Not open for further replies.

RockaRolla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get from B&H, the shipping cheaper than amazon at 98 vs 140

So total after everything, around 360+sgd

Kaeshya

Reaction score
Hi guys, am looking to get a subwoofer since its black friday.

I'm running an amp (Aune x1s anniversary edition, mainly for headphones) and Edifier bookshelves (RT1280DB). Appreciate any recommendations for a subwoofer that would be good to boost this system. Budget maybe 150- 250ish? Sound quality over aesthetics. Thanks!

lucied

Reaction score
Bought a pair of jbl 306p to upgrade from my 5 month old edifier r2000db.

Think I will need to raise the monitors with something as they aren't tilted upwards towards my head.

Any noticeable difference between sitting on table, books, foam or stands(isoacoustics)? Kind of broke after buying.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score

Think I will need to raise the monitors with something as they aren't tilted upwards towards my head.

Any noticeable difference between sitting on table, books, foam or stands(isoacoustics)? Kind of broke after buying.
the most noticeable difference i experience is that it stopped making table noise.

Sent from - Akiteck - using GAGT

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of foam stands for around 10sgd only on aliexpresss/taobao. Cheap enuff to try out. Reviews seem good too.

Jamesky

Reaction score
It usually stays within the Black Friday weekend. Until Cyber Monday

Last edited:

icecapt

Reaction score

There IS a difference. But better or not is kinda subjective. I personally prefer not putting anything, it just sounds more natural to me.

Dearboy87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any RCA cable to recommend?

For DAC to Speakers~

currently using 1311a~

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1311a is speaker cable...

Compared to cables designed for line-level signals, speaker cables have worse shielding = more noise (Speaker cables are unshielded while most RCA cables are coaxial)

But the fact that nobody is complaining and some even recommending this shows how resilient the audio system is against imperfections.

So it is hard for me to recommend "cables that sound better" when it is hard to find "cables that sound worse". ;) Go for anything that looks like they will last long mechanically a.k.a. go for factory-terminated and avoid DIY.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
You have to consider what are you setting for?
Music or use with TV for movies/games/film.
If you are using TV as media player, playing music and etc.
The marantz melody is a decent setup for music listening.

However for movies/TV shows, rather get a AVR instead.
For AVR not necessary need all 5 speakers, maybe just
floorstanding speaker/monitor speaker will do.

thanks for the reply,

mainly for music (spotify/ cds/ thumbdrives), not often for tv, but occasionally (once or twice a month for movie or netflix).

that's why considering the melody (music priority). but it can still deal with tv (analog in/ optical in) right?

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply,

mainly for music (spotify/ cds/ thumbdrives), not often for tv, but occasionally (once or twice a month for movie or netflix).

that's why considering the melody (music priority). but it can still deal with tv (analog in/ optical in) right?

quick qn;

for around 1k budget, any all in one (cd/ fm radio/ streaming) amps to recommend?

or should i consider a standalone deck with radio and cd if possible and add on a streaming device (node2 or similar)

i'm reading reviews and they all seem to report that streaming thru the melody keeps dropping. like stop and need to reconnect and also like hang.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I use my elcheapo Chromecast Audio connected by optical cable to my denon m40. Then i use spotify on my smartphone to choose playlist. Mostly works great. But even if sometimes and rarely the phone cannot connect to chromecast, it still continues play music. And for $50 i got no complaint.

mike911

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like to ask if it is worth to spend on repairs on speaker?

Not sure what happened, but suddenly the sound output became very "stereo-ish" and way softer than usual. almost felt like there is insufficient power.

- I tried different power outlet
- I tried different audio input/rca cable
- I tried turning the volume/treble/bass knobs
- I tried removing 1 side of the speaker as well

http://www.swanspeaker.com/products/products.aspx?cid=5&sid=0&pid=287

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.