Which card should I use for train rides?

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry if i've posted this in the wrong sub-forum - I just wanted to ask which credit/debit smrt card is the best to earn rebates etc. for my daily train commute to and from office everyday? I'm currently using the normal ezlink card but I suppose there's a better way to make the most out of my rides. Thanks!

fun4life

Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry if i've posted this in the wrong sub-forum - I just wanted to ask which credit/debit smrt card is the best to earn rebates etc. for my daily train commute to and from office everyday? I'm currently using the normal ezlink card but I suppose there's a better way to make the most out of my rides. Thanks!

BoC Qoo10 Mastercard for 20% rebate currently.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Wow thanks, I shall check that out (seems like the rebates are in Qmoney though?). Any other cards to consider? :)

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks, I shall check that out (seems like the rebates are in Qmoney though?). Any other cards to consider? :)

The qmoney earned from the card can be withdrawn to your bank account ie as good as cash

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool! That's a good alternative, but yeah no rebates it seems.

Also just realised that the BOC q100 world card has a min. spend of $600/month to enjoy the 20% train rebates. My current spending is not so excessive leh and spread over other cards haha

Well there is always a min spend requirement for higher rebate. What is your spending like? Have to strategize.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Well there is always a min spend requirement for higher rebate. What is your spending like? Have to strategize.
That's true. Hmm I think my monthly spending is about $300-400ish. How best to strategise.. any tips? Haha. Most of my expenses are charged to AMEX Krisflyer card for miles and Citi rewards card for shopping. And UOB preferred platinum for shops that accept paywave. Not sure if this is a good strategy though..

I think I will get the Citi SMRT card for the 1.7% rebate (for now).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.