Malaysia prepaid card

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have returned from my Malaysia trip, cheapest prepaid card is 15rm n u need to top extra 10 to last 7 day w data

Most telco shop sells 40-45rm only small stalls sell cheaper .

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the physical store itself, have i seen wrongly? I tend to mix xpax with onexox

Physical store? Do you mean a OneXOX dealer shop or a shop opened by OneXOX themselves?

If it's a dealer shop, I've no comments coz I'm aware that not all dealers have the complete knowledge of their products.

OneXOX Prepaid Plan

xtemujin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make a call to another handphone to get the number or self sms.

你静静啦!!!!!;117849129 said:
I forgotten my phone number 😂😂, can't register to use that app

Aresden

Reaction score
Physical store? Do you mean a OneXOX dealer shop or a shop opened by OneXOX themselves?

If it's a dealer shop, I've no comments coz I'm aware that not all dealers have the complete knowledge of their products.

OneXOX Prepaid Plan

Just read the link u sent me, based on my understanding they tend to offer the data-carryover. My problem is, too many plans to choose from(onexox,onexox black, season plan, fat data plan etc.).

Any summary/help from seasoned onexox users?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just read the link u sent me, based on my understanding they tend to offer the data-carryover. My problem is, too many plans to choose from(onexox,onexox black, season plan, fat data plan etc.).

Any summary/help from seasoned onexox users?

They've 2 types of SIM cards/plans - OneXOX Prepaid, and OneXOX Black which I was told it's like (or works like?) a combo of prepaid and postpaid. Back when I got my OneXOX, there's only 1 type and it works for me so I've not gone to find out more about Black. From what I understand, there are not many Black users around.

Season Pass is what that link has described/explained. It basically works like a wallet.

FAT Data Plans are just different types of data packs for you to withdraw from Season Pass or subscribe directly, the latter which will result in a deduction of your credit balance.

Maybe it'd be easier for you to get one of the dealers (can search either the Travel Bazaar here, or past discussions where dealers in SG were recommended by existing users), and get him to explain to you according to your usage needs/pattern.

Last edited:

nasfieldjohn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those prepaid starter pack from maxis
after 1 week, the number will be scrapped?
can still reuse by topping up?

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any maxi prepaid data card with long validity like the onexox?

I've been using onexox and observed that the celcom network wasn't good. Wanted to try other telco liao.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They've 2 types of SIM cards/plans - OneXOX Prepaid, and OneXOX Black which I was told it's like (or works like?) a combo of prepaid and postpaid. Back when I got my OneXOX, there's only 1 type and it works for me so I've not gone to find out more about Black. From what I understand, there are not many Black users around.

Season Pass is what that link has described/explained. It basically works like a wallet.

FAT Data Plans are just different types of data packs for you to withdraw from Season Pass or subscribe directly, the latter which will result in a deduction of your credit balance.

Maybe it'd be easier for you to get one of the dealers (can search either the Travel Bazaar here, or past discussions where dealers in SG were recommended by existing users), and get him to explain to you according to your usage needs/pattern.

my onexox going to expire May 2019 ....ties really flies.....
season pass already finished long time
so i just rm3 1 gb per day or rm10 2gb /7days depending on my trip
great value card!!!!!!!!!!

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any maxi prepaid data card with long validity like the onexox?

I've been using onexox and observed that the celcom network wasn't good. Wanted to try other telco liao.

been 4g 90% of time
which area u went and how bad ? :s8:

i feel signal comparable to MAXIS aka singtel of MY

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been 4g 90% of time
which area u went and how bad ? :s8:

i feel signal comparable to MAXIS aka singtel of MY
Just JB alone. The signal fluctuates until I cant even game at all. Always drop signal every now and then.

I don't recall having such issue when I use hotlink last time. I've also checked with some mysian frens and they also commented celcom cmi in JB area.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just JB alone. The signal fluctuates until I cant even game at all. Always drop signal every now and then.

I don't recall having such issue when I use hotlink last time. I've also checked with some mysian frens and they also commented celcom cmi in JB area.

than stick with hotlink

all my kaki onexox no problem JB even inside deep deep spa area haha

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
Good info, so for Digi prepaid, buy rm$1 SSL to extend validity 75 days.

But if only I once a year, Dec go Malaysia, and don't need to keep the number, is it slightly cheaper and less hassle to buy a new $8 Digi starter pack with rm$5 value inside?

And can I buy extra Digi starter pack to keep, don't open and keep for one year? What's the expiry to start using?

Yes, Digi Best prepaid has inactive/passive period of 75days...
If your Digi Best prepaid's validity is till 11th Sep 2018 -- that means your Digi Best prepaid is active till 11th Sep 2018.

