NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

poppyave

Reaction score
Ah good theory! Sorry Im abit blur, the application was for pgde/ dipEd right? What’s the difference?

pgde stands for postgraduate diploma in education!! so u gotta be post grad to apply for that. else it's diped

sunnysideupp

Reaction score
To all those who have gone for medical, have you guys graduated? Anyone graduating next year May?

I’m graduating in May next year but I havnt receive any shortlisted email although the status changed to shortlisted. Wondering if they are pushing back my application since it’s not urgent

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
I’m graduating in May next year but I havnt receive any shortlisted email although the status changed to shortlisted. Wondering if they are pushing back my application since it’s not urgent

I’m graduating in May too, and even though I have received an email from them stating that I’m shortlisted, they also added that my appointment is subjected to my submission of official transcript. I think they’re accepting those who have graduated/ or are done this sem because they’re starting in Feb. Guess we won’t hear from them till nearer our graduation then 😅

Last edited:

Cesium-137

Reaction score
i'm really anxious for the official offer to come in. Im supposed to take a lead on a new project at work(for next year), but if im starting teaching in feb then i might not want to take it up.

anyone knows when they will start offering the contracts for the feb openings?

huangsandra

Reaction score
i'm really anxious for the official offer to come in. Im supposed to take a lead on a new project at work(for next year), but if im starting teaching in feb then i might not want to take it up.

anyone knows when they will start offering the contracts for the feb openings?

Maybe you can call or email MOE HR,I did my medical check up in early Oct,and still waiting for the updates.

Panda2082

Reaction score
I’m graduating in May too, and even though I have received an email from them stating that I’m shortlisted, they also added that my appointment is subjected to my submission of official transcript. I think they’re accepting those who have graduated/ or are done this sem because they’re starting in Feb. Guess we won’t hear from them till nearer our graduation then 😅

Hello! Not sure about the mid career switches but just to put your mind at ease, the same batch as you (but one year before - same interview period) officially signed their untrained teaching contract in early March of this year (graduated May this year). So I don’t think many heard about the official signing till maybe feb? Following that timeline you’ll officially start near the end of June. Don’t worry because once you’re shortlisted + clear medical, you’re more or less on your way :) congrats!

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
Hello! Not sure about the mid career switches but just to put your mind at ease, the same batch as you (but one year before - same interview period) officially signed their untrained teaching contract in early March of this year (graduated May this year). So I don’t think many heard about the official signing till maybe feb? Following that timeline you’ll officially start near the end of June. Don’t worry because once you’re shortlisted + clear medical, you’re more or less on your way :) congrats!

Hi Panda, thank you so much for the encouragement and for the sense of hope !!!! 🙏🏻✨

Valvani

Reaction score
Just got my rejection letter and this is my 7th application. So demoralize to reapply. Sainz..

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Just got my rejection letter and this is my 7th application. So demoralize to reapply. Sainz..

hi valvani, i remembered they called you to switch to pri school eng?
the fact that you didnt get the rejection email after the 4 weeks mark, probably meant that they did consider you strongly.

As you might know due to our falling birth rates and shrinking enrollment at the JC levels means that secondary school places are extremely competitive. If you are really keen to teach (regardless of the level) then you should consider applying for the primary school level where you will face lesser competition(due to the fact that most applicants prefer to teach at secondary levels) and also more vacancies are available(with all pri schools moving from double to single sessions).

In the mean time try to pursue your other interest. For me i almost gave up at my 4th application, what i did from my 2nd application to my 4th was i started volunteering for free , teaching tuition at the local community centre for 1 year . Besides the experience i got , i felt that allowed me to validate my claims on why i really wanted to make teaching my career and i felt that sat really well with the interviewers . Before the last interview i told myself that this would be my last time applying , and i was going to give my best . I prepared for my presentation way in advance , watched countless youtube videos for lesson inspiration , rehearsed all the lines and memorized the entire 5 mins presentation . Maybe give yourself one final shot at it(might have to wait 6 months , else they wont consider your application anyway).

in any case , cheer up. Where there is life , there is hope!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.