Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine Front is Dunlop normal tire and Rear is Conti RFT. All used. :s13:
My current setup is

front - Conti MC6 225/45/17 (New in 2018)
Rear - Conti CSC5 225/45/17 (Old in 2017)

Almost need to rotate my front to rear liao.
need replace rear tire, anywhere to get used conti tirein sg / jb

will the shop show u the tiredepth before purchased of the used trye?
I am thinking getting used Micheil PS4, where in sg got sell second hand?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current setup is

front - Conti MC6 225/45/17 (New in 2018)
Rear - Conti CSC5 225/45/17 (Old in 2017)

Almost need to rotate my front to rear liao.
need replace rear tire, anywhere to get used conti tirein sg / jb

will the shop show u the tiredepth before purchased of the used trye?
I am thinking getting used Micheil PS4, where in sg got sell second hand?

I got mine used set via carousel. You need to verify tread depth before installation.
I asked a few in JB recently for my size but no luck.
You can try:
1. BC Tyres & Sports Rim. This one quite far from JB. +6018782 0199.
2. NYK Auto Service- JB. +6016786 6083
3. Tyre Mart Service Center. +6010535 4720

Good luck:)

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah but wondering how come the 15/16" can get in JB but not bigger?

was driving getz previously so know 15" tyres is way cheaper there.

is there a Toyota C-HR group anywhere? cant find it.
google turns up a group but i think that is set up by a PI for selling that car previously

15/16 size, need to know which brand then check around. If brand not important, JB should be cheaper. :s13:
Boleh land car usually this two sizes. So you know why cheaper there.

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Issit okay to use 2nd hand trye left a lot of meat?

Anyone of u use different trye for front and back. I mean different brand

Can but I would always prefer newer ones. I would avoid if it's 2016 which is like 2 years old already, though I'm currently using 2016 ones :s13:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear all
I would like to bring own barang and approach ahyuan - labour.
20k interval.
Pls advise

Ahh.. don't be so obvious with the engine oil or parts. Keep somewhere can't see one else later kenna "taxed" at the kastam.

You can arrange appt with him or walk-in also ok. Bring some water to drink before going. Set GPS & drive there :o

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
yah but wondering how come the 15/16" can get in JB but not bigger?

was driving getz previously so know 15" tyres is way cheaper there.

is there a Toyota C-HR group anywhere? cant find it.
google turns up a group but i think that is set up by a PI for selling that car previously

Yes bro. Facebook, look for COGS. There's a Telegram group.

HellHunter

Reaction score
Black listed Ah Wee long long time ago.... Heard or pass by this shop makes be *&@#. Seen many SG cars whenever i pass by this shop, i was like good luck to these owners... lolz

I think Sheng Auto got do number plates too... You may want to ask Jackson for a quote.

Carrots :( Oh well, as long as they feel they got a good deal.. ignorance is bliss.. :o

Yup, I WhatsAppd Jackson he quoted RM170 for a pair also. May do from him cos the other shop X Line gave me address for another shop to go and order which is a bit further in.

You may try to following:
I went last year before but most design suit their local.

Terima kasih abang :o PM'd them on FB they said have, RM200 for a set and RM220 for a polished one..I asked if have sample photo to see the difference, they sent this but I can't seem to tell them apart :s22:
47206829_1751884131590047_5343717963729993728_n.jpg

I also got quote RM300 from Lightrix for backlit no. plate pair...looks quite chio :o Never see in SG though..think there was some discussion about this here some time back..need to go dig..

47054584_1019555521549355_265777584208347136_n.jpg

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carrots :( Oh well, as long as they feel they got a good deal.. ignorance is bliss.. :o

Yup, I WhatsAppd Jackson he quoted RM170 for a pair also. May do from him cos the other shop X Line gave me address for another shop to go and order which is a bit further in.

Terima kasih abang :o PM'd them on FB they said have, RM200 for a set and RM220 for a polished one..I asked if have sample photo to see the difference, they sent this but I can't seem to tell them apart :s22:
47206829_1751884131590047_5343717963729993728_n.jpg

I also got quote RM300 from Lightrix for backlit no. plate pair...looks quite chio :o Never see in SG though..think there was some discussion about this here some time back..need to go dig..

47054584_1019555521549355_265777584208347136_n.jpg

Lighted car plate last time nightconceptz and bigboyz claimed it's LTA friendly....after that no news.

I did come across a few cars fitted with this - really very beautiful

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

HellHunter

Reaction score
read a few comments on tyres.

18" michelin PS4 worth it to get in JB?

Thanks

Not usually :( The bigger tyres there are more ex than SG.

18" maybe not ideal to go JB ba.
Need to compare around.

PM HellHunter; he always seem to got good lobang for tires?

