Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

townman

Reaction score
I dislike phones with notch or curved screen. But between the two I rather have a phone with a small notch than a curved display.

At least, Huawei allow user to choose display without notch, I personally turn of the notch since I not too particular with this affect full screen display

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine also show one year warranty on hicare app. Been like tt since P9/mate 9 era

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I game and surf mainly on phone. Would love the 7in size but 1080... Even on p10pro, we got 1400

Sent from 10char using GAGT
Take mate 20pro loh... It has a Sammy s9+.
With its 4200mah...batt is not a concern
Same processor as Mate 20X

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I game and surf mainly on phone. Would love the 7in size but 1080... Even on p10pro, we got 1400

Sent from 10char using GAGT

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Qua...an-people-actually-see-the-difference_id69856

https://www.androidauthority.com/1080p-or-quad-hd-all-about-battery-life-892120/

Last but not least -

https://www.androidpit.com/smartphone-displays-explained

Personally, unless you're a graphic ***** then 1440p is the way to go. But if a (possible) longer battery life and a bigger screen is more important to you, just settle for a mate 20 X.

Worst case scenario - get a note10 instead when it comes out next year.

Reaction score
Note 9 has 516 ppi whereas Mate 20 X has 346 ppi. Simply no comparison. Get Note 9 for the sharp display or Mate 20 X for the big display.

Personally I prefer the Mate 20 X as I don't like curved display, they serve no practical purpose besides looking cool and cause reflection when watching YouTube, they are also more prone to damage when dropped.

Have observed a lot of cracked Note 8 & Note 9 screen when traveling on the bus and train. Lastly difficult and expensive to use screen protector on a curved display.

I dislike phones with notch or curved screen. But between the two I rather have a phone with a small notch than a curved display.

I agree w this too.

rsmmcan

Reaction score
Looks like 1038 is getting expensive for us. I contacted courts thru fb but they are still checking with the relevant department. Will be asking for a refund if no news by this week.

Just recieved a call from them for self collection. Do engage them on fb.

Agent51

Reaction score
Anyone used Nillkin protector before? I found on carousell 20 with free back protector and lens protector.
Is it a good deal?

Sent from HUAWEI HMA-L29 using GAGT

laeticia

Reaction score
Anyone used Nillkin protector before? I found on carousell 20 with free back protector and lens protector.
Is it a good deal?

Sent from HUAWEI HMA-L29 using GAGT
I ordered mine from Shopee yet to arrive. Got it cheaper but I have coins and code to deduct

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20X using GAGT

quasar89

Reaction score
How is the default screen protector? Anyone recommend getting separate screen and camera screen protectors?

striker22

Reaction score
You can use the default protector. It is good enough. Once it starts to peel, then you can look to change, by then there will be alot more options on the market.

No need to be so eager to replace it from the start.

How is the default screen protector? Anyone recommend getting separate screen and camera screen protectors?

quasar89

Reaction score
You can use the default protector. It is good enough. Once it starts to peel, then you can look to change, by then there will be alot more options on the market.

No need to be so eager to replace it from the start.

Thanks for your advice. Do you know if the camera lens comes with a screen protector applied too?

striker22

Reaction score
No, it does not. You need to get a case with the bumper and/ or a camera lens protector if you want.

andy77

Reaction score
Seem like not much casing available for Mate 20 X. What casing are you guy using beside the flip?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.