idevices lightning cable

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
besides buying from apple store or distributor, where else can we buy quality and fast charging cable?

tried a few brands, few months later has this loosen or random connectivity issues and seems the plain no brand white cable supplied by apple devices is the most lasting ones.:D

tot of buying same looking white cables from accessories shop, but worry it'll end up the same..:D:(

warehaws

Reaction score
we are using 3x Verbatim (2-yrs warranty) and can buy from Popular bookstore.
all more 3yrs now and still ok.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheapest MFi cable is probably e miniso one. braided too.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
besides buying from apple store or distributor, where else can we buy quality and fast charging cable?

tried a few brands, few months later has this loosen or random connectivity issues and seems the plain no brand white cable supplied by apple devices is the most lasting ones.:D

tot of buying same looking white cables from accessories shop, but worry it'll end up the same..:D:(

I’m afraid to say, even though I’m a fervent Apple fan, their cable is not of the best quality. I’ll always use Anker. Superb quality with faultless customer service (US).

yotoden

Reaction score
Apple one still most reliable if used for iTunes backup or upgrade.

Despite Verbatim has been very good for charging, sometime when I do iTunes it will just fails.

Anyone use Amazon Basic lightning? Looks good too.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
power support one is good and it comes with matching colours as iPhones.

The space grey one is nice even the cable itself is space grey and not only the connector.

Built is quite nice and solid too.

Luffy Pirate King

Reaction score

Despite Verbatim has been very good for charging, sometime when I do iTunes it will just fails.

I was about to buy amazon basic lightning during BF at $8.xx using Prime now, then i scroll down for the review, most of the user say the cable is crap and almost caught fire. Then my ball shrink liao never buy :(

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was about to buy amazon basic lightning during BF at $8.xx using Prime now, then i scroll down for the review, most of the user say the cable is crap and almost caught fire. Then my ball shrink liao never buy :(

y not get e miniso one. braided more durable.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I’m using the Amazon Braided Cable.
I got it when Amazon Prime first launched in SG. They had a promo for $20 off $50. Paid around $30 for 3 cables after discount. Still going strong after a year of use.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had enough of problems with Apple lightening cables (S$28/pc, 6 already broken or nearly broken, 2 are still in service with protection sleeves), change to Challenger Valore brand (S$14/pc, 2 broken, 2 retractable one still working as backup use) and now settled on to ugreen 绿联 MFI cable from Taobao (S$9/pc, 1broken, 4 in service and 3 just received). Total 6 devices in use — 5 iPhones and one iPad Mini 1, soon another iPad 2018 will join.

Kids are the main culprit for the broken cables but Apple lightening cables are also pretty weak due to the material used.

Edit to add:
Ugreen is pretty good, top selling brand for MFi cables in Taobao.

Lazada also have. S$9.14/pc
https://s.lazada.sg/s.YoSJ

BTW, do not buy non-MFi cables, got three of them from Challenger and later iOS did not recognise the cable.

Last edited:

yotoden

Reaction score
Anyone tried those magnetic type? Very similar to MagSafe design.

Wanted to try but don’t know which one to go for.

All my Apple original still serving well, no problem.

warehaws

Reaction score
try the Verbatim brand. give it a try..
2 years warranty and is available in popular bookstore, is around $20

there are kids at home and sometimes pulling cable incorrectly from ipad,
these are bought 2014-November and still working as of today even with ios12 (2 lightning cable). we have total 4 of them now at home. all ok.

I did try some brands;
energea nylontough - it died after a year.
energea alutough - 2 years now still ok.

I had enough of problems with Apple lightening cables (S$28/pc, 6 already broken or nearly broken, 2 are still in service with protection sleeves), change to Challenger Valore brand (S$14/pc, 2 broken, 2 retractable one still working as backup use) and now settled on to ugreen 绿联 MFI cable from Taobao (S$9/pc, 1broken, 4 in service and 3 just received). Total 6 devices in use — 5 iPhones and one iPad Mini 1, soon another iPad 2018 will join.

Kids are the main culprit for the broken cables but Apple lightening cables are also pretty weak due to the material used.

Edit to add:
Ugreen is pretty good, top selling brand for MFi cables in Taobao.

Lazada also have. S$9.14/pc
https://s.lazada.sg/s.YoSJ

BTW, do not buy non-MFi cables, got three of them from Challenger and later iOS did not recognise the cable.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try the Verbatim brand. give it a try..
2 years warranty and is available in popular bookstore, is around $20

there are kids at home and sometimes pulling cable incorrectly from ipad,
these are bought 2014-November and still working as of today even with ios12 (2 lightning cable). we have total 4 of them now at home. all ok.

I did try some brands;
energea nylontough - it died after a year.
energea alutough - 2 years now still ok.

Thanks for the info. Ugreen is okay and cheaper. Pulling of cable is routine affairs... The only Ugreen broken is damaged by my son— he stepped on the connector and slipped a bit and then the gold platings were gone for some contacts.

I believe none of the lightening cable can pass this test. :-(

warehaws

Reaction score
have.. the verbatim survived pulling and stepping by kids.

buy those with >2 years warranty
some are publishing stronger connector too.

you may also wait for your son to grow up some months and he will take care of it :)

Thanks for the info. Ugreen is okay and cheaper. Pulling of cable is routine affairs... The only Ugreen broken is damaged by my son— he stepped on the connector and slipped a bit and then the gold platings were gone for some contacts.

I believe none of the lightening cable can pass this test. :-(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.