First IT Certification should be?

Thylrr

Reaction score
Hi All, I've got a diploma in IT from MDIS which teaches pretty much the very basics. So I was thinking of getting a certification to further improve myself and help me get a better job. My goal is to get Network Security job. What are the Certifications that I should try to get for me to reach my goal?

nuser2466

Reaction score
Depend on what is your focus. Security and openstack seems to be the in thing now. In the future mainly software defined infrastructure. Better start learning programming language like Python.

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Depend on what is your focus. Security and openstack seems to be the in thing now. In the future mainly software defined infrastructure. Better start learning programming language like Python.

Python and JavaScript both are the most popular programming languages at the moment.

ztleee

Reaction score
CCNA would be a good choice, you can start from CCENT. Can go browse ntuc learning hub to find out more.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.