also. How much is Speedtest giving you on the xs? I use RT-AC86U on my XS. No problem. Able to hit 600mbps+ on Speedtest.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Also ensure your ipv6 is disabled. I am using EA8500.... also kan problematic. I was wondering if its my phone (XS Max) or router. My family members also complain to me that they get the spinning circle when at whatsapp connecting..... But when I back to office, bo tai zhi.

I disabled ipv6 and told telco to reset their side too. Problem seems to have gone away. Using M1 by the way...

surprisecenter

Reaction score
Also ensure your ipv6 is disabled. I am using EA8500.... also kan problematic. I was wondering if its my phone (XS Max) or router. My family members also complain to me that they get the spinning circle when at whatsapp connecting..... But when I back to office, bo tai zhi.

I disabled ipv6 and told telco to reset their side too. Problem seems to have gone away. Using M1 by the way...

hello. yes the ipv6 is disabled. i researched and did what they said was good and it did have an improvement for my xs as in when i do video call the call doesn't end saying unstable connection. it improved.

but for the gaming part it's lagging sometimes. sudden lag and after 5s it becomes back to normal and sometimes again. sickening.

Don’t 1:1 first, I think you try the public beta first, got ppl say did improve the connectivity better. If really still cannot then you go rma. You try disabling the DFS feature of your 8100 and try again also. How much is Speedtest giving you on the xs? I use RT-AC86U on my XS. No problem. Able to hit 600mbps+ on Speedtest.

wait what! you get 600mbps on your xs using wifi?! with 5ghz right?

i'm only getting 220-250mbps when just next to the router using 5ghz with my xs.

now please. what is going on? the router sucks? =/ please advise.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello. yes the ipv6 is disabled. i researched and did what they said was good and it did have an improvement for my xs as in when i do video call the call doesn't end saying unstable connection. it improved.

but for the gaming part it's lagging sometimes. sudden lag and after 5s it becomes back to normal and sometimes again. sickening.

i'm only getting 220-250mbps when just next to the router using 5ghz with my xs.

Ya I get 600+mbps on my XS Max on 5ghz in my room. Hahaha. Is your hardware la, the router problematic. :s22:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What hardware u got ?

I thought I mentioned? RT-AC86U from ASUS. I tonight upload pic of Speedtest.

gpgt just in case

A734icz.png

surprisecenter

Reaction score
gpgt just in case

A734icz.png

can i know what is QOS?

what router are you using?

also, when you guys say hardware. you guys referring to the router or xs hardware?

can someone like guide me please. you can whatsapp me at 81382066

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i know what is QOS?

what router are you using?

also, when you guys say hardware. you guys referring to the router or xs hardware?

can someone like guide me please. you can whatsapp me at 81382066

I say at least 3 times liao in this thread, I USING RT-AC86U BY ASUS :s13:
hardware = router
:s22:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest I feel my iPhone X’s max has a much weaker wifi connectivity in terms of range compared to my other devices like iPad Pro 12.9 second gen and iPhone 7 Plus. I am using triple ASUS router setup, AIMESH, using rog rapture 5300 as main router, dual ac88u, one connected by wire and another one wireless. Yeah close range I can hit 660mbps but when go far away... cannot even connect whereas the other devices can show great signal.

At my grandma house... I’m also using starhub Linksys E8100 router too... similar results

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.