Ah, eh, no la.. :o I just keep hunting around for deals..
Although I know that generally, LCH(not bros) has the best tyre prices unless one of the other shops got promo-
LCH Batteries & Tyres
54, Jalan Nakhoda 2, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-554 7099

Issit okay to use 2nd hand trye left a lot of meat?

Anyone of u use different trye for front and back. I mean different brand

Used tyres are fine, just know the things to lookout for-
No older than 5 years
Check the rubber thoroughly to ensure no cracks are forming, the sidewall is proper etc. Got guides online how to inspect a used tyre.

It isn't an issue. Just match the tyre on each axle. Don't front left one type front right another type..although some people(including me :o) have used different tyres also and your car won't explode la bro but supposedly may affect handling or something..there was no significant difference for me..ymmv =:p The general advice is, and I still prefer to match the same tyre for each axle..where possible.

Can but I would always prefer newer ones. I would avoid if it's 2016 which is like 2 years old already, though I'm currently using 2016 ones :s13:

Aiya 2016 still new la :s13: Rubber can last quite long if not abused or stored improperly..US govt.(and others) regulation is no older than 5 years if I'm not wrong.. Just need to monitor the condition and replace if cracks start forming etc.

Ahh.. don't be so obvious with the engine oil or parts. Keep somewhere can't see one else later kenna "taxed" at the kastam.

I learnt this the very hard way :mad: what I was bringing in wasn't even new or to be fitted in JB but I couldn't prove that it's used and I wasn't getting it fitted that night..so pay la..

Just take the green channel, far left and far right lane depending on which counter you clear..they very rarely check there, of course best also to unseal the engine oil bottle so even if they check can just say your engine leaks and it's for top up and drive. Just put in plastic bag with some dirty rags. ;)

HellHunter

Reaction score
Lighted car plate last time nightconceptz and bigboyz claimed it's LTA friendly....after that no news.

I did come across a few cars fitted with this - really very beautiful

Wah make me more steam to get it..I Pm'd them to ask if they know LTA friendly or not.. it'll look really good on my wall also once my car scraps although I need to sort out the wiring :s13:

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine used set via carousel. You need to verify tread depth before installation.
I asked a few in JB recently for my size but no luck.
You can try:
1. BC Tyres & Sports Rim. This one quite far from JB. +6018782 0199.
2. NYK Auto Service- JB. +6016786 6083
3. Tyre Mart Service Center. +6010535 4720

Good luck:)

Okay bro. Will WA these shop to check.

How about Singapore? Used tires.

Kim hoe and AL tyres , this 2 names I alwyss see in caroseull.
Anyone can intro.

sentsggirls

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not usually :( The bigger tyres there are more ex than SG.

Ah, eh, no la.. :o I just keep hunting around for deals..
Although I know that generally, LCH(not bros) has the best tyre prices unless one of the other shops got promo-
LCH Batteries & Tyres
54, Jalan Nakhoda 2, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
+60 7-554 7099

Used tyres are fine, just know the things to lookout for-
No older than 5 years
Check the rubber thoroughly to ensure no cracks are forming, the sidewall is proper etc. Got guides online how to inspect a used tyre.

It isn't an issue. Just match the tyre on each axle. Don't front left one type front right another type..although some people(including me :o) have used different tyres also and your car won't explode la bro but supposedly may affect handling or something..there was no significant difference for me..ymmv =:p The general advice is, and I still prefer to match the same tyre for each axle..where possible.

Aiya 2016 still new la :s13: Rubber can last quite long if not abused or stored improperly..US govt.(and others) regulation is no older than 5 years if I'm not wrong.. Just need to monitor the condition n replace

Yah bro. I usually change in a pair. Same brand for one axle.
I usually change 35-40k mileage for tires.

How come this shop will sell used tire. Issit trade in from other cars to buy new tires.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kimxia for friendly reminder.
On the same note, is it v far from ciq?
Really need set offline gps, MY horland no joke
Ahh.. don't be so obvious with the engine oil or parts. Keep somerwhere can't see one else later kenna "taxed" at the kastam.

You can arrange appt with him or walk-in also ok. Bring some water to drink before going. Set GPS & drive there :o

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay bro. Will WA these shop to check.

How about Singapore? Used tires.

Kim hoe and AL tyres , this 2 names I alwyss see in caroseull.
Anyone can intro.

I used to go to AL tyres for many years before I switched to Bolehland.

Al tyres, Guan lee both can try. Especially Guan Lee, very very honest.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah make me more steam to get it..I Pm'd them to ask if they know LTA friendly or not.. it'll look really good on my wall also once my car scraps although I need to sort out the wiring :s13:

so for 17" PS4, SG or JB?:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.