After 11th Sep 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 11th Sep 2018 + 75days.
In this case -- inactive period will be from 12th Sep 2018 to 25th Nov 2018 (11th Sep 2018 + 75days ==> will be till 25th Nov 2018)

On 25th Nov 2018, if you extend/renew validity by buying RM1 SLL (Super Long Life), your Digi Best prepaid will be active again for 24hrs (1 day) -- till 26th Nov 2018.

After 26th Nov 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 26th Nov 2018 + 75days.

Is the above clear enough? :)

Also -- ANYTIME (during inactive/passive period) if you reload/top up -- your Digi prepaid will become active.
Each RM1 you reload gives you 1 day active for the Digi prepaid.

If you do a single reload of RM5, you get 5 days active period for your Digi prepaid.
If you do a single reload of RM10, you get 10 days active period for your Digi prepaid, etc.

Note: the active period you get on your Digi prepaid for reload -- does not stack.

Yes, you can extend/renew validity on the Digi prepaid by buying the RM1 SLL when in Singapore :)

You can buy the RM1 SLL either by:
(1) Using USSD code.
(2) Using the Digi app.

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about paying RM1 to extend validity on Digi prepaid via USSD code HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105692913-post4699.html

The service to deduct money from Digi prepaid card balance -- in order to PAY & BUY active/validity period is called SLL (Super Long Life).

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about Digi prepaid SLL (Super Long Life) HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105695966-post4701.html

Extend validity by buying RM1 SLL is just paying RM1 to buy 1 day active period for the Digi prepaid -- you're not buying any data.

AFAIK, (As far as I know),
From 2017 onwards, newly bought Digi prepaid SIM cards all comes with FREE basic Internet.

That means, if your Digi BEST prepaid comes with FREE basic Internet, you have FREE Internet access (at slow 64kbps speed up to 500MB/mth) -- without the need to buy any data plan.

If 64kbps is too slow for you, you can always buy any Digi prepaid data plan.
You'll have 4G/LTE full speed Internet after you buy (any) data plan on your Digi prepaid.

You can buy data plan for your Digi prepaid either via USSD code (*116#) or via the Digi app.

(Internet speed on the Digi prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the prepaid data plan you bought expired or you used up the mobile data quota in the data plan.)

Note: You can only access Internet when your Digi Prepaid is active !!

Even if you buy data plan during inactive/passive period -- you cannot use the data plan (or use the FREE basic Internet) to access Internet on the Digi prepaid.

You can only access Internet on the Digi prepaid once it is active.

Both Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid has respective pros & cons.
Which is "better" depends on your usage requirements.

(Since this post is getting long & tedious, I'll refrain from discussing the differences between Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid here.)

It's best (pun intended) you go find out the differences between Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid -- and decide for yourself which one suits your usage better :)

Digi BEST prepaid no longer seems to be listed on the Digi prepaid Web site:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

So not sure whether Digi BEST prepaid is still being sold or not.

Back to the issue of buying RM1 SLL on the Digi Best prepaid...

Personally, if I need to buy RM1 SLL -- my habit is to try & buy it on the inactive period 74th day -- instead of on 75th day.

Why?
If I'm busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 74th day -- I can still buy the RM1 SLL on (next day) 75th day.

If you're busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 75th day -- then you can no longer buy RM1 SLL on (next day) 76th day.

If no reload/top up done or no SLL purchased within 75 days inactive period -- on the 76th day the Digi Best prepaid card will be terminated.

Hope the above helps.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
than stick with hotlink

all my kaki onexox no problem JB even inside deep deep spa area haha

Uh of cos I'm gonna try hotlink. That's why I asked if anyone knows if there's a long validity prepaid plan for it.

youhsueh

Reaction score
And can I buy extra Digi starter pack to keep, don't open and keep for one year? What's the expiry to start using?

Don't think can.. I bought before a prepaid sim card and keep.. Did not put sim card in phone.. Few weeks later go in Malaysia try to use the sim card but it wasn't able to connect to any network.

In the end go back to the retailer, retailer mentioned that telco will auto unregister the sim card if the card is not used within a couple of days. Just need to re-register by scanning passport again.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol my prepaid xox got charged for rcvg their advertising sms while in sg...
RM2.50/message sia

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uh of cos I'm gonna try hotlink. That's why I asked if anyone knows if there's a long validity prepaid plan for it.

prepaid hotlink no long validity from what i know

if have i will get them too if price is right

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any 1 knows if the 3rm for 1day 1 gb promo for digi still available at city square jb?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.