Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Almost 3 years since I started this thread! Lots of fellow members here have been profiting a lot since then, me included. Sad that they will be cutting i/r to 70% of SIBOR and increasing min sum to 70k, but I believe impact is minimal. 10% of SIBOR is only 0.16%...

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
150K & 70K i dont have :(

if no 70K mean no interest? have to close ah?

kehyi4

Reaction score
With 150k inside how much will interest drop ?
The drop will be 0.1 x average SIBOR

Average NOV SIBOR is 1.61724 (accurate up to 23 Nov) so the difference will be 0.1617%-ish

For 150k account, that works out to be around -$19.93 for 30-day month, and -$20.60 for 31-day month. Broadly speaking, we should be expecting about $20 less per month

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
once new terms confirmed, i m gonna reduce my joint account balance to $10, sacrificing the 2 counters earned so far ...

Zr

Reaction score
with this new cap coming in jan. starting a new account that amount still worth it mah? or advise switch to something for the saving will be better?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why $10 ? Fall below fee if less than 10k ?

Minimum is covered by main single account

... maybe sacrifice existing 10k until counter 6 then withdraw

not sure which is better choice ...

... terms change, so have to adapt

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with this new cap coming in jan. starting a new account that amount still worth it mah? or advise switch to something for the saving will be better?

it makes the opportunity cost that much higher ...

does it make sense to open with 15k, avoid fall below, earning just 0.1% incremental monthly, letting counter accumulate, then top up in 10-12 months time ?

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Almost 3 years since I started this thread! Lots of fellow members here have been profiting a lot since then, me included. Sad that they will be cutting i/r to 70% of SIBOR and increasing min sum to 70k, but I believe impact is minimal. 10% of SIBOR is only 0.16%...
Yeah loh. May be they already done study and predict Sibor will go up further. If it reaches 1.7, which is not very unlikely, base interest will still maintain at around 1.2%.

Don't care lah. Tomorrow wake up collect interest first...

JetStorm

Reaction score
Why $10 ? Fall below fee if less than 10k ?
Fall below fee i thought is 15k? Anyway i will wait for official announcement on their webpage before transferring out as me dun have 70k... website still states the old tnc tho.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Tay Wen Hao

Reaction score
Not worth if you are just starting...

For me i already reached counter 12 but no 70k. But i gues sill still keep it cause of the 1.2% bonus (still higher than most accounts given that no other criteria is needed)

it makes the opportunity cost that much higher ...

does it make sense to open with 15k, avoid fall below, earning just 0.1% incremental monthly, letting counter accumulate, then top up in 10-12 months time ?

Tay Wen Hao

Reaction score
You can consider SSB. The rates going up roughly 1.9-2% for the first year already.

Good option similar to this as you cant really withdraw the money but if really need it for emergency, it can be taken out within a month. (The cost is only $2)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.