Sony tablet battery replacement

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to do this?

Tried Sony at 313 but they dont stock battery any more. Guess Sony is out of the tablet biz now.

Thought of jalan jalan Sim Lim Sq to see if anyone can do that but would be great if someone knows of a shop.

Thanks

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try iRepair... google for their website...

Anyway which model are you referring to?

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try iRepair... google for their website...

Anyway which model are you referring to?

Mine is sgp712 which is sony z4. The last model before they stop making.

Anyway got a shop at sim lim sq to order the parts. 80 to 100 bucks.

If dont want to wait then another shop ask 150.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh... that's pretty reasonable if they also include repair cost in that $80-100... I'm still using the first Tablet Z... battery still very strong... but I use very lightly...

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh... that's pretty reasonable if they also include repair cost in that $80-100... I'm still using the first Tablet Z... battery still very strong... but I use very lightly...

The Tab Z that my dad is using is still going strong too. But battery is clearly not good after so many years.

To be honest, I don't think it is worthwhile paying 100 bucks for a battery replacement when there are faster tablets out there that is not too expensive, i.e. Xiaomi MiPad 4. While it is a waste since the tablet works properly, but investing 100 bucks on the battery does not mean the other parts will not fail.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 doesn't have global ROM and the LTE doesn't work with my Starhub mobile data SIM... not worth it...

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update

Ok got it done for 80 bucks. Guy who did it is quite honest. Quoted 80 to 100 and final amount is 80.

Typimg this on the tablet now.

xmanx88

Reaction score
try looking through those China online stores... you maybe able to get them at a good deal...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.